Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoLuvinMyFalcons

Vick

346 posts in this topic

I'm not bitter about his statement at all...with the firing of Dan Reeves the whole Organization was put in a rough spot with Jim Mora and Co.

I completely agree with this. There is nothing wrong with what he said. The whole organization was just in a rough spot, which is why I am that much more thankful to have the current regime in place.

YoungHeezy likes this

I think what he meant to say was:

'I would have been better off if Mr. Blank, who I love, hadn't fired Coach Reeves because Coach Reeves knew how to make me efficient and knew how to keep me on the straight and narrow. Coach Reeves, Mr. Blank and Tony Dungy were very supportive through my ordeal.

When Mr. Blank hired Mora and the fun bunch and brought in Take A Knapp in 2004, I was relegated to a running QB that threw five yard passes to the TE. There is no doubt in my mind that if Coach Reeves had a chance to coach his players from 2004-2006 we would have won a championship.

But yeah who wouldn't want to be drafted by Andy Reid, a Bill Walsh disciple? He has made so many QBs successful. Favre, Donovan, Kolb, you name it.'

WHile I have grade-a disdain for vick I can't disagree: He would have been massively better off if Reeves had stayed coach.

Adam Schefter was just on ESPN and said Vick obviously didnt remember correctly. He said it was money that made the Philly decision, and that if either of the other teams had made a better offer he would have went. I dont doubt that Goodell might have told him the Philly organization would be a good place for him.

On Vick. Well it is simple. He was a lazy Falcon with no work ethic. He did not give our team what we deserved. He was not a good passer. Philly has changed that and it seems to be working. Bottom line is at this point I dont give a **** he is not a Falcon and did more to disgrace my team then he ever did for it. I too wish he would have been drafted by someone else.

I like Schefter but I tend to trust Tony Dungy on that subject. He said Cincy and I think Oakland were interested and he told him those situations were unstable (which they were/are)and that Philly would be a much better fit. Like he said, who wants to be a 3rd string QB? As I recall Philly didn't really break the bank for him.

I have let the past go, but this is unforgiveable by Vick. You basically got the keys to the city, and were so busy with running a side business and taking care of all your high school friends that you never gave this team a chance to be successful with you under center. I'm not going to wish ill upon him or anyone, but I do wish that the Eagles end up being an unmitigted disaster this season...

Oh and as for Goodell...if I were Buffalo or Cincy I'd be looking into this, because in the business world this is called a moral hazard and they may both have claims of tampering to address with King Roger.

MM out.

the sad thing is even after this article, come sept 18 all the ignorant african americans will be chanting we want Vick again. it's ******* pathetic. I might get into a fight if anyone around me starts cheering for him. who's gonna bail me out of jail.

This is the type BS that's going to get YOU hit.

D**m shame.

wonderboy09 likes this

Oh, for the record...if you're concerned about the rep system on this board just come in here and talk about how you hate Vick. Guaranteed to get some +1s and get your rep up.

What does have to with us. All I heard was blah blah blah by keisha.

It's funny he wished he was drafted by the eagles. I wonder if he'll say that next year when they don't give him enough money, cause it is all to those players they got in FA.

No way with the cap they have left would they be able to keep vick and jackson.

Seriously Gritz, I respect you as a poster. Calm down bro.

I get that Falcons fans are going to be emotional about it. However, I reserve the right to look at the situation objectively. Mind you, I'm the guy that roots for my team but actually likes Drew Brees and while I was upset that the Saints won...I was happy for the guy. I rarely get as "emotional" when it comes to our "enemies" like others do.

Anyone who has followed me on these boards knows my stance on the guy. He was to blame for much of what happened on the field, but I always said our on field issues were way bigger than him and I stand by it. Knapp was a joke and our receivers couldn't catch a cold at the time. I wasn't surprised to see the success he had last year on the field and I don't expect it to change. Some of that is b/c he's changed...some of that is b/c his staff/system has changed. I don't really see where he said anything inflammatory. I just think that Falcons fans want/long to hear him say it was "all my fault". Regardless of how much they may want that...it's not gonna happen. In large b/c it's just not the truth.

First of all, I'm completely calm....didn't use any profanity, didn't call Vick or anyone else a name....Don't know where you get that I'm particularly upset.

The thing about Mora/Knapp/Our receivers at the time/etc..etc.... is a complete and separate issue. Vick's actions were his and his alone. He coasted. He didn't study the materials Mora gave him. He didn't try hard enough. Analytically, not emotionally, analytically that isn't acceptable.

I look at it this way. I consider myself a stockholder in this team. I invest my money and my time on the Atlanta Falcons. At one time Michael Vick was considered one of the best assets that this team, or stock, had. When that asset in later years admits that it didn't perform well at times due to it's own disinterest and lack of effort then, call me crazy, that isn't acceptable to me.

Vick's interviews and conversations since he left have convinced me that for where Vick was in his life at the time, no coach or front office personnel would have altered his fate....Not Dan Reeves, not Andy Reid, not Vince Lombardi.

Bird of a Feather likes this

See, my thing is leave that to Tony Dungy. I don't feel Goodell should have input on that. I know this is the nightmare scenario but say he steered the Eagles to the SB this year...I think people that hate the Eagles would have a legit gripe about it.

Say the Colts were crazy enough to not sign Peyton this offseason and he sought Goodell's counsel (for whatever reason) and he told him to go to the Titans...and the Titans went on to win it all the next season. I'd take issue with that.

