A move the Falcons need to make

TD has been a complete failure in trying to find a nickel corner . He also has used free agency to make up for other needs instead of building through the draft like great teams do . TD has had 4 drafts to find a simple task as finding a nickel corner or a DE and he couldnt do either . The only reason we signed Ray Edwards was Kroy Bierman proved he wasn't starting material .

TD gets way to much credit then he deserves . TD did draft Ryan and drafted Lofton

He also made a move of signing Turner and with our coaching staff been a huge reason why Falcons franchise is on track but this team still has yet to win a playoff game

Also lacks key depth in areas that even our fan base can see clear as day

I hear you TD has made a few underwhelming picks but ......... thats to be expected nobody's perfect the draft is a crap shoot. Ryan over Dorsey .That alone is worth 3 bad picks. I wanted dorsey bad......Just say'n

Edited by I MUS WRITE

You have nothing on Owens outside of the Bengals 3rd quarter and Packers game where he only really had one horrendous drive where he did everything he possibly could wrong. The defense as a whole was eaten alive (Grimes and DRob included). Owens didn't give up 48 points. Yet this whole board seems to act like it. This nickel position has been addressed, just not in a way you seem to think is the right way to address it: by bringing in a name you recognize and trust for no reason.

He didn't play well in our 1st preseason game, giving up a touchdown, and if you watched him on plays when his WR didn't get thrown to the rest usually wasn't because he was tightly covered -- more like the QB had to get rid of the ball and threw elsewhere.

As for your post on "names don't win games" -- thanks, I'm well aware. Hayden isn't even a big name, he was very effective on a SB-winning team and he's been hurt. He's only 28 and we could give him a big 1 year deal to see if he's still got it. If he doesn't, then we'll roll with the winner of Franks/Owens/Walls. If he does, then he will be the nickel back and Franks/Owens/Walls will compete for the dime back spot and our defense will be that much better.

This was never about "Kelvin Hayden is AWESOME!!! BRING HIM HOME TD!!!". This was about adding an effective proven CB so we can beat the best teams in the NFC.

If we are looking for depth and experience at CB... why is Brian Williams not on the team anymore

He is 32, still can get around and Smitty brought him in because he was a vet that knew what he was doing

With Owens, Franks and Walls slowly improving, Williams keeps are stability while we become an ELITE defense

Edited by KSFALCON

I'm all for bringing in a nickle back.

Briam Williams having B2B knee injuries was a crying shame.

With all things considered , age, exp, etc. he was Perfect and he played hard.

We need an aged vet who still has a good set of wheels.

Who ever this guy is, I do not know, that is TDs job and TD

really needs to get on the phone and Bring Him Home.

We are 1 injury away at CB from disaster.

Briam Williams having B2B knee injuries was a crying shame.

With all things considered , age, exp, etc. he was Perfect and he played hard.

We need an aged vet who still has a good set of wheels.

Who ever this guy is, I do not know, that is TDs job and TD

really needs to get on the phone and Bring Him Home.

We are 1 injury away at CB from disaster.

Really? A disaster? You pro vet guys kill me. While were at it lets bring in a vet safety cause were one S injury from disaster or how about we bring in a vet LB cause Smitty said we really suffered when Spoon went down. And lets bring in a vet WR cause while JJ has shown flashes in his only nfl action the guys behind him are largely unproven cant trust them to get the job done. Also I know we just signed Ray but if either he or abe went down it would be a disaster so lets go get another vet. Now that I think about it maybe we should just trade all our draft picks for proven vets every year that way we wont have to wait for guys to develop or step up.

Sarcasm... you has it. :wub:

To further illustrate this point:

Miami's first 3 drives, against the #1 defense -- 5 yards, 2 ints

Miami's final 10 drives, against the backups -- 258 yards, 3 passing TDs, 1 int

The backups weren't total trash - Bush flashed some skills - but Owens and Schillinger both looked pretty awful in coverage, and I didn't see anything from Franks to get me excited.

This...with a side of THIS!!

I'll start off by saying this is a really good post. Seems like the OP put some thought into it.

I will say that I disagree with the player that he recommended (but only to some extent). Hayden had a really good year in 2008 but was injured for about 6 games that year. He was injured again in 2009 and had an absolute TERRIBLE year. Last year he was average but was injured for about 4 games.

If he can return back to his 2008 form, he's an absolute STEAL but he stays on the injury report and can't be depended upon to suit up on Sundays. Also, his performance the last couple years haven't been great.

Now the information that I don't have is what his injury was in 2008 and 2009. I'm not able to factor that into my opinion on the guy.

Really? A disaster? You pro vet guys kill me. While were at it lets bring in a vet safety cause were one S injury from disaster or how about we bring in a vet LB cause Smitty said we really suffered when Spoon went down. And lets bring in a vet WR cause while JJ has shown flashes in his only nfl action the guys behind him are largely unproven cant trust them to get the job done. Also I know we just signed Ray but if either he or abe went down it would be a disaster so lets go get another vet. Now that I think about it maybe we should just trade all our draft picks for proven vets every year that way we wont have to wait for guys to develop or step up.

you sure shocked me with that response