Jenkins and JA98 released!

Who is us?

saints-logo-fleur-de-lis-730028.jpg?w=640

TD has been "doing something" all week, it's just not at the speed the Falcons fans would like to see. The mediocre to horrible teams from 2010 were the only teams making significant moves through yesterday. The Pats kicked off the season for major moves yesterday.

While I don't know the true significance of every move that has been made, judging by the threads I've been browsing most are unhappy with the lack of headlines around here. It may all work out in the end though, it's still early.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

a first round pick that never had more than 53 catches or broke 800 yards receiving in 7 years, had a bad rap? :blink:

I think he got a pretty fair shake on this MB.....

Many times the comments on here are like a diving score: You throw out the high ( Jenkins is the best #2 in the NFL....He makes our running game go! ) and the low ( Jenkins sucks!...He wouldn't even start for most teams...)....and figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

His play on the field doesn't warrant the amount of $$$$ he makes.

While I don't know the true significance of every move that has been made, judging by the threads I've been browsing most are unhappy with the lack of headlines around here. It may all work out in the end though, it's still early.

The only headlines I personally care about and I'd think most folks would care about start coming in January-February 2012. TD has taken a 4-12 team to a 13-3 team in 3 years, the guy has a method that works, success like that doesn't happen by accident or by listening to message board posters who all have inflated respect for their opinions. (I include myself in that statement. :) )

I'm sure Ryan would be happy to restructure. He has 2 years left with the same amount hitting the cap both years. In order to restructure - they would have to give him an extension and include the pay for the new period. I'm not so sure restructuring his contract at this point would save us all that much in cap space.

It's not a priority for the team at the moment and it's not a factor that will make much difference in who we pick up - so I think the FO has more important issues and contracts to take care of at the moment.

Ryan is about to get paid 32 million this year . Sooner or later were going to have to sign him to a ext this year should be perfect opportunity unless TD and company are not sold on Ryan as truly the franchise QB . Now some would think that is nonsense but look what happen with Vick contract where we ext him

I'm not sure Blank wants to shell out another big time contract like that when Ryan hasn't stepped up in playoffs yet .

I think right now were stuck between a rock and hard place . We all think Ryan is our QB for next 10 years

But what if he isn't . What if this year he has a bad year and struggles . Next year Falcons are going to want to see him play out his year 5 before extension when his contract runs out by 6th

7.1 million in cap space just cleared up - Oh yeah - something is about to go down!

Jenkins - You represented the Red and Black well - thanks for all you did. You will be missed - Good Luck wherever you land!

Anderson - Many hated on you here - but you were a good run stuffer, carried yourself well as a Falcon and did many great things in the community! I wish you luck in the rest of your career.

Tandy,

You said it perfectly. Thanks. Gonna miss Jenkins. I mean, after all, he caught Ryan's first touchdown pass. :unsure:

Ryan is about to get paid 32 million this year . Sooner or later were going to have to sign him to a ext this year should be perfect opportunity unless TD and company are not sold on Ryan as truly the franchise QB . Now some would think that is nonsense but look what happen with Vick contract where we ext him

yet . I'm not sure Blank wants to shell out another big time contract like that when Ryan hasn't stepped up in playoffs

I think right now were stuck between a rock and hard place . We all think Ryan is our QB for next 10 years

But what if he isn't . What if this year he has a bad year and struggles . Next year Falcons are going to want to see him play out his year 5 before extension when his contract runs out by 6th

Your right to a degree, I think they've just learned their lessons on long high dollar contracts after the Vick mess. I think most of the league has learned from that. However, I don't think the playoff success in the first 3 years of a players career will drive a second contract, not after 3 winning seasons and doing something no other Falcons team has ever done before.

Surprised by Jenkins being released since he just signed a new contract last year? Not surprised by JA98 at all though.

This plus I think Jenkins would have lit it up in our offense with a true no. 2 option. My bet is they're about to sign a free agent and needed the cap room.

And ya'll thought I was Bullshitting when i said they gonna cut Jenkins friday.

Depending on how much Edwards want Davis is potentially gone aswell.

I believe C. Davis AND T. Lewis are gone regardless; too much $$

We still HAVE DEs:

Abe

BeerMan

Sidbury *the roster move(s) and the game day roster rule+Spec Team changes give Sid his "make or break" opportunity this year.Matthews

(Davis)

and the soon arriving new DE...

We are already set at DT:

Babs

Jerry

Peters

Walker

+ one Rookie

This actually makes me pretty bummed out. I liked Jenkins as much as anybody on these boards. Despite what anybody else thinks, I believe he was a very good number two receiver and would have fit in beautifully in the slot now that we have Julio.

As for Anderson, I have come to realize that he will never really be more than a rotational run stopping end, but he was still a darn good run stopper.... and I wish we could have kept him in our rotation. Once again... i'm pretty bummed out here now.