Matt Ryan taking over the Falcons Offense

falcon22

I agree with this article by Pat Yasinskas in regards to is time to let Matt Ryan take more control of the offense and open up the playbook. The rollout plays need to go, it is interesting that he mentions that Ryan does not even like those plays:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/23175/falcons-need-to-let-ryan-be-explosive

I agree too. This is a great article by Pat

I agree with this article by Pat Yasinskas in regards to is time to let Matt Ryan take more control of the offense and open up the playbook. The rollout plays need to go, it is interesting that he mentions that Ryan does not even like those plays:

http://espn.go.com/b...an-be-explosive

Unless our line has drastically changed, we can't do away with the roll out plays. They are a part of the pass protection scheme which helps make up for the weakness in our OL against good defenses.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/23175/falcons-need-to-let-ryan-be-explosive

He rolls out cause the line can't pass protect.

Edited by Ga_spider

Unless our line has drastically changed, we can't do away with the roll out plays. They are a part of the pass protection scheme which helps make up for the weakness in our OL against good defenses.

Tandy I disagree. Yes you did all of that research and pulled all of those stats showing how much time Ryan had but you don't bring up the fact that we were the most blitzed team in the league last year. This was because we also saw the 8 man front just as much as the Panthers almost. What do you expect Ryan to do when the line is constantly trying to block 5-6 men instead of 4.

Yes individually they aren't great, but as a unit they are really good. Watching the second Saints game, they saw 5+ man rushes majority of the game but when they only rushed 4, Ryan had all day. This was mostly on 3 WR sets because it spread the defense out. Now that we have Julio, teams won't put 8 in the box because Julio can get downfield. Less men in the box means less blitz opportunities. Jenkins was a threat to nobody so they basically forced us to try and run the offense through him and we couldn't. We can run the offense through Julio if we have to.

They can block 4 man fronts. Just ask Peyton. His line had no 1st rounders on it yet he has all day because teams don't dare to put 8 in the box against him.

Sorry folks. Matt Ryan is not going to be expolosive and take over this offense as long as that albatros is hanging around his neck, aka Mike Mularky. FOR GOODNESS SAKE THROW SOME SCREEN PASSES MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm expecting the screen pass to be a decent part of this years offense. Rogers looks like a beast, can easily hide by lineman off of a screen and go for massive yac.

I'm all for firing Mularkey all together, at the very least let him wear the headset without it being attached to anything on Sunday's. The guy goofs up some very easy stuff, and if our players weren't so good at executing and making something out of nothing, we'd have been a poor team last year, instead our players are not only overcoming the defense, they are overcoming the offensive coordinator.

Here's to Quizz, Ryan, Jones, Gonzo, White, and HD83 tearing up the no huddle this season and making people lose sleep weeks in advance trying to figure out any way to even possibly dent this Atlanta offense.

Sorry folks. Matt Ryan is not going to be expolosive and take over this offense as long as that albatros is hanging around his neck, aka Mike Mularky. FOR GOODNESS SAKE THROW SOME SCREEN PASSES MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for a variation of the bootleg play to Roddy to run this year. Ryan bootlegs looking for ryan, but then throws it to a screen pass on the opposite side. I'm sure everybody would bite because that's a play we frequently run. The screen on the backside could go a long way.