TD on Verge of Epic Fail at FA

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, why don't you print out a copy and let me know when you are ready. I'll name the time and place Internet tough guy...

I think the standard meeting place for those type activities is Waffle House. Be sure to let us know which one Billy Bad Boy.

Let it be known that I've got rights to the popcorn and boiled peanut consessions. :lol:

Oh and yep, we have all witness EPIC FAIL at it's best. :D

Ummm...how's this diatribe working out for you? Part of making sound decisions is not rushing to make them...

Am I happy that TD made this move, absolutely, and it looks like he got a good deal too. This is one of the moves he needed to make, adding a more explosive DE to the rotation is going to do nothing but help. I notice that almost every poster that disagrees with me has not argued a single point in the op, but has resorted to nothing but derision and lame attempts at humor. With a compressed Free Agency period, worthy DE's falling off the board, a need to upgrade at that position, and using most of the draft picks available to draft JJ, the Falcon's were in a perilous position. I just pointed that out.

Am I happy that TD made this move, absolutely, and it looks like he got a good deal too. This is one of the moves he needed to make, adding a more explosive DE to the rotation is going to do nothing but help. I notice that almost every poster that disagrees with me has not argued a single point in the op, but has resorted to nothing but derision and lame attempts at humor. With a compressed Free Agency period, worthy DE's falling off the board, a need to upgrade at that position, and using most of the draft picks available to draft JJ, the Falcon's were in a perilous position. I justpointed that out. **** a brick and had to share.

Edited by chitowndirtybird

Apparently "Verge" is not in your vocabulary...

Apparently you don't even know what it means. "On the verge" is a saying that basically states "It's 100% going to happen." You made a fool of yourself and you're trying to rationalize your post. Too bad, no one else is buying it either. Either be smarter when you post something (especially when free agency hasn't started officially yet) or shut the **** up so you don't look like such an idiot next time.

Am I happy that TD made this move, absolutely, and it looks like he got a good deal too. This is one of the moves he needed to make, adding a more explosive DE to the rotation is going to do nothing but help. I notice that almost every poster that disagrees with me has not argued a single point in the op, but has resorted to nothing but derision and lame attempts at humor. With a compressed Free Agency period, worthy DE's falling off the board, a need to upgrade at that position, and using most of the draft picks available to draft JJ, the Falcon's were in a perilous position. I just pointed that out.

No, you didn't- you declared that, after 24 hours of FA that TD was about to Epically fail- don't have to break that down to know that was absurd.

But if you insist::

Jenkins is a reason not to trade for Jones? Really? Guy that scores a TD every 8 games? Guy has never had a 3 TD game, a 10 catch game or a 100 yard game? The guy that got cut to make cap room for Edwards?

Last couple of Teams to hold up the trophy- NO and the Pack, lots and lots of offense there. Don't know if you've paid attention, last few years, all the rule changes favor the Offense.

Abe is injured alot? , Yeah if its 98, how many games has he missed in the last 3 years?

TD went after Johnson to force Carolina to overpay and then signed the guy he wanted anyway- that's brilliance, and you respond with a classic chicken little OMG OMG WE"RE SCREWED!!!!! thread.

Apparently you don't even know what it means. "On the verge" is a saying that basically states "It's 100% going to happen." You made a fool of yourself and you're trying to rationalize your post. Too bad, no one else is buying it either. Either be smarter when you post something (especially when free agency hasn't started officially yet) or shut the **** up so you don't look like such an idiot next time.

I am not trying to rationalize anything. And I am no fool. My analysis was spot on, if you actually read my post. Which, from the drivel you have posted, shows that you haven't. And FYI, being on the verge, is synonymous with being close to. When you are close to something it is not 100%. Nice try to discredit me, but an English major you are not.

Being on the verge of failing in FA after 24 hours is like saying you were on the verge of failing your original post as soon as you clicked, "New Thread." Wait... bad comparison. How about on the verge of wrecking your car as soon as you put the keys in the ignition.

