Falcons schedule just got tougher

For the record...counting wins before the season usually ends up all bad. Granted, we only lost 3 regular season games last year but every year teams that are expected to be good suck and vice-versa.

Pretty much. Never underestimate your opponent's. Teams took us for granted in 08 and you saw what happened.

I disagree. Shannahan has a huge ego and thinks he can coach a figurine to play as well as any one of his current players. He doesn't necessarily credit the players and their talents. It's more about him and his system. I think the thing with Andy Reid was more about them wanting to start a youth movement with Kolb.

Reid benched him when he was a starter too. You might be right and there is nothing more there but it seems odd.

I really don't care what other teams do because I'm sure those other teams are looking at us on their schedule and are saying "that's gonna be a tough game to win". As long as we take care of OUR business we will be fine. After the recent success our team has had, I'm willing to put my faith in the front office to keep this franchise moving forward.

You guys are quick to dismiss 2 former All Pro QBs joining teams who's primary weakness was needing and NFL ready QB for the this season.

Veteran QBs bounce back all the time after a change of scenery. Look at what Farve and Warner did after every one thought they were done. Farve had the best stastical year of his career his 1st year in Minnesota with all the same weapons McNabb will now have to enjoy. Every one thought Warner was done after floundering in NY for the Giants. Then he got some weapons with the Cardinals and became an All Pro QB.

McNabb had nothing to work with in Washington. The #1 WR on the Redskins would be the #3 WR on the Vikings not to mention they have the best RB in the game. McNabb could easily be the come back player of the year with all the weapons he will have around him.

Say what you want about Hasselbeck too but the guy stepped up and won a road playogg game vs. the defending Super Bowl Champion Saints.

Hasselbeck went 22/35, 272 yards, and 4 TDs in their playoff win proving the guys is still a heck of a veteran QB.

Edited by coachx

I really don't care what other teams do because I'm sure those other teams are looking at us on their schedule and are saying "that's gonna be a tough game to win". As long as we take care of OUR business we will be fine. After the recent success our team has had, I'm willing to put my faith in the front office to keep this franchise moving forward.

true true true... so we wont be playing teams with rookies who didnt have the time to learn a system and will be playing vets who need time to adjust... they still gotta beat the falcons before they will be considered a contender lol

You guys are quick to dismiss 2 former All Pro QBs joining teams who's primary weakness was needing and NFL ready QB for the this season.

Veteran QBs bounce back all the time after a change of scenery. Look at what Farve and Warner did after every one thought they were done. Farve had the best stastical year of his career his 1st year in Minnesota with all the same weapons McNabb will now have to enjoy. Every one thought Warner was done after floundering in NY for the Giants. Then he got some weapons with the Cardinals and became an All Pro QB.

McNabb had nothing to work with in Washington. The #1 WR on the Redskins would be the #3 WR on the Vikings not to mention they have the best RB in the game. McNabb could easily be the come back player of the year with all the weapons he will have around him.

Say what you want about Hasselbeck too but the guy stepped up and won a road playogg game vs. the defending Super Bowl Champion Saints.

Hasselbeck went 22/35, 272 yards, and 4 TDs in their playoff win proving the guys is still a heck of a veteran QB.

forgot to mention, both teams have a heckuva running game to lean on...AP and CJ are dangerous on their own.