Shanked kickoffs : This Reboot sponsored by Microsoft.

Coin flips: Funded by an endowment from the Federal Reserve

Forward Pass: Courtesy of Porsche "the is no substitute"

Punts: Brought to you by the Committee to Re-Elect the President.

Scoring: From your friends at Ashley Madison

Clipping: Sponsored by Groupon

Audible: Audible

Illegal Motion: errrr lol

Blocking Below The Waist: Your Ex

---------------------------------------------

Sorry - This started stupid and got worse.

------------------------------------------------

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt bother me. It doesnt matter if every down is sponsored by someone. But I would be embarassed to be a sponsor of 4th downs

That made me giggle. ^_^

What's even funnier is most of you will be in line tomorrow giving Ronald that good 'ol ad revenue... the sweet circle of irony. lol

Edited by Bob Ðigital

"I am not gay. I will not jizz on sandwiches. Mackdawnulds is good money for the team. All advertising is the same. I eat dinner."

That's all of your posts, minus syntax/spelling errors and a plethora of emoticons. You haven't "said anything intelligent on this topic on," but rather equated all advertising as good because it brings in money. That's been your entire argument.

Someone mentioned the Seattle Seahawks' first downs being sponsored by "Good Guys." You call it an intelligent response, not because you verified it but because it you think it would help your argument. Herein lies the problem with not doing your own research.

Brian Davis (the play by play guy for the Seahawks) would say "there's another 'Good Guys' first down" on the radio, not at the game. Yes, a tech store in Seattle named "The Good Guys" paid the station to have them say that on the radio, not at the game. It would be the same as the "AT&T call to the bullpen" for Braves games. It's said to TV viewers, not people at the game.

And that's the engine breaking down. Pull the car over to the curb, your argument is busted.

Ok first off, whats with this car thing? Engine's and what not? Then " I'm not gay, I will not jizz on sandwhiches" WTF that's your twisted stuff your brought into this conversation.I also have spelled mcdonalds correctly every time not "mackwawnulds"( and you say you're older than me) :lol: Only people who lose arguments talk about peoples spelling errors as that last ditch effort to save face like you've done this entire time.

You think its ok to say something to tv viewers but not at an event. So if you were driving along in your car and were listening to a game and they said, " that was another Mcdonalds First down" you'd be ok with it, but if you hear the same thing in the Georgia dome you want to rip your hair out? It was a very intelligent response the other poster had made. You make absolutely zero sense and you have anger issues. Seriously if hearing that in the dome makes you all red faced, you should get your blood pressure checked.

Edit: Or better yet, why not let Arthur Blank charge us $25 extra per seat to take it off. You can pay mine. I have two seats so cough up that $50.

Edited by ltstorm2

Say it aint so - that's the lamest thing I've ever heard - pretty soon you will get a Mcdonalds 1st down in the Ford Drive Zone right after the Airtran Pass play that came after a Hooters time out - geez - the McDonalds first down thing is bad please don't have that all season Mr. Blank

yep - sounded stupid....I miss the 'and a Falcons, First Down!'

Advertisers are getting their brands into more sports in more ways over the last few years. Soccer teams tend to have at least one sponsor right on the front of the jersey, and more Major League Soccer teams have added sponsors like this recently (not all of them have one).

D.C. United (Washington, D.C. - Volkswagen)

jaime5.jpg

What surprised me was seeing WNBA teams add sponsors to the fronts of their jerseys (the Atlanta Dream don't have one yet), and NBA teams may be considering this too.

Los Angeles Sparks (Farmers Insurance Group)

farmersinsurance1.jpg

I just don't want it to get out of hand...

SamiKapanenKalPa.jpg

Ok first off, whats with this car thing? Engine's and what not? Then " I'm not gay, I will not jizz on sandwhiches" WTF that's your twisted stuff your brought into this conversation.I also have spelled mcdonalds correctly every time not "mackwawnulds"( and you say you're older than me) :lol: Only people who lose arguments talk about peoples spelling errors as that last ditch effort to save face like you've done this entire time.

