Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nereek

Vick turned white

304 posts in this topic

The article has a good ending but I think its in poor taste sense too many people are overly sensitive to open dialogue involving racial / cultural differences.

virginiafalcon likes this

heroic my butt........only reason YKW quit fighting dogs was because he got caught I'm amazed at how some keep making excuses for this low life

YKW is a media fraud. This is the same dude who knew he had herpes and pass it on to a chic. Media constantly falling for the oke doke.

At the core he's an selfish narcissist.

neg away huggers

Same dude threw every teammate and coach he's had under the bus.

A stupid white kid growing up in the ghetto would have still been introduced to dog fighting and probably would have made similiar mistakes. It is not that he is black, it is that he is stupid.

+1 True

A stupid white kid growing up in the ghetto would have still been introduced to dog fighting and probably would have made similiar mistakes. It is not that he is black, it is that he is stupid.

I nominate this for post of the year! +1 100 if I could

real_fan, ZOSO62 and BenB321 like this

True but the articles goes deeper.

This is not to say there aren't insights to be gained from hypotheticals. One pertinent question: Would a white kid have been introduced to dogfighting at a young age and have it become normalized to the extent that he builds it into his life after he joins the NFL? It's possible, but it's far less likely because what made Vick stand out among dogfighters is less race than class. The deep pockets of an NFL star led to a kennel that was too big not to fail eventually. But if it did, though, would this white kid have been busted? Remember, it wasn't suspicion of dogfighting that started the investigation that put Vick in jail. It was that element that we've all seen hold back or bring down so many athletes from the hood -- the entourage. Vick's cousin Davon Boddie was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell in Hampton, Va. When police asked him for his address, he led them to the home where Bad Newz Kennels was located. After that, Vick never had a chance.

Here's another question: If Vick grew up with the paternal support that white kids are more likely to have (72 percent percent of black children are born to unwed mothers compared with 29 percent of white children), would he have been involved in dogfighting? I ask this not to look for an excuse but to explore the roots of his behavior. Vick's stunningly stupid moral breakdown with respect to dogs is certainly related to the culture of the world he grew up in, which he says fully embraced dogfighting. But it's also related to the household he grew up in.

Vick's father, Michael Boddie, was not a positive influence on him growing up. Boddie admitted to The Washington Post that he was a cocaine user and had been high and drunk around young Vick. He says he often prepared the family garage so Vick could have pit bull fights there. Boddie's account is disputed by a family friend, who says Vick's mother would not have allowed that. Either way, at some point in Vick's youth, his father became estranged from the family. This breakdown of Vick's paternal relationship is a pattern that's all too common among black men of his generation. Too many are left to define manhood on their own, so they gravitate toward the most charismatic and inspiring men in their world. Sometimes those men are gritty local sports coaches who teach them the value of hard work, but sometimes they're ghetto celebrities who are unsavory role models with bad habits.

Which is why I was extremely pissed when dummy (YKW) hinted that it was "a blk thing". hel no mofo! It's a sociopathic thing.

True but the articles goes deeper using not stereotypes but cultural difference between whites and blacks:

Those cultural difference become less obvious when you are poor and live in the ghetto. To really change the outcome you have to make Vick smarter and change where he grew up.

Which is why I was extremely pissed when dummy (YKW) hinted that it was "a blk thing". hel no mofo! It's a sociopathic thing.

Quote from article below:

Here's another question: If Vick grew up with the paternal support that white kids are more likely to have (72 percent percent of black children are born to unwed mothers compared with 29 percent of white children),

Be honest with yourself. There are some obvious socio-eonomic differences in how many whites and blacks are raised and it centers around the contrast in quality of fathering. Of course a kid will be less well off financially and morally if the mother is left to raise their children without the physical, moral, and financially support of a father.

We need to be accountable and change this. We only accomplish this by raising out kids like fathers are supposed to.

Sure a poor white kids could grow up around dog fighting. When people talk about the advantages of being white. The only advantage I see is that your odds are better of having a daddy around to raise you then if you were black. That is just a fact, Jack. If you want to argue that then your argueing over the sky red being red and grass being blue.

Some are not mature enough to even conversate about American Sociology.

The way thing are in America. It is what it is. Some will say things are racist, so will say it's not. Some will say it's stupid, so say it's not. I could care less about the situation. I think what is causing so much conflict, are the people that acts like he's Ted Bundy or someone. This guy killed an endangered panther, and was sentenced to two years probation. Was it race related? Maybe or maybe not. One thing for sure is: It seems to be more about the money than anything. Maybe they knew that he was killing dogs, but just waited until he had enough money.

atlGM and Bob Ðigital like this

Quote from article below:

Be honest with yourself. There are some obvious socio-eonomic differences in how many whites and blacks are raised and it centers around the contrast in quality of fathering. Of course a kid will be less well off financially and morally if the mother is left to raise their children without the physical, moral, and financially support of a father.

Be honest with yourself.

Sure a poor white kids could grow up around dog fighting. When people talk about the advantages of being white. The only advantage I see is that your odds are better of having a daddy around to raise you then if you were black. That is just a fact, Jack.

#1 - Some people are just genetically predisposed to be idiots.

#2 -

For the rest of us guidance and structure is the key. A ton of serial killers had fathers around. From everything I've read about YKW's father he was probably better off without him.

Personally I think YKW is teetering between #1 and #2.

Sure a poor white kids could grow up around dog fighting. When people talk about the advantages of being white. The only advantage I see is that your odds are better of having a daddy around to raise you then if you were black. That is just a fact jack.

What are the percentages of white kids with both parents living in a ghetto and growing up around dog fighting? The ~70 percent of white kids with both parents may be true but that is nationwide.

The way thing are in America. It is what it is. Some will say things are racist, so will say it's not. Some will say it's stupid, so say it's not. I could care less about the situation. I think what is causing so much conflict, are the people that acts like he's Ted Bundy or someone. This guy killed an endangered panther, and was sentenced to two years probation. Was it race related? Maybe or maybe not. One thing for sure is: It seems to be more about the money than anything. Maybe they knew that he was killing dogs, but just waited until he had enough money.

One thing is for sure ? Are you freaking kidding ?

The searched the property b/c one of his buddies got popped with pot and gave the address of the dog kennells as his address. The probably thought he was "just" growing pot in the woods.

The government did not get anything out of Vick financially. He owed more to banks and creditors then he was actually worth at the time.