Obama is a precious metals best friend.

Paper money is valuable because our government says it has value. Gold has value because European monarchs hundreds of years ago said it had value. One currency is no less arbitrary than another.

I would say that gold has never had a more objective value as we find more and more industrial uses for it. Back in the days of those European monarchs, maybe only 1% of their subjects could afford to own gold in any form. Nowadays the effort required to acquire it is relatively trivial.

That's not to say that its common... only one out of every billion atoms in the solar system is a gold atom. But, its value is no longer the dictated at the whim of the oligarchs.

I would say that gold has never had a more objective value as we find more and more industrial uses for it. Back in the days of those European monarchs, maybe only 1% of their subjects could afford to own gold in any form. Nowadays the effort required to acquire it is relatively trivial.

That's not to say that its common... only one out of every billion atoms in the solar system is a gold atom. But, its value is no longer the dictated at the whim of the oligarchs.

Like anything else, its value goes up and down. When you have a bunch of loons all over talk radio and mainstream media saying that society is going to collapse and the only thing that will be worth anything is PRECIOUS GOLDS, then it's going to go up. It's like the early 1980's all over again. The price is going to go up, and then it's going to drop back down at the expense of the naive individuals who bought it all up thinking that it was going to save them after Obama collapsed the world under his "Mudslum Shoshalizms".

Edited by Radical 2.0

Like anything else, its value goes up and down. When you have a bunch of loons all over talk radio and mainstream media saying that society is going to collapse and the only thing that will be worth anything is PRECIOUS GOLDS, then it's going to go up. It's like the early 1980's all over again. The price is going to go up, and then it's going to drop back down at the expense of the naive individuals who bought it all up thinking that it was going to save them after Obama collapsed the world under his "Mudslum Shoshalizms".

Quite honestly, I really believe our economy is on life support unless we do something really, really original...

Quite honestly, I really believe our economy is on life support unless we do something really, really original...

There's a difference between a bad economy and an apocalyptic worldwide depression that ends society as we know it, where the world falls into chaos and the commies led by the Lizard King take over in order to take your bacon.

Edited by Radical 2.0

Its not hard to pick out individuals who didnt buy gold or silver.

So if the apocolypse hits and money is worthless and you have all your gold to sell to get by, what are people going to buy your gold with... worthless money? The people that sold you the gold aint really that dumb you know.

So if the apocolypse hits and money is worthless and you have all your gold to sell to get by, what are people going to buy your gold with... worthless money? The people that sold you the gold aint really that dumb you know.

I plan on selling a good chunk of mine before the next election because once a Republican takes office the business world is going to explode and precious metals will drop. As long as Obama is President my investment is safe.

I plan on selling a good chunk of mine before the next election because once a Republican takes office the business world is going to explode and precious metals will drop. As long as Obama is President my investment is safe.

so you're counting on the guys who helped get us into this mess to save you? :wacko:

But gold is just like anything else, including paper money. It's worth what people are willing to say it's worth.It goes up, it goes down. I'd still rather invest in cans of pork&beans because they will actually feed you.

so you're counting on the guys who helped get us into this mess to save you? :wacko:

But gold is just like anything else, including paper money. It's worth what people are willing to say it's worth.It goes up, it goes down. I'd still rather invest in cans of pork&beans because they will actually feed you.

The old saying in construction is "where there is confusion, there is money". The same is true in the precious metals world. In economic good times and prosperity as far as the eye can see no one hardly ever pays any attention to metals. Even the "know it alls" like Jim Kramer were anti-metal until about a year and a half ago. They all came to Jesus, all be it a little late.

It also helped the cause when China started buying gold like the world was coming to an end. Hey PP, why do you think China started buying so much gold? You think they were watching Beck over there too?

The old saying in construction is "where there is confusion, there is money". The same is true in the precious metals world. In economic good times and prosperity as far as the eye can see no one hardly ever pays any attention to metals. Even the "know it alls" like Jim Kramer were anti-metal until about a year and a half ago. They all came to Jesus, all be it a little late.

It also helped the cause when China started buying gold like the world was coming to an end. Hey PP, why do you think China started buying so much gold? You think they were watching Beck over there too?

Maybe they were. I can't understand a word he says so maybe he's been speaking Chinese all this time.

when the republicans get in office the businesses will explode and there will be economic prosperity as far as the eye can see? really?

Cute. You dont need a crystal ball to see that the Business world is no fan of Obama`s and are sitting on their stacks of cash until a Republican is elected. By the same token if Hillary defeated Obama in a challenge for the Democratic nomination and eventually won the general election the economy could heat up again as long as she didnt come off as anti-business.

Obama is damaged goods. Most in the business world have lost confidence in his ability to lead and now most in the general public feel the same way. He is a FAILURE and this country will not begin to turn it around until the moving van backs up to the White House.

How did Clinton have a surplus when the National Debt went UP 1.1 Trillion from the time he took office till the time he left? Those "surpluses" are nothing but fuzzy math.

dude, seriously most of us were alive and working during the Clinton years. Business was booming esp in the construction industry that I was in at the time. I made some serious money during his time in office. He probably aint 100% credit, but hey, he would have taken the blame if it was the other way.

But as for the surplus, check your facts

dude, seriously most of us were alive and working during the Clinton years. Business was booming esp in the construction industry that I was in at the time. I made some serious money during his time in office. He probably aint 100% credit, but hey, he would have taken the blame if it was the other way.

But as for the surplus, check your facts

My gripe comes from this supposed "surplus" that those on the left continue to spin. If the government is projected to grow by 500 billion next year and it only grows by 400 billion, then somehow that becomes a 100 billion dollar surplus. Its bogus and does not square with the true definition of a surplus.

I read your link, here is mine.My link

My gripe comes from this supposed "surplus" that those on the left continue to spin. If the government is projected to grow by 500 billion next year and it only grows by 400 billion, then somehow that becomes a 100 billion dollar surplus. Its bogus and does not square with the true definition of a surplus.

I read your link, here is mine.My link

sorry I could not read your conservative blog through the huge pop up window that said

AFTER AMERICA..THE COMING ARMAGEDDON!