Just read on Falcoholic that we won't be going after Edwards but instead the Eagles will be going after him. I can't say I'm THAT upset, I think Edwards is over rated. I think he was only good because of the line he was with in Minnesota.

Does this mean we are going for Charles Johnson or nobody at all?

Just read on Falcoholic that we won't be going after Edwards but instead the Eagles will be going after him. I can't say I'm THAT upset, I think Edwards is over rated. I think he was only good because of the line he was with in Minnesota.

Does this mean we are going for Charles Johnson or nobody at all?

How can you call Ray Edwards overrated but not CJ?

All those stories about him going to Philly and not Atlanta stemmed from one article where Ledbetter was taking a SWAG at knowing what TD and company are doing.

agree w/ Tandy.

DOL has absolutely no sources and no insight as to what goes on in Flowery Branch. He is nothing more than a glorified Falcons messageboard member. I'm not trying to bash the guy- he's just not a great beatwriter and he is not an investigative guy. Glazer, Scheffter, Mortensen, Pasquerellis will break Falcons stories before Ledbetter.

Ledbetter is just parroting what some other beatwriter that actually works his craft says. And, I don't think the other guy is a good source.

How can you call Ray Edwards overrated but not CJ?

CJ played on the PANTHERS!!! THE PANTHERS!!! He was able to put up double digit sacks on a sorry team. Edwards played on a good line, with Allen and the William boys, and never was able to get double digit sacks. Edwards is good but not worth overpaying. CJ has more upside imo and will give us 10 sacks every year.

CJ played on the PANTHERS!!! THE PANTHERS!!! He was able to put up double digit sacks on a sorry team. Edwards played on a good line, with Allen and the William boys, and never was able to get double digit sacks. Edwards is good but not worth overpaying. CJ has more upside imo and will give us 10 sacks every year.

Exactly this.

Contract year, his best season.