Goodell may get a lot of heat coming his way if Philly somehow win the chip this year.

for one a lot of people hate the Eagles:

1. Vick - most polarizing player in the league, just look at this thread lol

2. D. Jackson - A lot of stick-in-da-muds do not like his "swag" and celebrations

3. VY's "dream team" comment - Brings back the Heat hate from last year

4. Nobody likes NFC East teams

5. It's frigging philly.

If the somehow win it all the calls for his head will rise for conspiring to get them a championship. I can already see it bubbling up.

#1 pick likes this

This is the type BS that's going to get YOU hit.

D**m shame.

how so? I didn't say all African americans I said ignorant ones. what's the problem with that? don't be so butt hurt. and before anyone calls me a racist. I've been in an interracial relationship for over 5 years.

BadMoonRising likes this

Let me get this right...

So the Falcons should have forced that GROWN *** MAN to do the job he was being paid millions to do?

that mother****** must be crazy!!!!

I completely agree with this. There is nothing wrong with what he said. The whole organization was just in a rough spot, which is why I am that much more thankful to have the current regime in place.

It just shows Blank made several bad decisions after he bought the franchise.

Firing Dan Reeves... hiring Jim Mora... trusting Mike Vick... hiring Bobby Petrino...

Jim Mora and Greg Knapp will make you lose your desire to play football too. That coaching staff was a complete joke.

I would describe them (Mora/Knapp) as the biggest two jokes to come to Atlanta! I don't really give a damnnn about people hating me for my PREVIOUS support of Vick...but that article pisses me off. He did get support from many African-American people in Atlanta. I feel he's turned his back. In turn, I have too. I want him on his azzz when he plays us.

cannonballsghost likes this

I always wonder when a person makes a wholesale character change how long it takes to revert back to the way they have been their whole life. I don't mean that he would go back to his old ways of illegal activities. I mean now that he has enjoyed success once again and even the half a brain cell Eagirls fans raised him back on a pedestal it sounds like he is once again blaming everyone but himself. Sounds like the whole contrition bit was an act.

I just find it riculous that in so many different ways some people want to blame the government, their boss, the commissioner, their mom for their own poor choices in life. I'm a bit fed up with these type of people who take a dump on society and then blame the very thing that has been helping them all along. :angry:

kevykev21 and cannonballsghost like this

You can't separate the on field stuff with the off field stuff with Vick because it obviously affected each other. So the falcons system prevented Vick from learning how to hold a football while scrambling? The coaches prevented him from learning how to slide? They also wouldn't let him stay after practice and learn the plays. He was a pure student of the game and knew how to read defenses but that Knapp just wouldn't let him call an audible

cannonballsghost and kevykev21 like this

the sad thing is even after this article, come sept 18 all the ignorant african americans will be chanting we want Vick again. it's ******* pathetic. I might get into a fight if anyone around me starts cheering for him. who's gonna bail me out of jail.

That's an ignorant azz statement right there. Believe me, I've moved on from the Vick era...call me ignorant when you see me. We'll both need bail money.

I hope everyone in the GA Dome remembers this when he comes to town. Its amazing how I can dislike a player so much that was once my favorite player.

You can't separate the on field stuff with the off field stuff with Vick because it obviously affected each other. So the falcons system prevented Vick from learning how to hold a football while scrambling? The coaches prevented him from learning how to slide? They also wouldn't let him stay after practice and learn the plays. He was a pure student of the game and knew how to read defenses but that Knapp just wouldn't let him call an audible

At the root of the guy is a poor excuse for an human. Took me a long time to see it.

At the root of the guy is a poor excuse for an human. Took me a long time to see it.

+1

**** Mike Vick. He chose to be lazy while in Atlanta. I hope this article/comments help separate him from our franchise. I'm going to be sick if he gets any cheers from fans when they come to Atlanta. I still haven't forgotten when he came here in 09.

cannonballsghost likes this

So this post doesn't get negs?

#1 pick likes this

Even renowned management stooge, Peter King, has a problem with Goodell's tampering:

There will be questions, and there should be pointed ones, about whether the league steered Vick away from the Bills and Bengals and into the hands of the Eagles. If that happened (and I have no evidence of it other than Vick’s words to Leitch), the Buffalo and Cincinnati owners should rightfully be asking commissioner Roger Goodell: Whose side are you on, anyway?

Common sense would tell you Vick needed stability above all when he signed in Philadelphia. Stability in management, coaching and atmosphere — and that’s above playing time, above money, above everything. Philadelphia had that — plus a good learning environment for a quarterback — tenfold over either of the other teams. And the league needed Vick to be a success story, not a statistic. So the fact that Vick ended up with Philadelphia, regardless of his success to this point, seems far better for him than either of the alternatives.

Still, the NFL cannot be in the business of pointing players to certain team. It’s patently unfair, to say the least.

grasshopperjonessays.gif

#1 pick likes this

how so? I didn't say all African americans I said ignorant ones. what's the problem with that? don't be so butt hurt. and before anyone calls me a racist. I've been in an interracial relationship for over 5 years.

yeah....and I see dead people.

That's an ignorant azz statement right there. Believe me, I've moved on from the Vick era...call me ignorant when you see me. We'll both need bail money.

we're you one of the ones chanting we want vick in 2009? no? then you aren't the ignorant ones I was talking about. jesus people. read what I said its not hard. if y'all are ok with people chanting we want Vick then gtfo and go to eagles message board. my post was in reference to the ones chanting we want Vick everytime he touched the ball. it's pathetic. try to twist what I say all you want and call me a racist but I'm far from it. just pisses me off when I hear that. so see ya in jail??