Why we get Osi

Osi is going to want a ton of money and I think it would be great if we got him but I don't even think we have the cap room he's going to want 40-50 mil and some where around 20 mil guaranteed thats a big chunk of change but well worth it I really want us to get him but I just don't see it happening plus we need a CB or a LB or a 4th/5th WR

Well the 40-50 mill doesn't come out of the cap all in one year.

But with that said, we don't have the picks or money to get him.

We actually have both. No one will consider giving up a 1st for an aging DE coming off an injury and the Giants surely know this. They will eventually take a 2nd or 3rd. As proven time and time again, teams can get creative with the salary cap, so that wouldn't be an obstacle if we really wanted Osi.

Having said all that, I don't see it happening.

Osi would be too expensive and too controversial to have on the team, especially with Ray Edwards just signing on and Abe still in his prime.

Anyway, he's just pissed Charles Johnson robbed the Panthers out of all of that cash for one good year while he's basically outplayed his current contract with the Giants.

Osi is going to want a ton of money and I think it would be great if we got him but I don't even think we have the cap room he's going to want 40-50 mil and some where around 20 mil guaranteed thats a big chunk of change but well worth it I really want us to get him but I just don't see it happening plus we need a CB or a LB or a 4th/5th WR

If we were going to get Osi, then we would have needed to do a sign and trade with Jenkins and Snelling to package and trade for Osi, or at least something along those lines. I don't think that TD would think that is a wise move. Osi, has a health issue, and may be seen as having a bad attitude with FO people. Osi has been a beast in the past, but I'm eager to see what Edwards is going to do.

If we were going to get Osi, then we would have needed to do a sign and trade with Jenkins and Snelling to package and trade for Osi, or at least something along those lines. I don't think that TD would think that is a wise move. Osi, has a health issue, and may be seen as having a bad attitude with FO people. Osi has been a beast in the past, but I'm eager to see what Edwards is going to do.

Jenkins is a Viking. I dont think they would be to fond of us trying to sign and trade their players :lol:

Osi would be too expensive and too controversial to have on the team, especially with Ray Edwards just signing on and Abe still in his prime.

Anyway, he's just pissed Charles Johnson robbed the Panthers out of all of that cash for one good year while he's basically outplayed his current contract with the Giants.

Agreed. I like the idea for the future, after Abe retires, but until then, you have either Osi or Ray probably not happy with the amount of snaps they are getting. Dont like the sound of that.

Answer me this simple question...

Where would he play? Abe is a starter....Edwards is a starter...

We rotate all of our DLine. He owuld get plenty of playing time. We arent going to sign him so it doesnt matter but being the "starter" means very little on our team as far as the Dline goes.

Imo we go after him for the fact that Abe is in the last year of his contract. You have to pay big time money for big time DE's.

Maybe they are higher on Sid than we know, maybe they expect the future to be Sid at RDE and Ray at LDE but if its not I cant see how we would pass up on Osi when we dont have picks to trade up for a DE in the draft if we wanted to.

Either Sid will be the guy, we try to get a DE in FA next off season, or we trade for Osi and easily have the of the best DE's going at it for one full year.

Imo we go after him for the fact that Abe is in the last year of his contract. You have to pay big time money for big time DE's.

Maybe they are higher on Sid than we know, maybe they expect the future to be Sid at RDE and Ray at LDE but if its not I cant see how we would pass up on Osi when we dont have picks to trade up for a DE in the draft if we wanted to.

Either Sid will be the guy, we try to get a DE in FA next off season, or we trade for Osi and easily have the of the best DE's going at it for one full year.

I say pass on Osi this year and go after the likes of Mario Williams next year after he has a terrible season this year in the 3-4

we are not getting Osi.....time for reality to set in. Falcons are not playing fantasy football even if Philly Eagles are.

I understand some of you feel that it's not possible, and to an extent I dont think it is either, but come on g-dawg, after what TD did during the draft I dont think its a good move to assume anything with TD.

We rotate all of our DLine. He owuld get plenty of playing time. We arent going to sign him so it doesnt matter but being the "starter" means very little on our team as far as the Dline goes.

IF we had the first round pick to give up, do you honestly think that TD and Co. would give up a first round pick for a rotational guy?

Me thinks not.