You think its ok to say something to tv viewers but not at an event. So if you were driving along in your car and were listening to a game and they said, " that was another Mcdonalds First down" you'd be ok with it, but if you hear the same thing in the Georgia dome you want to rip your hair out? It was a very intelligent response the other poster had made. You make absolutely zero sense and you have anger issues. Seriously if hearing that in the dome makes you all red faced, you should get your blood pressure checked.

Edit: Or better yet, why not let Arthur Blank charge us $25 extra per seat to take it off. You can pay mine. I have two seats so cough up that $50.

Went ahead and crossed out the "I don't have any kind of response" filler. TV advertising is a different thing all together. And how's that advertising going? There's a commercial break almost every 5-7 minutes when you watch a game now.

But putting advertising in the actual game? That's going too far. That's injecting into the game. You just don't get it. And you can't defend it, which is exemplified by you relying on other's to come up with examples on your behalf when you didn't research them.

Response to the Seattle "Good Guys" first down? I didn't see one. Why? You don't have a response. That's your argument breaking down to nothing.

If you can't afford an extra $25 for tickets (you obviously have no concept or inflation or ticket sale increases) then I wish you would have said that ahead of time. It shows that you aren't going to/paying for tickets to many games and that's a bankbuster. Someone that is concerned with a $25 increase is frequently dining at McDonalds. They like McDonalds because of the cheap prices. They will defend McDonalds.

That's what you've done here. You've projected stupidity, anger, "female doggin'," yet presented no argument on how this is a good idea. You think that because McDonalds is advertising at the dome on first down, that tickets will be cheaper (let alone, $25 per seat cheaper).

Here's simple math.

The Dome holds around 72K seats (71,617 to be exact but we'll round up)

You say it saves $25 per seat. Okay, by your logic, if Arthur isn't charging the fans that much it is coming from McDonalds.

There are 8 home games a year.

72,000 seats x 8 home games * 25 dollars saved per seat:

72,000 x 8 x 25 =

Are you ready for this total?

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY FOUR MILLION DOLLARS

You really think McDonalds paid $144M for one year of advertising?

Wait for someone else to respond because you make zero argument that holds water.

Went ahead and crossed out the "I don't have any kind of response" filler. TV advertising is a different thing all together. And how's that advertising going? There's a commercial break almost every 5-7 minutes when you watch a game now.

But putting advertising in the actual game? That's going too far. That's injecting into the game. You just don't get it. And you can't defend it, which is exemplified by you relying on other's to come up with examples on your behalf when you didn't research them.

Response to the Seattle "Good Guys" first down? I didn't see one. Why? You don't have a response. That's your argument breaking down to nothing.

If you can't afford an extra $25 for tickets (you obviously have no concept or inflation or ticket sale increases) then I wish you would have said that ahead of time. It shows that you aren't going to/paying for tickets to many games and that's a bankbuster. Someone that is concerned with a $25 increase is frequently dining at McDonalds. They like McDonalds because of the cheap prices. They will defend McDonalds.

That's what you've done here. You've projected stupidity, anger, "female doggin'," yet presented no argument on how this is a good idea. You think that because McDonalds is advertising at the dome on first down, that tickets will be cheaper (let alone, $25 per seat cheaper).

Here's simple math.

The Dome holds around 72K seats (71,617 to be exact but we'll round up)

You say it saves $25 per seat. Okay, by your logic, if Arthur isn't charging the fans that much it is coming from McDonalds.

There are 8 home games a year.

72,000 seats x 8 home games * 25 dollars saved per seat:

72,000 x 8 x 25 =

Are you ready for this total?

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY FOUR MILLION DOLLARS

You really think McDonalds paid $144M for one year of advertising?

Wait for someone else to respond because you make zero argument that holds water.

Seriously i'm not that cute. Holler back at me when you make a bit of sense. You're so zoned in on me making you look silly you skip past everyone else's post that make you the same(with picture evidence). Your reading comprehension is awful. I have made my point that this is a very good idea for Arthur Blank. It might not be a good idea for you, but who are you? Nobody. You think Arthur Blank cares what you think about Mcdonalds? Are you so pissed off that your'e not going to come to the game? No you're still coming, and guess what you're still going to be pissed off at the Mcdonalds first down.

