Post your honest opinions guys.

Durrty

IMO, we're lacking at the nickelback position.

I haven't heard too many comments concerning Franks or Owens from training camp. Look, I like both of those guys - pause - but to put our defense over the top, we need someone with more experience and skill. We can continue to groom those guys to replace whomever we sign, if we do sign someone, but I just don't think the FO should place all our cards on Franks and Owens. If they pan out, good, I'll eat crow, but I hate for us to suffer the same fate in the postseason because we didn't plug holes in our defense that needed attention. We don't have to go after Asante (although that'd be awesome as ****) but I honestly believe we do need someone.

Are you any of you comfortable with just letting Franks and Owens battle it out???

Or would you rather we bring someone in not so wet behind the ears???

Comment.

I believe that Franks will contribute in a big way this year. He got by on mostly talent at Oklahoma, but still really impressed. I think with another camp under his belt and some time to mature he can become a major NFL player.

And I've given Owens my fair share of ire over his "performances" over the last year, but I don't think that he's anywhere close too as bad as we've made him out to be.

The hard thing is we just have to see how it plays out in the pre-season. I can't wait for the games.

I honestly believe we're lacking at the OLB spot, depth at safety and nickel back (in the opposite order of what I posted).

I think we might be okay. Depending on how well Dent moves. We have Peterson, Adkins, Wire, and Dent. I would rather find a CB.

Agreed, CB is the place where thers is still work to be done by TD.

Maybe he will bring in someone late like he did Williams and Foxworth.

I honestly believe we're lacking at the OLB spot, depth at safety and nickel back (in the opposite order of what I posted).

I agree, but with the first two (or the last two -- lol) that's mainly depth.

We need a bonified starter at nickelback.

Preseason can show you, but it won't really tell the tale. There are other players that need to be evaluated also, so either way, it's a gamble. I don't know...maybe I'm overreacting, but I want this team to go deep into the playoffs this year. It's time we get over the hump. This team is primed and ready to go now.

I honestly think the play calling will be vanilla just like the past 3 years

Our receiving core :If Roddy goes dow we are screwed....JJ HD Meire-All unproven

We need a BIG Cullen Jenkins type DT

We will still see turner slamming up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs for....a 1 yard gain ...loss of 1 and a long pass on 3rd down :(

we need to switch to WCO and let ryan hit what he cam get short passes. run no huddle, sugar huddle and get em.

defense hasnt improved much, to which most saw how bad they were against top tier offenses.

looks alot like last year tougher schedule,a nd probably fighting for 2nd with bucs in our division. saints seem to be the favs for nfcs.

gonna be a tough year

I'm still concerned about the pass defense. The passrush will be better with Ray Edwards but Abe could fall off a bit.

I was very unimpressed(to say the least) last year with Dunta Robinson. Dunta was an upgrade but he was not as good as advertised and frequently got beat when tested.

I would like to see a little more aggressive man-to-man defense - its very hard for corners to cover effectively lined up soft and 10yds off the line of scrimmage - which is what BVG has been doing.

I honestly think the play calling will be vanilla just like the past 3 years

Our receiving core :If Roddy goes dow we are screwed....JJ HD Meire-All unproven

We need a BIG Cullen Jenkins type DT

We will still see turner slamming up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs for....a 1 yard gain ...loss of 1 and a long pass on 3rd down :(

That vanilla playcalling got us a 13-3 season...yeah, its not sexy like the packers or saints offense throwing the ball around everywhere, but what we have works...oh yeah and michael turner had almost 1400 yards last year so I don't see too many 1 yard or -1 yard carries in his attempts...that is the style of football we play and its called smashmouth...teams admitted they didn't like playing us bc we literally beat them up!!

That vanilla playcalling got us a 13-3 season...yeah, its not sexy like the packers or saints offense throwing the ball around everywhere, but what we have works...oh yeah and michael turner had almost 1400 yards last year so I don't see too many 1 yard or -1 yard carries in his attempts...that is the style of football we play and its called smashmouth...teams admitted they didn't like playing us bc we literally beat them up!!

career low ypc for burner.

I don't really see the need for another big interior linemen. The Falcons have a good mix that the coaching staff is high on. And I don't remember seeing those guys pushed around much last year. They did finish #10 in run defense, and I expect them to be better this year.

And I hope the playcalling stays the same. A tough, physical running team will always have a chance to win, against anyone. I'd like to see them grinding it out like '08 where they were rolling around 152 yards a game. What I expect to be better is the plays downfield. It's not that more needs to be called, they need to be executed better when they are called, and with three viable weapons to open up the field, there's no reason it won't be.

I think they'll be fine at nickel. This is where you trust your development and let guys compete and step up.

What dam games are you watching sir there were plenty of times turner just ran straight into the line for 2 yards , 3 yards -1 ...Its very evident the Turner doesnt hit the wholes with a purpose all the time -Notice the difference when Snelling was in the game. Im not complaining about our style of play i actually enjoy our style of play. I never said i wanted us to sling the ball everywhere like the Pack or the saints, But we have to get more production down the feild..........Dink and Dunk

O and by the way nobody gives a shyt about the record if you dont win in the playoffs ask brady what 14-2 means with no ring

Join the new regime buddy Mckay is gone we dont except mediocrity anymore ....13-3 Big dam deal

smashmouth, my favorite.... altho big plays look nice what can they really do when we have the ball the whole game? the only thing i saw problems with is like against philly, when teams score fast we have trouble doing the same but JJ should solve that, hopefully that is.

Man I swear i've read the same kinds of post i just posted numerous times... maybe all the MBing is rubbing off on me lol

smh

My opinion, honestly? This is another preseason and all of our gloom and doom fans are out in full force. Like every offseason. My opinion is that during the preseason games, our cynical fans will reinforce how doomed we are, absolutely sure that the preseason training camp and preseason games are absolute indications of a horrible season.

Other than that, I think we'll be fine. I think there will be a couple more signings before preseason and maybe even a move or two afterwards and when the season starts, we will be fine.

O and by the way nobody gives a shyt about the record if you dont win in the playoffs ask brady what 14-2 means with no ring

Join the new regime buddy Mckay is gone we dont except mediocrity anymore ....13-3 Big dam deal

O and by the way nobody gives a sh about winning in the playoffs if you don't win the Super Bowl. Ask Brady what 17-1 means with no ring.

Of course, getting 3-10 won't even give you a shot.

The title of the post says "post your honest opinion" Just say'n........ Gloom and Doom :lol: Not at all just a realist-We need more production down the feild period. Turner is a work horse type back but the guy is slow outta the gates sometimes hopefully quiz can help us with that. As far as Tom Brady and the 17-1 season that was my point exactly,no body cares unless you produce in the playoffs and hoist the Lumabrdi. I see us at 12-4 this yr with a tougher schedule.

Edited by I.MUS WRITE