Now that Bachmann won Ames, taking bets on how long until she lets her freak flag fly.

15 members have voted

1. 1. How long until Michelle Bachmann gets back on the crazy train?

• 1 Week
    • 2 Weeks
    • 1 Month
    • 3 Months
    • She is perfectly sane and you are an idiot

Coming off of the Ames win and a week of good publicity, the media is going to start looking closely at her record and history of crazy talk. She had a rough interview with David Gregory on "Meet the Press" this morning where she came across as shifty and insincere, with a healthy dose of bats*** crazy thrown into the mix.

On the other hand, she was also (and has been all campaign) disciplined in avoiding the cringe-inducing Sarah Palin answers and toning down the crazy talk.

I strongly suspect she's going to flame out the same way Palin did--the more people see of her, the less they're going to like her. But until that happens, I'm taking bets on how long it takes her to let the freak flag fly and say something insane crazy in these interviews.

Edited by AcworthFalcFan

yea, she will get cocky sooner or later and have the opinion " everywhere Michelle Bachman goes people love her" and then the crazy train is full steam ahead.

I say she picks Ted Turner as a running mate and uses "taking care of business" as their campaign song and is sued into oblivion.

Bachmann did say something pretty remarkable during her interview, btw. When asked about appointing gays or atheists as judges, she said she had three criteria for choosing appointees:

1. Will they interpret the Constitution?

2. Are they competent?

And here's the telling one:

3. Do they share her views?

Sounds like she's giving up any pretense that she cares about judicial activists. She will only appoint judges who agree with her political views. Wonder if she's still upset about "liberal activism" anymore.

Full interview here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44136028/ns/meet_the_press-transcripts/

David Gregory busted her up pretty bad over her "I'm not judging gays" nonsense.

Edited by AcworthFalcFan

I have a question for you guys. Is there a Republican woman out there that you DO respect? It just gets old to many of us how any Republican woman who makes a name for herself becomes the lefts "public enemy no.1" and must be destroyed. Look at what Newsweek did with the photo shoot. Tell me that wasn`t absolute garbage. There seems to be no shame or limits with how low many on the left will stoop to destroy someone.

I have a question for you guys. Is there a Republican woman out there that you DO respect? It just gets old to many of us how any Republican woman who makes a name for herself becomes the lefts "public enemy no.1" and must be destroyed. Look at what Newsweek did with the photo shoot. Tell me that wasn`t absolute garbage. There seems to be no shame or limits with how low many on the left will stoop to destroy someone.

I dont normally get involved with political conversations and honestly am pretty moderate myself. So I'm not at all trying to instigate anything here, I'm just curious. Do people who are really dedicated republicans find neither Palin or Bachmann to be at least a little "crazy"? I just follow politics passively and they have always seemed to be a little off putting to me, but I find several people on the left that way too.

I agree about the Newsweek shoot, there is no way that they didn't know those photos were terrible.

because righties never busted on Hillary and Pelosi?

:rolleyes:

It's not the R in front of her name, it's the crazy behind her eyes, man.

And she really hasn't had enough airtime to go full palin yet.

I dont normally get involved with political conversations and honestly am pretty moderate myself. So I'm not at all trying to instigate anything here, I'm just curious. Do people who are really dedicated republicans find neither Palin or Bachmann to be at least a little "crazy"? I just follow politics passively and they have always seemed to be a little off putting to me, but I find several people on the left that way too.

I agree about the Newsweek shoot, there is no way that they didn't know those photos were terrible.

I dont want Palin or Bachman for President but I have no personal dislike for them or think they are crazy. There just seems to be a trend to attack any Republican woman who steps to the forefront in much the same way a Black Republican gets treated. Maybe I`m hyper sensitive to it, but the evidence is mounting.

because righties never busted on Hillary and Pelosi?

Thats a really good comparison. It reminds of a time my grandmother told me she hated Pelosi, I asked her why and she said "Because she's crazy". Without getting into the politics of Palin/Bachman/Pelosi/Clinton, the gate clearly swings both ways. People on each side think the other side is crazy.

Palin and Bachmann have set back females in politics by at least 30 years.

I dont want Palin or Bachman for President but I have no personal dislike for them or think they are crazy. There just seems to be a trend to attack any Republican woman who steps to the forefront in much the same way a Black Republican gets treated. Maybe I`m hyper sensitive to it, but the evidence is mounting.

The Republican women in question are lunatics.

or

Mass conspiracy between anyone who's not a far right leaning conservative or staunch Republican to demonize these two perfectly reasonable women.

Guess which answer I'm going with.

Put Cynthia McKinney up there and see how many Democrats do the exact same thing to her. This kind of bashing isn't partisan, it's just logic screaming to be heard.

And yet another election begins where you get two choices; Bad or Worse.

I already said Romney will win the nomination. Then the Republicans will lose. Some won't get past the Mormon issues, but that won't seal the deal. Romneycare will never be shaken off and Obama's billion-dollar campaign will go right after that. He's not conservative enough to get the Christians (heII he's not even Christian). Throw in that he's a RINO, and you have a younger John McCain without the war record.

I heard conservatives want Chris Christie to run (if not this year, definitely in 2012). With that, you can pretty much say goodbye to the middle class.