The only thing that you've shown is that you have a thing about cars breaking down, having sex with food, trying to make gay jokes and thats about it. You've shown that you dislike the Mcdonalds first down and havn't proven why it leads to cancer or rapes women or steals cars. Your only defense is " Others havn't done it so we shouldn't do it" thats it. That sounds just like a child saying " I'm not going to do it unless someone else goes first".

If I were to strike out the parts of your argument that made no sense well there wouldn't be anything left to read.

Nothing.

Explain how McDonalds advertising on first down cuts $25 bucks off each ticket.

Then explain how the Seattle First Down advertising was a good example, despite it being irrelevant to the discussion.

Then explain why incorporating advertising in the actual game is a good idea.

And no, "profit" isn't good enough.

You're just lookin' for that last word luxury, which you will not get because you've made the weakest argument of the week on here.

Seriously i'm not that cute. Holler back at me when you make a bit of sense. You're so zoned in on me making you look silly you skip past everyone else's post that make you the same(with picture evidence). Your reading comprehension is awful. I have made my point that this is a very good idea for Arthur Blank. It might not be a good idea for you, but who are you? Nobody. You think Arthur Blank cares what you think about Mcdonalds? Are you so pissed off that your'e not going to come to the game? No you're still coming, and guess what you're still going to be pissed off at the Mcdonalds first down.

I take it that you must be related to Blank and stand to inherit by the level of defense you are putting up. Otherwise, you look really silly defending the actions of a billionaire who is selling ad space in front of sports terms.

I take it that you must be related to Blank and stand to inherit by the level of defense you are putting up. Otherwise, you look really silly defending the actions of a billionaire who is selling ad space in front of sports terms.

Actually its really silly to get really mad over advertising at a dome especially when there are other things that go on the Dome that should really be considered to be"outrageous" to people. Its also silly to not understand a smart business move. I'm just responding to burger not to defend blank at this point but just to enrage him a lil more. I mean if the word Mcdonalds before "first down" makes him that mad, oh i'm sure he'd like to meet me at a waffle house by now. LOL

Actually its really silly to get really mad over advertising at a dome especially when there are other things that go on the Dome that should really be considered to be"outrageous" to people. Its also silly to not understand a smart business move. I'm just responding to burger not to defend blank at this point but just to enrage him a lil more. I mean if the word Mcdonalds before "first down" makes him that mad, oh i'm sure he'd like to meet me at a waffle house by now. LOL

Nobody is mad here. It's a messageboard. Your drivel is just being debunked and that leaves a few angles for you to play: 1) you're mad 2) you're stupid. You played both angles and still haven't backed up anything.

Other tell tale sign that you're losing an argument: overuse of emoticons.

Still waiting on those explanations. Maybe someone will step in on your behalf and try again.

What makes it a smart business move?

Explain how McDonalds advertising on first down cuts $25 bucks off each ticket.

Then explain how the Seattle First Down advertising was a good example, despite it being irrelevant to the discussion.

Then explain why incorporating advertising in the actual game is a good idea.

And no, "profit" isn't good enough.

You're just lookin' for that last word luxury, which you will not get because you've made the weakest argument of the week on here.

1. To be honest, I don't know if it does make the ticket price go down. I do know that it makes Blanks wallet fatter. If I were the owner of the team well that's what I'd be concerned with, making my pockets fatter. I wouldn't be concerned about someone not liking it. You're still going to the game I assume. So Blank wins, you're still going to go to the game and he's still going to pocket the money from the advertising. I'm not sure why i'd have to defend that. I mean would you rather have an owner that made bad business moves leaving him less money to afford the things we need. No you'd rather cry about a three words. Words, not even derogatory "words".

2. The ads are not and have never been a part of the actual game of football. If that were true, then there would be ads in all of the other teams "first down" announcements which you claim no other team has. Then you make it your point that other teams don't do it. So basically what you're saying is, if the other 31 teams in the NFL do something then we better do it to or we won't be cool? We have to do what all the other teams in the league do now? Standing in long lines paying for food thats extremely over priced is not part of the actual game of football, but you're not complaining about that. Your response to that " Well other places do it so it should be accepted here" That sounds just like your " we have to do the exact same things the other teams are doing". No you're perfectly fine with paying for overpriced concessions but three words just pisses you off and you hope they get rid of it. **** I want them to get rid of the overpriced concessions and bring those prices down to a reasonable level. That is a real issue. Being mad over advertising on a pa announcement is only something "spoiled brats" complain about.

