Jon Stewart on Ron Paul

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad but true.

I really like Ron Paul. I wish he would be there in the end.

I dont know what it is about the guy that make people discount him and his chances. Age?

Age? McCain was older than dirt and the media loved him.

The media hates Paul because he doesn't play their game. He's not a partisan hack who toes his party's line for the sake of being "electable". For a media that is firmly invested in making sure that they keep us all in our own ideological cheering sections, Paul is a nightmare. So they marginalize or just outright ignore him.

And some are still calling him a radical. I have to ask what is so radical about saying that fighting two wars for nearly a decade now is not a very good idea, or that our current economic and banking policies are failed, or that the drug war has done more harm than good?

Age? McCain was older than dirt and the media loved him.

The media hates Paul because he doesn't play their game. He's not a partisan hack who toes his party's line for the sake of being "electable". For a media that is firmly invested in making sure that they keep us all in our own ideological cheering sections, Paul is a nightmare. So they marginalize or just outright ignore him.

And some are still calling him a radical. I have to ask what is so radical about saying that fighting two wars for nearly a decade now is not a very good idea, or that our current economic and banking policies are failed, or that the drug war has done more harm than good?

The media doesn't like him because he is not invested in their corporate masters. The media is every bit as bought and paid for as the politicians. Not in a "grand conspiracy" sense where there is a Trilateral Commission deciding who gets in power, but in a "we work for someone else" sense where they won't bite the hand that feeds them.

The media doesn't like him because he is not invested in their corporate masters. The media is every bit as bought and paid for as the politicians. Not in a "grand conspiracy" sense where there is a Trilateral Commission deciding who gets in power, but in a "we work for someone else" sense where they won't bite the hand that feeds them.

That's basically what I meant by the media being "invested". I don't think they particularly care which of the two parties are in power because as we have seen, it hardly makes any difference. In fact, I think they know that keeping the population divided is the best way to serve their corporate masters and maintain the status quo.

Jon Stewart is right on the money, as usual, and I might have to create fake accounts like Steve to give extra +1's to Gritz and JDave. My thoughts exactly.

And Julian- try to keep up. The "Ron Paul's a racist" thing was thoroughly debunked about 5 years ago.

Not that I agree that Mr Paul is a racist, but I am curious how you "debunk" a persons feelings and opinions towards another persons race. What was the proof that you saw that made you say "Nope, not a racist".

Not that I agree that Mr Paul is a racist, but I am curious how you "debunk" a persons feelings and opinions towards another persons race.

What feelings or opinions?

What was the proof that you saw that made you say "Nope, not a racist".

I can't speak for CLofton, but for me it was the lack of proof that he ever said anything racist.

What feelings or opinions?

I can't speak for CLofton, but for me it was the lack of proof that he ever said anything racist.

Interesting. So the 1992 newsletters were written by someone else, and he chose not to review them before they were published, even though his name was all over it? I guess naming your son Rand isn't an indicator either. We all know Ayn Rand (who he is named after) loved racial equality.

Interesting. So the 1992 newsletters were written by someone else, and he chose not to review them before they were published, even though his name was all over it?

They were, in fact, written by someone else, and Paul has acknowledged his failing in letting the newsletter be published without him checking over the content more carefully. But don't take my word for it:

I guess naming your son Rand isn't an indicator either. We all know Ayn Rand (who he is named after) loved racial equality.

His name is Randal. He is not named after Ayn Rand. Not sure what your sources are for your misinformation about Ron Paul, but you might want to find new ones.

They were, in fact, written by someone else, and Paul has acknowledged his failing in letting the newsletter be published without him checking over the content more carefully. But don't take my word for it:

If this is to be believed, which I obviously dont, then the old cook cant even run a paper without having his "boys" release racist material. Why would somebody trust him with a nation when he has proved himself to be totally incompetent

And lol at the faux liberal doing the interview. "I get sick and tired of Austin police...In most cases killing unarmed b-black m-man" :lol: :lol: :lol:. Never will these losers speak out against the black on black crime that makes me more than 2X as likely be gunned down than someone like that botox barbie twoism. These false liberal types only give a flying you know what about us when there is some benefit for them. I am still waiting on the flotilla to east africa....dont bet on that.

Nelson Linder might be a slave...I see no information about him on the web other than this ron paul interview. I believe somebody should contact the authorities in Texas :unsure:

The US has given more food aid to East Africa than most of the rest of the world combined, just so you know. Over half a billion dollars so far, while China (which you have previously praised for supposedly helping Africa) has only given 14 million.

From Fox News of all places (I guess patriotic self-congratulation trumps concerns over giving away US taxpayer money in this instance): http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/09/us-shells-out-aid-for-africa-as-china-russia-hold-back/

The guy would never win. He has no chance of ever being president, and he is an old bigot among other things.

+

Lol sure he denounced it....Also I wonder did he denounce taking pictures with the creator of the largest white nationalist site ever.

+

If this is to be believed, which I obviously dont, then the old cook cant even run a paper without having his "boys" release racist material. Why would somebody trust him with a nation when he has proved himself to be totally incompetent

=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_1tAv6wgE