Wanna be near the Falcons

Thanks guys! we are lookin at Duluth and Gainesville as possible moves! If not he will won't to be close to his family in Statesboro Ga.

Yikes, Statesboro would IMO not be a great place to live and is 4hrs from Atlanta. I went to school there 20 years ago and there is nothing there. I had some amazing times there, but that was because I was a crazy young college student. I wouldn't want to live there forever, but that's just me. Savannah is an hour away so that's a good thing.

A few years ago I was coming back to Athens from Savannah and drove through there just to check it out. We were looking to eat lunch and my girlfriend said what was you and your friends favorite place to eat when you were here. I couldn't really think of one, except chinese take out or a certain soul food restaurant that had closed. We drove around looking and ended up eating at Captain D's, which is not something I do often. I'm sure their were better places somewhere 20 years after I was there, but we gave up and just went to Captain D's.

Yikes, Statesboro would IMO not be a great place to live and is 4hrs from Atlanta. I went to school there 20 years ago and there is nothing there. I had some amazing times there, but that was because I was a crazy young college student. I wouldn't want to live there forever, but that's just me. Savannah is an hour away so that's a good thing.

A few years ago I was coming back to Athens from Savannah and drove through there just to check it out. We were looking to eat lunch and my girlfriend said what was you and your friends favorite place to eat when you were here. I couldn't really think of one, except chinese take out or a certain soul food restaurant that had closed. We drove around looking and ended up eating at Captain D's, which is not something I do often. I'm sure their were better places somewhere 20 years after I was there, but we gave up and just went to Captain D's.

Oh, I wasn't saying it's a great place for them to move to!!! I personally like living on the outskirts of Atlanta so that I am away from most of the traffic and can take backroads around if I need to. Most of the areas in North Atlanta can get pretty hectic at any time of day. Driving down I-20 is normally pretty smooth if you can find something along there.

nice story :) its for family convenience though.

It has come a loooooooooooooooooooooong way since then. They even have a Panera bread there now! Still you are limited to only shopping at Walmart, but it has grown at an extremely fast rate in the last 7 years or so.

nice story :) its for family convenience though.

Depending on what you are wanting to live near (or what you define as near) you could look at living around Macon. That is about 2 hours from Statesboro and about an hour from downtown Atlanta. It is for some people, but not for me!

It has come a loooooooooooooooooooooong way since then. They even have a Panera bread there now! Still you are limited to only shopping at Walmart, but it has grown at an extremely fast rate in the last 7 years or so.

I seem to recall hearing that the mall area has grown a lot since I was there 20 years ago. We didn't go over there since we were in a bit of a hurry.

Edited by JRid

I live right by the Mall of GA in Lawrenceville. Basically it is right where 85 splits into 985 but also between 85 and 316. On Sunday mornings I can get to the Dome in 30mins as long as I go early. I can get to training camp in about 15min. If you mean you want to live in the same neighborhood as the Falcons then it's Sugarloaf Country Club in Duluth, Hamilton Mill exit up 85, or Chateau Elan area. Some also live downtown. They either go to Lenox or the Mall of GA but I'm not really the stalker type to go follow them around.

What about Cartersville? It's a little small country town and all you have to do is hop on I-75 south and you go straight to the Ga dome. When i used to live in chattanooga which is 2 hours from atlanta once i got to cartersville i knew i was getting close. I think it may be an hour from atlanta, but if your not country i wouldnt reccomend cartersville. Chattanooga is 2 hours away and a beautiful city. Just depends on exactly how close you want to be.

What about Cartersville? It's a little small country town and all you have to do is hop on I-75 south and you go straight to the Ga dome. When i used to live in chattanooga which is 2 hours from atlanta once i got to cartersville i knew i was getting close. I think it may be an hour from atlanta, but if your not country i wouldnt reccomend cartersville. Chattanooga is 2 hours away and a beautiful city. Just depends on exactly how close you want to be.

I wouldn't recommend Cartersville. The best decision I ever made was getting out of there. :)