3. How is the seattle example not relevant? So " Mcdonalds First Down" wouldn't sound less stupid on the radio in your opinion? So a prase like " Mcdonalds First Down " would be more credible and not make fun of the fan base if said on tv or the radio? Its just because its said in the dome that pisses you off. You say the Falcons FIRST DOWN gets people into the game. Well great but after that shut your mouth because your'e supposed to be silent when the offense is out on the field anyways.

4. Who the **** are you to say that profit isn't good enough for advertising to be put up? You are no body, arthur blank doesn't know you or care about you. Back to the concessions, if Blank gave a **** about you or what you thought, do you think we'd be paying what we do for a beer or a hamburger. Wake up live in reality. Who do you think buys up unsold tickets? Even if its .30 cents on the dollar? Na you don't care about things like that, you're a selfish self centered spoiled brat.

Please respond to this so that I can respond to you and raise your blood pressure a tad bit more.

Nobody is mad here. It's a messageboard. Your drivel is just being debunked and that leaves a few angles for you to play: 1) you're mad 2) you're stupid. You played both angles and still haven't backed up anything.

Other tell tale sign that you're losing an argument: overuse of emoticons.

Still waiting on those explanations. Maybe someone will step in on your behalf and try again.

No, nothing of mine has been debunked. Only people saying they don't like the advertisements. Ok some people don't like them. How is that debunking anything?

How about soomeone show me how its not a smart business move? Its not even possible to show that. Here's why. You don't like the advertisments and cry about it, are you going to stop going to the games? Nope. Is Blank still going to get paid from said advertisments that make you cry? Yep.

The only people that are stepping in are showing you how silly you look. Which you also never reply to because well you know you're just overreacting to three words and trying your best to save face. I'm glad though that you've grown up a bit in your messages and not having to say, that I cant spells something or wanting me to have sex with food. Way to grow up a bit. Old man.

1. To be honest, I don't know if it does make the ticket price go down. I do know that it makes Blanks wallet fatter.

Would have saved a lot of time if you had said that right from the start. However, I said this right from the start: Blank bought the team for $545M in 2002. It was worth $1.3B in 2010. All that without those precious McDollars coming in.

2. The ads are not and have never been a part of the actual game of football. **** I want them to get rid of the overpriced concessions and bring those prices down to a reasonable level. That is a real issue. Being mad over advertising on a pa announcement is only something "spoiled brats" complain about.

Overpriced concessions are a separate matter. This is what you're just not getting.

Advertising on the side of the dome is not the same as advertising during the game.

Overpriced concessions is not the same as giving a corporate moniker to the PA calls.

I said this from the start; you have to discriminate.

I know hyperbole is lost on you, but here's a perfect example.

Imagine the GoodYear blimp stopped flying around open aired stadiums advertising. Instead, it hovered near the middle of the field and became the scoreboard.

Flying around, someone can notice it or not, but they are probably not looking at it/paying attention to it when the game is being played. But if it's the scoreboard, that would be a great way to make money off advertising, but it would cheapen the game with marketing.

3. How is the seattle example not relevant? So " Mcdonalds First Down" wouldn't sound less stupid on the radio in your opinion?

That would be on the radio. Radios need sponsors to stay on the air. They don't sell tickets. (Why do I get this Sirius XM strawman feeling?)

And finally:

(Quote by you)

4. Who the **** are you to say that profit isn't good enough for advertising to be put up?

Please respond to this so that I can respond to you and raise your blood pressure a tad bit more.

(End Quote)

Can't go the "you mad" route if you're cussing and getting bent. As for the profit, we go all the way back to #1. In one decade, Arthur Blank will have doubled his investment. You really think that's because of McDonalds starting off this year adding their name to the First Down announcements on the PA System?

No.

You can't formulate your argument and that's the problem. Here's what you wanted to say:

If Arthur is getting paid for them to advertise, this would be a good thing if ticket sales went down.

That's what people can/could agree with. Your limited syntax and intellect portrays you as someone looking for that "cheddah" (term went out in the 90's).

You're not rich, yet you're defending the billionaires and the corporations. And you're defending them to people that are middle class at best.

This is why you fail, sucka.