I hate to say the E word but...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all these moves will bite them in butt. First of all, history shows that going crazy in free agency does not result in championships in the NFL. Also, considering that the pre-season has been significantly reduced due to lockout, the Eagles will have less time to gel as a unit since they have made too many changes this off-season.

Idk who handles the salary cap finances other there, but I bet when he got the phone call that he needs to make room for a pro bowl calibur WR, he at least threw the phone.

Is Steve Smith from the Giant's really a pro bowl caliber receiver? My guess is that this is more like insurance in case the Maclin situation pans out badly. Could be an indication his injury is worse than they are letting on. Anyway, from a non-objective outsiders perspective, the iggles have appeared to push all-in for this year or next to win a Super Bowl. The good news is that with their backs against the cap, they have very little room to address a very suspect o-line. The bad news, because they have a very suspect o-line expect to see a heavy dosage of dinky screens and QB scrambles, not something the Falcon's D has handled well in the past.

This team is going to be a complete mess.

They are bringing all different types of players from all different teams across the league for 1-year deals.

This is where we have the advantage over them. We have managed to secure the majority and core of our team whilst cutting the fat.

The Iggles can sign whoever they like, but it still rests on the shoulders of a flavor of the week QB.

This team is going to be a complete mess.

They are bringing all different types of players from all different teams across the league for 1-year deals.

This is where we have the advantage over them. We have managed to secure the majority and core of our team whilst cutting the fat.

The Iggles can sign whoever they like, but it still rests on the shoulders of a flavor of the week QB.

1st off like the new PIC...

But you are right they won't be able to mesh and I would be surprised if Vick lasts the whole season (Oline very bad), also thier D will leak rushing yards again... They will be explosive but not consistent.

Edited by kane#7
Guest mashburn

Wow. This is going crazy.

What is their salary cap, or are they going to be the first team to have a 15 man roster. Or the first team to have 15 well paid players, and the rest who worked at mcdonalds?

I can see how adding a couple of guys could improve your team. But I do not recall the signing of 5 plus FA, making a team super bowl caliper.

That team is going to be hard to click with. They have rookies, who barely got to train. Then a list of FA's who had one week to train with them. Vick needs months to figure out someones speed. defense won't have a clue what "zone 32" is, or who is covering who, or what the other player is doing.

I could see this possible if they would have had months sssss to train and look at plays.

Edited by mashburn