Falcons schedule just got tougher

coachx

Falcons schedule just got tougher. Van Gorder was probably licking his chops with the chance to play vs. 2 more rookie QBs ( Vikings with Ponder and Titans with Locker).

Well, both teams now have veteran starters:

Adam Schefter reports Matt Hasselbeck has signed with the Titans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6807554/tennessee-titans-reach-deal-matt-hasselbeck-source-says

Washington Times is reporting the Redskins have agreed to trade Donnovan McNabb to the Viking for two 6th round draft picks.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/27/report-redskins-agree-trade-donovan-mcnabb-vikings/

Neither guy has too many more years left in them but they definately make both the Viking and Titans games tougher on the Falcons in 2011.

Falcons schedule just got tougher. Van Gorder was probably licking his chops with the chance to play vs. 2 more rookie QBs ( Vikings with Ponder and Titans with Locker).

Well, both teams now have veteran starters:

Adam Schefter reports Matt Hasselbeck has signed with the Titans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6807554/tennessee-titans-reach-deal-matt-hasselbeck-source-says

Washington Times is reporting the Redskins have agreed to trade Donnovan McNabb to the Viking for two 6th round draft picks.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/27/report-redskins-agree-trade-donovan-mcnabb-vikings/

Neither guy has too many more years left in them but they definately make both the Viking and Titans games tougher on the Falcons in 2011.

Yeah, McNabb and Hasselback are known for their dominance as of late, lol.

How tough the Vikings are will depend a lot on whether or not they will still have Sidney Rice. Peterson is awesome, but without an outside threat, he can be contained. Same goes for the Titans and CJ. He's great, but if they don't give Hasselbeck weopons, our D can key on him.

Our D was very good at shutting down one dimensional running teams. Our D was incosistent against very good passing teams.

Honestly I dont BVG was licking his chops...

Here's a wild guess at what the game plan will be for those games... Zone with corners playing off coverage... And with no safety help when we blitz so that way if the QB throws a slant it can go the distance.

And for McNabb he might pull out the game plan where we have 3 d linemen and rush 2 and let the DT spy the QB.

After several games last season I am very concerned about our defenses ability to adjust and gameplan against more experienced QBs/ offensive coordinators

Both teams sport rookie head coaches and will be somewhat hampered by the the lack of off season teaching time. I expect both QBs to adapt pretty well to their new systems, but timing, throwing to unfamiliar receivers, that's something else that needs an off season. And neither team sports an overly impressive receiving corp.

The Titans always find a way to crumble, and the Vikings D -- the most feared part of that unit was always the defensive line. The backend has always been pretty average. The year they made it to the NFC Championship game, they were 19th against the pass. The D-line is a year older, and probably losing 2 starters.

I like both quarterbacks, but at this point in their career, neither are going to carry a team by themselves and I think the Falcons have a better team than both.

And yet "TD" has not made any moves to speak of

We have not improved a team that didn't need that much improving to take the next step

Perhaps he knows he has every fan in his back pocket

He has been outsmarted. The Julio trade was a gamble that was contingent on the signing of a stud DE.

And now that the market has pushed himm out, he can only hope that people believe his story of never intending to make a move at all...

Jones doesn't improve the team?

McNabb has had a falling out with 2 well-seasoned head coaches which might suggest that in addition to his decline there may be other issues.

I disagree. Shannahan has a huge ego and thinks he can coach a figurine to play as well as any one of his current players. He doesn't necessarily credit the players and their talents. It's more about him and his system. I think the thing with Andy Reid was more about them wanting to start a youth movement with Kolb.

I disagree. Shannahan has a huge ego and thinks he can coach a figurine to play as well as any one of his current players. He doesn't necessarily credit the players and their talents. It's more about him and his system. I think the thing with Andy Reid was more about them wanting to start a youth movement with Kolb.

Yea, I don't think the trade from Philly qualifies as a falling out and the situation in Washington is probably more on Shanahan. That guy is an ego-maniac. Not trying to absolve Donovan.

That said, he doesn't necessarily strike fear in the hearts of defenses but with Peterson, Shiancoe, and possibly Sidney Rice he'd have more weapons in Minnesota.

Archived