TD on Verge of Epic Fail at FA

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally the core of the board has come over to Dtan's side of the giant game of red rover we all play.

TD will be gone in 1 or 2 years.

MV7 will be back much sooner.

The Great Revolution has begun.

I agree that TD or MS will be gone in 1 or 2 years if the team does not make a SB appearance; however, I don't think MV will ever be in a Falcon's uniform again. AB is too image conscious and therefore will continue to appease a certain sector of his fan base.

With that being said- I do not want Vick back. B) I hope that Matt Ryan steps up to the plate this year and win in the playoffs. He's a good guy and love this city and team. My only concern with him is that he's missing two key ingredients that you can't teach, which is "touch" and "athleticism" to carry this team on his shoulders. Therefore, we must be able to offset MR short comings with a defense that can keep us in games during times when the offense is not clicking on all cylinders. But you have to give Matt credit, he's a master at managing the game. And truthfully, I'm okay with that as long as our defense is capable of stopping the opponet from scoring when we're not. ;)

Edited by NoMoreExcuses

I agree that TD or MS will be gone in 1 or 2 years if the team does not make a SB appearance; however, I don't think MV will ever be in a Falcon's uniform again. AB is too image conscious and therefore will continue to appease a certain sector of his fan base.

With that being said- I do not want Vick back. B) I hope that Matt Ryan steps up to the plate this year and win in the playoffs. He's a good guy and love this city and team. My only concern with him is that he's missing two key ingredients that you can't teach, which is "touch" and "athleticism" to carry this team on his shoulders. Therefore, we must be able to offset MR short comings with a defense that can keep us in games during times when the offense is not clicking on all cylinders. But you have to give Matt credit, he's a master at managing the game. And truthfully, I'm okay with that as long as our defense is capable of stopping the opponet from scoring when we're not. ;)

It would be much easier for everyone here if you would just call yourself stupid.

Everyone is blaming it on Ryan or our DE's I'm blaming it on our DT's who got no push whatsoever and allowed Rodgers a field day to elude the edge rush and to step up and wing it all nite. I blame BVG for having 3 lbers on the field when GB was 4 wide ....and most of all I blame Aaron Mfkng Rodgers for being just too dam good .......

OK.

Well...

Did TD trade 5 picks for a DT or a WR?

You have to admit that this guy is a bafoon or you cant be taken seriously.

Daddy...

You make some good, no, GREAT points.

In fact, I would place you just a peg below myself and Mr. Right as the best poster on these boards.

But if you go around calling people "bafoons" (it's "buffoon"), the grammar Nazis will change the subject from TD's general managing inadequacies to your grammatical inadequacies.

Be careful....

here you go.

Daddy...

You make some good, no, GREAT points.

In fact, I would place you just a peg below myself and Mr. Right as the best poster on these boards.

But if you go around calling people "bafoons" (it's "buffoon"), the grammar Nazis will change the subject from TD's general managing inadequacies to your grammatical inadequacies.

Be careful....

I think you meant 'spelling Nazis', buffoon.

<BR>Your condescension is noted, I must not be near the fan that your are. Just as a side note, would like to know what your evaluation of the loss to Green Bay identified as the weakness of this team and what was done in the off season to fix that deficiency?<BR>
<BR><BR>You have your own oppinion.<BR><BR>But wow, just wow. I really wanted to intelligently respond to this. What good would it do though. Its not like we went 13-3 in the regular season to only lose to the Superbowl Champs. Have a highlight year for our young QB coming off a 2009 mobilization (toe) injury, discovered we had a pro-bowl player at our #2 CB position. Realize that #2 CB fell from a family tree of kangeroos and circus high flyers. <BR><BR>You know what? WTHeck are you talking about? This team has came so far in the past three years....there is no way we have taken that big of a step back this off-season. If anything we are preparing to be a NFC Conference Champion contender or a SB contender. Bet that. FLY HIGH Edited by BleedBlack&Red

You have your own oppinion.

Wow, just wow. I really wanted to intelligently respond to this. What good would it do though. Its not like we went 13-3 in the regular to only lose to the Superbowl Champs. Have a highlight year for our young QB coming off a 2009 mobilization (toe) injury, discovered we had a pro-bowl player at our #2 CB position. Realize that #2 CB's fell from a family tree of kangeroos and circus high flyers.

You know what? WTHeck are you talking about? This team has came so far in the past three years....there is no way we have taken that big of a step back this off-season. If anything we are preparing to be a NFC Conference Champion contender or a SB contender. Bet that. FLY HIGH

:wub: plus 1

<BR><BR>You have your own oppinion.<BR><BR>But wow, just wow. I really wanted to intelligently respond to this. What good would it do though. Its not like we went 13-3 in the regular season to only lose to the Superbowl Champs. Have a highlight year for our young QB coming off a 2009 mobilization (toe) injury, discovered we had a pro-bowl player at our #2 CB position. Realize that #2 CB fell from a family tree of kangeroos and circus high flyers. <BR><BR>You know what? WTHeck are you talking about? This team has came so far in the past three years....there is no way we have taken that big of a step back this off-season. If anything we are preparing to be a NFC Conference Champion contender or a SB contender. Bet that. FLY HIGH

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see...

How long have Joe Banner and Andy Reid been in Philly? How many disappointing seasons have they had? Have they gotten fired yet? A long time, all of them since they've gotten there, no.

But AR has been to the NFC title game several times and even a SB appearance in the last 7 years.

Lets just say I learned english 4 years ago and I still comprehend what the Falcon organization is doing better than you, Sir.

We have been bounced from the playoffs in the first game twice in the last three seasons. This is because the defense has been suspect in both those playoff games. No moves made on D in FA and none of significance in the draft this off-season, so I can comprehend what the FO has done also. Just that I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid.

We have been bounced from the playoffs in the first game twice in the last three seasons. This is because the defense has been suspect in both those playoff games. No moves made on D in FA and none of significance in the draft this off-season, so I can comprehend what the FO has done also. Just that I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid.

ok quick how many times prior than the last 3 years have the Falcons even BEEN to the play offs?

we should let the pass rushing DEs that we drafted develop before giving up on the them.

We run a rotation at DE, subbing in Davis and Anderson for Bierman and Abraham. That would be the plan still even if a DE is picked up in FA. My guess is that would leave Anderson the Odd man out. Prospects will still get playing time and a chance to develop.

So you are saying I should be content with just getting there? That's a losers mentality...

You honestly believe it was just the defensive side of the ball that lost the game? What about the half dozen turnovers we've had in the playoffs (exaggerating the turnovers), our inability to keep the D on the sidelines to catch their breath? I saw Mike P on a oxygen machine in the 3rd quarter WTF? Your logic is somewhat correct but your sour taste in ya mouth from these losses should be taken out this season, thank you for the thread though.