I know, I know, it's another DLed sucks thread. I am starting to get sick of this guy more than usual. I gave him a pass because he's a nice guy, but IDGAF anymore. He has one job, and he sucks at it. He is a very unreliable source for Falcons information, he has God awful verbal skills and his writing style leaves a lot to be desired. Not to mention that he has no keen insight nor does he do a good job of keeping the fans updated. His practice reports consist of "So and so isn't practicing today." He didn't report a damm thing from Friday Night Lights, except some makeshift depth chart he posted that morning. Whoever hired him is just as incompetent as he is and he rivals Cynthia Tucker for the worst writer on the AJC.

Edited by DaMeatTrough

I can't stand the way he tries to stir up the pot with the cheap tactic often used with a controversial title then the facts are regurgitated nothing to see here non news but I wouldn't imply the guy is an idiot I believe if I remember correctly he graduated from law school, went back and forth between journalism and practicing law and chose journalism eventually. I don't think his writing is atrocious but most attorneys have a strong command of the english language.

I know, I know, it's another DLed sucks thread. I am starting to get sick of this guy more than usual. I gave him a pass because he's a nice guy, but IDGAF anymore. He has one job, and he sucks at it. He is a very unreliable source for Falcons information, he has God awful verbal skills and his writing style leaves a lot to be desired. Not to mention that he has no keen insight nor does he do a good job of keeping the fans updated. His practice reports consist of "So and so isn't practicing today." He didn't report a damm thing from Friday Night Lights, except some makeshift depth chart he posted that morning. Whoever hired him is just as incompetent as he is and he rivals Cynthia Tucker for the worst writer on the AJC.

What he tried to do to Brent Grimes is unacceptable. I love Brent Grimes. I want this fool fired!. Orlando Ledbetter is useless. Brent Grimes means more to this organization and fan base than Ledbetter ever could. Brent Grimes' story is something people can tell their kids about, whether their kids play football or not.

Do you have any idea how many people told him he did not have a chance?

This young man stood up against all odds and won.

Then, when he came to a cross roads with his contract, a threshold moment for him and his family, which we all know can be very stressful...

He kept his mouth shut the whole time.

Not good enough for this chump at the ajc!

Well, he picked the wrong one to mess with. Grimes might not be a superstar, but he is an "every man"...

Always counted out... Always the first one the bosses are trying to replace... Wife running the show...

I bet the majority of ajc readers can identify with Grimes. And this is the one Ledbetter wants to start something with?

Guess again!

Believe me... Every time my woman gets on me about the trash, my sentiment for Ledbetter certainly does not get any better...

I want that chump fired!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Daddy's Home

let me tell you guys you are dead wrong

Ledbetter is the best beat writer we have had in a long time

the one thing that really annoys me about local coverage is when the reporter does not let us know what is really going on - remember Quitrino? after he left all these reports came out about how bad he treated players, but we as fans did not know until he quit becuase the AJC was afraid to report it

Ledbetter reports what he knows - you can debate whether he is a pulitzer prize winner and I will fight with you about that - but folks, he reports the NEWS - the Grimes thing is a perfect example - I WANT to know if one of our players is holding out - Ledbetter reported that other Falcons RFA had signed their tender and were attending practices even if they could not actually practice - the fact Grimes was not there is not only news, but in other citys would have been big news - Ledbetter just reported it

people who criticize Ledbetter are crazy - I dont want he AJC to be a propganda report from the Falcons - I want it telll me things I cannot otherwise know - Ledbetter doees that

the one thing that really annoys me about local coverage is when the reporter does not let us know what is really going on - remember Quitrino? after he left all these reports came out about how bad he treated players, but we as fans did not know until he quit becuase the AJC was afraid to report it

Ledbetter reports what he knows - you can debate whether he is a pulitzer prize winner and I will fight with you about that - but folks, he reports the NEWS - the Grimes thing is a perfect example - I WANT to know if one of our players is holding out - Ledbetter reported that other Falcons RFA had signed their tender and were attending practices even if they could not actually practice - the fact Grimes was not there is not only news, but in other citys would have been big news - Ledbetter just reported it

people who criticize Ledbetter are crazy - I dont want he AJC to be a propganda report from the Falcons - I want it telll me things I cannot otherwise know - Ledbetter doees that

Huh?

That ridiculous Grimes story did not tell us anything that we did not already know.

The only thing about it that drew attention was the filthy headline. Something along the line of, "Grimes turns his nose up at $2.6"... and that's when he11 broke lose.

I always wondered which poster here was Ledbetter. Now I know.

Dled tells us what he knows, what he thinks he knows, and what he has no clue about, often all under the tag of reporting news. The issue I have is two fold. One he is often wrong, case in point Devine. Two, is a combination of style, the way he writes and talks.

I could forgive bad style if he was always right, and had good knowledge. I could forgive being wrong some if what he presented was above average in presentation. Sadly he often fails in both areas and is basically a scrub, sort of like DE J Anderson he is a legend in his own mind, but his output stinks.