It was a dumb post and you're just twisting in the wind trying to cover yourself with the definition of verge.

Edited by Three Radical

I am not trying to rationalize anything. And I am no fool. My analysis was spot on, if you actually read my post. Which, from the drivel you have posted, shows that you haven't. And FYI, being on the verge, is synonymous with being close to. When you are close to something it is not 100%. Nice try to discredit me, but an English major you are not.

He doesn't have to discredit you, you did that with the original post. I was an English major and you screwed up. You used the word the way you meant to, but absurdly early in the FA process. When, less than 24 hours after you declare TD to be on the verge of major failure as a GM, it turns out he was on the verge of signing a FA DE at an incredibly low price, you are just wrong.

All you have to do is admit you screwed up and people will let it go, but you apparently are one of those posters who refuses to admit you're wrong. Suit yourself, you can get in a pi##ing match if you want to, won't make you any less wrong.

hmm was he ever on the verge of an epic fail just because you didnt know about the move being made quietly behind the scenes. lets take a look, we didnt sign the marginally top de prospect for a stupid amount of money, we sight the just slightly behind the top de free agent for 20 million less, thats worth a day or twos wait if you ask me. so i would contend no he wasnt on the verge of an epic fail because Td knew what he was doing while you didnt, you just thought he might be.

like my fellow uk person i sit here in the other side of the pond shaking my head at some of the overractions to the first couple of days of FA.

No, you didn't- you declared that, after 24 hours of FA that TD was about to Epically fail- don't have to break that down to know that was absurd.

But if you insist::

Jenkins is a reason not to trade for Jones? Really? Guy that scores a TD every 8 games? Guy has never had a 3 TD game, a 10 catch game or a 100 yard game? The guy that got cut to make cap room for Edwards?

Last couple of Teams to hold up the trophy- NO and the Pack, lots and lots of offense there. Don't know if you've paid attention, last few years, all the rule changes favor the Offense.

Abe is injured alot? , Yeah if its 98, how many games has he missed in the last 3 years?

TD went after Johnson to force Carolina to overpay and then signed the guy he wanted anyway- that's brilliance, and you respond with a classic chicken little OMG OMG WE"RE SCREWED!!!!! thread.

24 hours of FA? I made this post on Thursday. Announcements were being made since early in the week that players and teams had agreed to terms. I know you know this is a compressed Free Agency period, so you are being disingenuous here...

I said Jenkins was serviceable, not exactly a ringing endorsement. I had noted that there was/is a pretty good FA pool for receivers which you failed to acknowledge. And I do believe I actually said I liked the pick, didn't I? I questioned it because it made the draft biased heavily towards offense when there were definite defensive needs to be addressed.

You are going to argue my point, that the teams that are consistently good do it through defense, by pointing out that Green Bay, ranked number 5 in team defense last year won the Super Bowl? You should have just stuck with N.O., cause they were ranked #25 in 2009, then followed it up by being the first team in playoff history to get bounced by a team with a losing record, due to botched tackling if memory serves me correctly.

Abe, are you serious? He sat out the St. Louis game last year, and has always gotten dinged up during the season. Just a quick google search can discredit your statement here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5835382

I am so disappointed, I was expecting more than a factually challenged and inept retort.

People roll their eyes when I say patience and trust during the TD era. Just another year and another reason why. I'm not guaranteeing Edwards is the answer but at least they finally were able to address this issue. You also have to lend the guy some credit on the price tags he is negotiating. Just do a quick comparison around the league and you will understand.

It's not a deal where if he busts it affects us for years. It was almost like trading out ja98 for Edwards.

This thread is an epic fail. You have clearly shown you lack the virtue of patience and are clearly upset that TD didnt make the madden inspired arm chair gm moves you wanted him to make. Now you are childishly are defending your point by saying thar he was close to failing when it is clearyou felt he already had. I'm not goinng to begrudge your opinion but in the future why dont you wait until.sombody actually fails before you start a thread like this.