Saints: Mark Ingram's post-practice interview today

realheavyd

Actually, even with Drew playing on one knee and Ladell Betts being the running back who took the most snaps last season, the Saints scored 672 points, the exact amount of the Falcons, who were healthy. The kicker is though, the Falcons offense played one more half than the Saints offense to get those 672 points.

:lol:

Our offense scored more, our defense allowed less, and your excuse is fluke? :lol:

There is a reas the saints were in 2nd place at 11-5...it's ca;;ed a better team won the division at 13-3! :DB)

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Actually, our offenses scored the same amount of points. And I'd like to see the defensive ppg ranking if you remove defensive and special teams scores. All that is added. Your defense was second in scoring. So they would really drop if it wasn't added. Not to mention we had no special teams TD's, if I remember, and you did. This might be why the league go's by ypg more than ppg.

I agree that there is are reasons we were in 2nd place. One of those was a missed chipshot fieldgoal. Those reason will not happen in 2011.

Actually, even with Drew playing on one knee and Ladell Betts being the running back who took the most snaps last season, the Saints scored 672 points, the exact amount of the Falcons, who were healthy. The kicker is though, the Falcons offense played one more half than the Saints offense to get those 672 points.

So this is the truth! Didn't think what Kane#7 posted sounded right. More like Con#7.

Edited by Aquietguy

A stat that can be very misleading. Kind of like how our offense clearly wasn't it's self pretty much all last season. Including all the fluke int's by Brees. Your offense didn't play bad and had a lot go your way. Yet you only out scored us by 30 points. Any stat can be misleading, but there must be a reason the NFL goes by yards.

All I read was excuse, excuse, you're lucky, excuse, complain, you're lucky, excuse.

All I read was excuse, excuse, you're lucky, excuse, complain, you're lucky, excuse.

and facts.

You really think you would have outscored the Saints with a healthy Drew and healthy RB's? :lol:

Falcons starters missed a combined 15 games last season, Saints 35.

and facts.

You really think you would have outscored the Saints with a healthy Drew and healthy RB's? :lol:

Falcons starters missed a combined 15 games last season, Saints 35.

Do you really think you can out score the falcons if ryan was part machine, roddy could see the future, and turner lost twenty pounds?

I know I hate it when Falcon Fans have to go to obscure stats to try and show that thier offense is better.

Like that stupid stat of points scored.

2010 season

5 Atlanta Falcons 414

11 New Orleans Saints 384

We need to learn that it isn't the offenses job to score points what a meaningless stat....

Under the Matt Ryan era, the Saints have outscored the Falcons by 189 points... or 3.94 points per game. The Saints have also outgained the Falcons by 2,309 yards over that span... or 48.1 yards per game. The majority of both offenses are still intact.

Julio Jones won't bring any more firepower to the Falcons than what Mark Ingram will bring to the Saints. So you're just fooling yourself if you truly believe that Atlanta has a better offense. The reality is, the Saints have the offense that Atlanta wants. This is why they traded away so much to try to get a better passing game.

I remember during the 2009 season it was agreed that you don't use injuries as an excuse in RC.

I also remember after you won the Lombardi, it was agreed that luck cannot be used as an excuse in RC.

You Saints fans love to change the rules.

Who said anything about injuries or luck? I said that were a missed chipshot field goal away from sweeping the falcons for two years in a row. Correct me if I'm but wasn't the missed field goal a fact? Fact is that our offense was clearly not it's self. Yet we still went 11-5. Can you say that our offense will play the same? They won't. And add to that a much improved defense. That's all I'm saying.

Who said anything about injuries or luck?

Injuries & Luck: Actually, even with Drew playing on one knee and Ladell Betts being the running back who took the most snaps last season, the Saints scored 672 points, the exact amount of the Falcons, who were healthy.

A stat that can be very misleading. Kind of like how our offense clearly wasn't it's self pretty much all last season. Including all the fluke int's by Brees. Your offense didn't play bad and had a lot go your way. Yet you only out scored us by 30 points. Any stat can be misleading, but there must be a reason the NFL goes by yards.

I'm sure you can see it now, right?