Eric Allen just gave the Falcon's offseason a D

peoriabird

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha what a joke. I would give us and the Saints A's and the Bucs A-/B+ just because they lost Ruud and are taking a chance with Bowers. I would give the Panthers a B because it depends on Cam but they got the pieces and added to safety blankets in Olsen and Shockey.

Our only holes were WR and DE. We filled WR with a sure shot #1 WR and we got one of the best pure LEs in the game. Not to mention we brought our Pro Bowl RT back. All of this for the price of 1 Charles Johnson. If we don't get an A then he has no clue what he is talking about.

I think TD wants to wait on adding a nickel after seeing what Owens and Franks look like in TC and/or the first preseason game. I mean seriously, everybody gave the Redskins an A for getting Haynesworth.

He gave the Bucs a "D" also

How do you explain the 'A' that the Saints received? They didn't get any top guys

I think I've figured it out. When I was a kid during the Cold War we had this old saw that the Soviet grading system was the opposite of the US' (hence an 'F' was for 'Fantastic' a 'D' was for 'Decent' and so on). Maybe Eric is using a variation of this system? For instance:

F is for Farve -- a Favre grade is given to the team that picks up a grizzled veteran free agent in the desperate hope that he still has something in the tank. For example, "I give the Titans an F for acquiring Matt Hasselbeck."

D is for Dimitroff -- a Dimitroff grade is given for the team who's GM (or equivalent) manages to acquire quality talent for less than perceived value. For example, "I give the Eagles a D, how in the world is Nnamdi Asomugha being paid less than Charles Johnson?"

C is for Child Please -- a Child Please grade is given to the team that thinks Chad Ochocinco still has something to offer besides his mouth. For example, "I give the Patriots a C because Bill Belichick is just crazy enough to somehow make Chad Ochocinco care more about football than reality TV. Child please!"

B is for Buccaneers -- a Buccaneers grade is given to the team that has had to go ape-crazy getting to the salary cap bottom by doing things like signing punters to massive contracts. For example, "I give the Bucs a B because they paid Davin Joseph how much? $53 million? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

A is for Aww I Forgot -- An Aww I Forgot grade is given to the team that hasn't really done anything all that special in free agency, but the sports casters worship the very ground they walk on. For example, "Awww I Forgot, the Cowboys haven't had much to do in Free Agency, getting jobbed by the Eagles on Nnamdi and all that, but I get fired if I don't mention them at least 18 times a segment so let me throw a few more in there: Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys! Whew."

Not sure how we got a D grade from anybody. We still have a chance to lock up Blalock and then in that case we got our probowl LT back, resigned 2/3 of our OL and went and got major help at our weakest link(Pass Rush).

Could we have gotten a younger rising OLB? Sure.

Is he gonna be better than Nicholas or Weatherspoon potentially? Push.

Could we have broken the bank for Asomugha or gotten another CB? Possibly

What our Probowl Replacement Grimes and Dunta having a year under his belt in our system?

Overall we are building this team the proper way, through the draft and then supplement through FA.

We have a great young core and they will only get better! Dont read so much into our ratings and rankings.

If anything Im looking at our schedule as being the biggest obstacle but I still see 10 wins and the playoffs.

Didn't even mention Edwards or Clabo.

Well, ESPN is about entertainment and sometimes those guys are actually told what to say (doesn't sound like the case here though) but a D? I'd just like to hear the rationale behind it. Maybe it was taped before we signed Edwards?

they are so far below the salary cap floor they have to waste some money

think brewsters millions kinda signings

I realize that but you'd think they would have brought in some guys like Sidney Rice, Gaither, Asomugha etc who actually know how to play.

Ok so with $8MM, do you bring Blalock back, Snelling back, another Free Agent, or a combo?

I want us to bring back both Snelling and Blalock and the way TD has been getting away with highway robbery lately, I think he can. But we still need more nickel depth. So I still see some more cuts coming depending on who comes available from other teams.

So Even Though I knew that 98% of Saint's fans were idiots, I was over at their message Board seeing what nonsense they were spouting off so earley in the a.m. today. And I see A thread About Harvey Dahl and It Just backs up all the negative stereotypes this fan base recieves.

They all think we just lost our best offensive linemen and they are litterly giggling about it like some asian kids that just got a new anime video.

Even when one of their own reports that they have been over here and see that nobody here is too much worried about it.

they giggle like idiots...... these can't be real people.

The talking heads are of the mentality that the more you pay for a player must mean they are certainly the better player...NOT!

But then, that's why he's a talking head and not a coach or scout....

TD signs proven players at "fair" deals. The deals are incentive laden and the player can actually make more money with the Falcons if they perform as their talents indicate. These fools on TV have only one focus. How much up front money is spent. Look at it this way; the Saints and Panthers are tied up financially for many years now with players from other systems and who have had 1 or 2 years of decent performance. One injury and who is there to back them up? Hmmm?

So Even Though I knew that 98% of Saint's fans were idiots, I was over at their message Board seeing what nonsense they were spouting off so earley in the a.m. today. And I see A thread About Harvey Dahl and It Just backs up all the negative stereotypes this fan base recieves.

They all think we just lost our best offensive linemen and they are litterly giggling about it like some asian kids that just got a new anime video.

Even when one of their own reports that they have been over here and see that nobody here is too much worried about it.

they giggle like idiots...... these can't be real people.

Just remember in Saintsland: they won the NFC South last year, they totally didn't get beaten by the Seahawks, their big trade for Mark Ingram was better than ours for Julio Jones, their Defense is the best in the NFL, they still have all their teeth, Drew Brees does NOT wear ladies underwear, Sean Payton didn't really kill John Lennon, and women are totally turned on by foul-breathed morons yelling "Who Dat" over and over.

Just remember in Saintsland: they won the NFC South last year, they totally didn't get beaten by the Seahawks, their big trade for Mark Ingram was better than ours for Julio Jones, their Defense is the best in the NFL, they still have all their teeth, Drew Brees does NOT wear ladies underwear, Sean Payton didn't really kill John Lennon, and women are totally turned on by foul-breathed morons yelling "Who Dat" over and over.

I'm telling you guys, Carologic has spread down south.

Eric Allen can lick the back of'em. This is funny b/c I was talking to my buddy last night about how ATL doesn't get any love. He is a Carolina fan and almost certainly agreed with me. All Carolina did was sign two T/Es and re-sign their important FA and they get an 'A'? The Saints get an 'A' for saving money from a RB contract? Yeah right bro. I would love to come out swinging this year. I think that ppl may be surprised.

So, wait... he gave the Panthers an A for signing the same players they had last season when they went 2-14 to bloated contract yet gave the Falcons a D for filling the one huge hole they have and says both our corners are unsigned, even though Robinson signed that long term contract last season and Grimes is signing his tender later today? Where does ESPN find these people?