Further proof to negative nancies that preseason doesnt matter.

Falconsken

I just don't know what people expect. It's like they've never understood the concept of fanhood, or "fan", short for "fanatic. " is. We have no idea what the coaches are doing behind thes scenes, all we have are these boards to discuss our concerns about what we see on the field.

No one lost sleep because we lost a preseason game. I don't know what some of you want, glitter, unicorn, and rainbow gifs of Mularkey and Van Gorder as if they were on the cover of Tiger Beat? Does it always have to be sunshine and happy thoughts? We want a Super bowl, there is no real way for to discuss our concerns and likes about our team besides the boards.

I just don't know what people expect. It's like they've never understood the concept of fanhood, or "fan", short for "fanatic. " is. We have no idea what the coaches are doing behind thes scenes, all we have are these boards to discuss our concerns about what we see on the field.

No one lost sleep because we lost a preseason game. I don't know what some of you want, glitter, unicorn, and rainbow gifs of Mularkey and Van Gorder as if they were on the cover of Tiger Beat? Does it always have to be sunshine and happy thoughts? We want a Super bowl, there is no real way for to discuss our concerns and likes about our team besides the boards.

Probably want a glimpse of this "high powered offense" and want the defense to look like gritzblitz part deux. :lol:

It always the same people every year flipping out about pre season wins and loses. We were 13-3 last year and made roster improvements, we will be fine. Some here either want to hate the falcons or just enjoy trolling this place cause they have no life.

we also played the worst division in football and 2 of the worst teams in the league. not to mention we had what, 7 games we came from behind to win in the last few minutes. and did nothing to address the secondary. lets stop pretending like we were rolling thru everybody like the 07 pats.

Unless I see a repeat of the preseason game performance we had against the chargers I am not to concerned. I don't care what anyone says but anyone who saw that game and was a Falcon fan was nervous going into the regular season.

So far as bad as our second string has been, it hasn't touched how bad our starters and entrire team was in that game.

Edited by BadMoonRising

Difference is the Colts have been in the playoffs almost every season for 15 years - the Falcons havent.

Win/Loss records are not important. Player Performance is though, and when I see players unable to perform fundamental things like tackling, or blocking, then thats a problem. The Colts are one of the most fundamentally sound teams in the NFL. The Falcons are not.

Unless I see a repeat of the preseason game performance we had against the chargers I am not to concerned. I don't care what anyone says but anyone who saw that game and was a Falcon fan was nervous going into the regular season.

So far as bad as our second string has been, it hasn't touched how bad our starters and entrire team was in that game.

Exactly, and that was a game we won. Proving that it's not about wins and losses in the Preseason, it's the quality of play.

I get the point of the thread, but I haven't seen anyone on the board alarmed by the fact Atlanta has lost the games.

I mean...that's a whole different issue than being concerned about the Jaguars 4th string WRs, rookie UDFAs who aren't even going to make their team, making plays against the Falcons 2nd string secondary.

Oh HeII No!

The first 2 games of preseason is to test the new guys and the vets.

You put them in bad situations and find out what kind of fighter they are or are not.

Basically the coaches set them up to lose.

The back half of the preseason you let them play it straight up and set them up to win.

You do not carry losing over into the regular season.

As I have always preached.

How you Practice is what you will take into Game Day,

I have been a Pro at Two Sports. One of which was not to make money at, the other was all about the Beer and Money.

Not that the money was all that great, but everybody wanted the money and it always came down to who wanted it the most,

Pre Season Games are Highly Important.

Since 2005, the Colts have lost more preseason games than regular-season games (4-24 in preseason, 75-21 in regular season).

Find a logical complaint to this... The colts the team that year in year out performs very well and aslong at manning is a qb there they are going to be contenders.

This is why the KIDS on this site shouldnt take it so seriously

thank u, all these people think the sky is falling bc we lost 2 pre season games, Half the dudes dont even play. as long as we have a strong 22 starters and decent back ups, we will be fine. all u guys who are asking for the OC & DC job obvisouly are bandwagon fans. they dont know what its like to love a team whether there good or not. i went to every game when Joey Harrington was the QB. haha. im behind everything TD does bc he has brought me the 3 best years of Falcons football. We are a Winner now! be Proud! B)

This is why I believe its futile to anaylize preseason performances.

There is no game planning. Not my opinion but Smitty's own words. To all those "fans" crying about schemes and playcalling this is why we are seeing more of the same simple vanilla playcalling each game. The first two games were all about player evaluations and trying new things in different situations and to find out strenghts and weakness to work on in practice. The next game after cuts will be more about deciding position battles and fine tuning the starters and key backups. The final game will be to get a final look at those players still on the bubble and finalizing the roster before the season starts.

