Zach Miller would be the icing on the cake!

Aria7

Blalock -> NB -> Snelling -> Coverage LB -> TE

Miller would be very low on my priorty.

Grimes -> Miller -> Coverage LB-> Snelling

Lets be honest here, this is going to be Gonzo's last year. Getting a great young TE will allow for an extremely smooth transition when Gonzo retires next year. Why waste a pick next year when we can address this need this year.

Lets be honest here, this is going to be Gonzo's last year. Getting a great young TE will allow for an extremely smooth transition when Gonzo retires next year. Why waste a pick next year when we can address this need this year.

If we have the cap space I agree 100%. Also, Grimes should be one of the last priorities. He is a RFA, so we have all season to work out long term deals for he and Weems. We are good at LB, but we without a doubt need another CB. Snelling would be nice, but can be replaced pretty easily.

Problem I see is that Miller is an above average NFL starter. Is he coming in here to sit behind TG for a year? IMO, if I'm Miller, I don't do that.

If we're planning on using the 2 TE set often again so that both TG & Miller get their PT, then why the **** did we trade all those picks to get JJ?

I'd love to sign Miller, would be great for us in the future, but I don't see it working this year. Timing is off on this one.

Problem I see is that Miller is an above average NFL starter. Is he coming in here to sit behind TG for a year? IMO, if I'm Miller, I don't do that.

If we're planning on using the 2 TE set often again so that both TG & Miller get their PT, then why the **** did we trade all those picks to get JJ?

I'd love to sign Miller, would be great for us in the future, but I don't see it working this year. Timing is off on this one.

Also there hasn't been a word on Miller since the beginning of FA. He must have a verbal agreement with Oakland.

No way, Zach Miller is money, he'll be a top 3 tight end in the next couple years for sure.

Miller doesn't need to sit behind anyone. First off the Falcons run many double TE formations. Second, you want as many great receiving options as possible. Third, this will be Gonzo's last year; If you get Miller you won't have to waste a pick on a unproven rookie TE.

Miller HAS proven himself since he came to the league with a bunch of scrubs throwing to him. If you have double te sets you can still have 2 WRs on the field. No reason to not have the best team available. Plus you never know if someone will get injured. It's not like Miller is going to demand Aso money or even Edward's money.

Edited by Aria7

I doubt Miller would want to come here and have TG in front of him. It would be nice to have TG's replacement on the roster already, but this isn't Madden. I think we will look to replace TG next year. Maybe we think Michael Palmer will continue to improve, but I would love to go after Orson Charles next year in the draft.

I doubt Miller would want to come here and have TG in front of him. It would be nice to have TG's replacement on the roster already, but this isn't Madden. I think we will look to replace TG next year. Maybe we think Michael Palmer will continue to improve, but I would love to go after Orson Charles next year in the draft.

I guess you didn't read the part where the Falcons run many double TE formations.

Not going to happen with TG on the roster. Free agency never cease to amaze me it seems like people lose touch with reality. I agree totally with what Robb said

As much as I like the guy and have been talking about him for months I have to agree here. Really, we shouldn't even look any further than Palmer and Winterwyk at this point...