One other thing teams have not seen our offense where they cant double Roddy and TG or stack the box against Turner. We've havent had a legit threat opposite RW and TG now DCs have to account JJ and HD and at least in Chicago's case they wont have any game film in which to prepare. After week one all teams will have to throw out what they know about our offense and start from scratch game planning for us. So why would we put all our cards on the table in meaningless preseason games. To me that is a big advantage especially against division foes who may have gotten comfortable with the same ol falcons.

So does the quality of preseason play matter?

Absolutely. If we see that Owens and Franks can't handle nickel, we need to go get some one who can. I completely understand we test the players in formations that might not be what we'd use in a real game, but when the players get torched, or cause a penalty, there is reason to be concerned.

On the other hand, I'm not the least bit worried about Roddy not getting catches, he's proven. But when we don't seem to improve on issues that we were weak on last year, I think it's totally justified to have concern and talk about on a football message board.

Since 2005, the Colts have lost more preseason games than regular-season games (4-24 in preseason, 75-21 in regular season).

Find a logical complaint to this... The colts the team that year in year out performs very well and aslong at manning is a qb there they are going to be contenders.

I love the way many of you on this MB attempt to tell others how they should act or feel about the team, a player, the coaches, preseason, etc. If you don't like reading what the "Negative Nancies" have to say then don't read it.

It's a message board and everyone is entitled to voice their opinions without being called names--whether you like it or not.

thank u, all these people think the sky is falling bc we lost 2 pre season games, Half the dudes dont even play. as long as we have a strong 22 starters and decent back ups, we will be fine. all u guys who are asking for the OC & DC job obvisouly are bandwagon fans. they dont know what its like to love a team whether there good or not. i went to every game when Joey Harrington was the QB. haha. im behind everything TD does bc he has brought me the 3 best years of Falcons football. We are a Winner now! be Proud! B)

true that! ;)

While I agree with your premise, that the preseason is meaningless, the disparity in record argument is logically flawed because it really revolves around their dependence on one player- Peyton Manning who now plays very little in the preseason. Our starting offense minus our center was disappointing in the last game. End of the world, no but concern yes

If preseason is meaningless, then why do they play them?

I dont care if we go 0-4 in the pre-season, but I do care HOW we go 0-4 if we do. I care if I see Peters and Jerry tackle each other trying to sack the QB. I care if I see Owens or Franks slip and trip or get burned in coverage. I care if Ryan looks jittery and checks down half his throws. Those are problems. And there is no magical Switch that gets flipped ON when regular season starts, at least with this team. Generally what we see in pre-season carries on into regular season.

I have a better reason than the one you listed.

2008 Detroit Lions preseason record was 4-0, any guesses to what their regular season record was?

PRESEASON MATTERS AS MUCH AS A CHICKEN'S OPINION ON IF KFC, POPEYES, CHURCHES OR CHIK FIL A IS A MORE HUMANE AND BETTER TASTING RESTAURANT!!!!

Edited by pdawg29

I would gladly take a Super Bowl championship and the prospects of winning more (because we were the better team) than being accused of cheating to win three of them.

You are too funny...LMAO....to think for one moment that the rest of the football world thinks that The Patriots cheated their way to 3 SBs...why just 3?

I promise you that I don't want Ryan losing in the Playoffs year end and year out to Philly or GB only to have 1 ring with promise of future appearences. I'd rather Ryan have a record like Brady or better. Who made Manning and the Colts the standard for Ryan? All respect to Manning, but ummmm no thanks!

I have a better reason than the one you listed.

2008 Detroit Lions preseason record was 4-0, any guesses to what their regular season record was?

PRESEASON MATTERS AS MUCH AS A CHICKEN'S PREFERENCE ON WHEREVER KFC, POPEYES, CHURCHES OR CHIK FIL A IS A MORE HUMANE RESTAURANT!!!!

You totally don't get it. Once again, Nobody cares about the win or loss. It's the quality of play, whether issues have been addressed. There are some issues from last year that we are still struggling with.It's concern, not panic.

You totally don't get it. Once again, Nobody cares about the win or loss. It's the quality of play, whether issues have been addressed. There are some issues from last year that we are still struggling with.It's concern, not panic.

And again Detroit 2008 preseason team played top notch from starters to back up. Regular season.....

Individuals will NEVER understand what you are saying because of a lack of comprehension. To busy trying to dispute.

Comprehension

1. a: the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding

:mellow: