I take the GA Bar tomorrow and Wednesday, wish me luck!

The studying is 10 times worse than the actual test itself, IMO. I'm pretty sure that you'll destroy it. I plan on taking the GA bar in February 2012.

I'm holding you fully accountable for that statement, lol. I'm done studying, gonna relax the rest of the evening. I know it as well as I'm ever going to know it. I'm tipping the scales of justice in my favor tomorrow (Breaking Bad reference for those of you not in the know).

I'm more calm than I was before any law school exam, hoping that translates onto the exam. My hotel is literally next door to where the test is, I'm just walking there in the morning. Every other standardized test that I've ever taken, I've had to find the location the morning of the exam; that always led to unnecessary stress the morning of the exam.

Also, I'm tickled ****-less that the lockout is over. I hope by the time I emerge Wednesday evening there will be good news for the falcons.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding you fully accountable for that statement, lol. I'm done studying, gonna relax the rest of the evening. I know it as well as I'm ever going to know it. I'm tipping the scales of justice in my favor tomorrow (Breaking Bad reference for those of you not in the know).

I'm more calm than I was before any law school exam, hoping that translates onto the exam. My hotel is literally next door to where the test is, I'm just walking there in the morning. Every other standardized test that I've ever taken, I've had to find the location the morning of the exam; that always led to unnecessary stress the morning of the exam.

You'll see. It's easy for me to say it because I've already taken it, sure. Taking the night off is probably for the best. I'm just a year removed from taking the AL bar. I remember the worst part about the whole thing is just having to sit there for so friggin long in an uncomfortable chair, with the A/C continuously pumping sub-zero temperatures on my entire body. If you have studied as much as you say, you'll kill it. Just go in there and own that ****.

Also, I'm tickled ****-less that the lockout is over. I hope by the time I emerge Wednesday evening there will be good news for the falcons.

I missed -- as in totally did not answer -- an entire question on the second bar exam I took (yes, I'm sort of a masochist like that). Still passed. You'll do fine.

You'll see. It's easy for me to say it because I've already taken it, sure. Taking the night off is probably for the best. I'm just a year removed from taking the AL bar. I remember the worst part about the whole thing is just having to sit there for so friggin long in an uncomfortable chair, with the A/C continuously pumping sub-zero temperatures on my entire body. If you have studied as much as you say, you'll kill it. Just go in there and own that ****.

Yeah I heard it's cold as **** in GA's too, I'm taking a fleece jacket in the morning.

I missed -- as in totally did not answer -- an entire question on the second bar exam I took (yes, I'm sort of a masochist like that). Still passed. You'll do fine.

I didn't practice a whole lot of essays, and only a couple of MPT's, but the few that I did showed me that reading what appears to a crim law fact pattern and subsequently writing a well thought out crim law answer isn't such a great idea if it's actually a torts question. Same with MPT's, on one practice one I totally ignored half of the instructions, and another like 3 pages were stuck together and I didn't realize that till only a few minutes left. I'm so glad I figured out stuff like that before tomorrow, that would have been awful to panic like that during the real deal.

If trig can pass anybody can

lol. There are always anecdotes about people studying for 2 weeks and passing, and then people that were #1 or 2 in their law school class failing. I think those people over-studied and were neurotic about it. Besides that, all the other #1's and 2's that actually pass will get a job with a big firm, but they'll be stuck in the basement as a paid research monkey. The dumb ones will make all the money, haha.

GOOD LUCK Edgar Allen Bro, I'll be rootin for ya.

If you've studied as much as you say you have then I've got an incredible amount of confidence that you'll pass. You know what you need to know to pass this thing and you've worked long enough and hard enough to get to this point. Take deep breaths, remind yourself that you know all this ****, and then do what you do.

Let me know when you pass, I'll have to send you a bottle of scotch.

Hahahaha, you have the best bro names. Broseph Goebbles still cracks me up. I'll take you up on that bottle of scotch.

Just went to dinner in the restaurant in the hotel, had a pint of sweetwater 420; that was nice, I've been drinking nothing but coors light all summer because we bought WAY too much beer for my graduation cook out. I'm feelin nice and relaxed. There was an incredibly ugly red headed girl and some dude near me studying, and I saw several people with books and book bags walking towards the convention center - I assume to keep studying. I seriously doubt they're going to learn anything else tonight. They'll be exhausted and stressed in the morning, I'll be feeling good.

Ready to get this over with. Worst 2 1/2 months, ever. 20 years of education riding on the next two days, lol. I'm ready though. Then I get to wait till the end of October to find out if I passed.

mdrake34, this 'Bama fan wishes you well! :P

Good luck! You'll do it!

I never made anything out of my intelligence past high school, but I can tell you that you've already got the perfect study plan. NEVER cram the night before a test. It's literally the dumbest thing you can do, and I can't count how many times I've tried to tell people the same thing. I never failed a single test during high school (But on the other hand, I never did a single bit of school work or homework, so I didn't pass anything, despite knowing all the material when test time came around) because I always paid a ton of attention during class and studied really hard like a week before the test, but the night before the test I'd stay up all night smoking weed and playing video games, because the best way to enter a test is completely relaxed and stress-free.

Once you give your brain a chance to relax and just chill with all the process of information, it's amazing what it will recall when you charge it back up again.

IMO, you're one of the most intelligent guys on the board, so you must be doing something right. Pretty sure you're alot more well read than I am.

Well I'm halfway done doods. It wasn't that bad, the morning session MPT's were super easy. The first two essays of the afternoon sucked, I totally BS'd the first and didn't write a whole lot on the second, but I knocked the last two out of the part. Did fine overall, just gotta kick *** on the MBE's tomorrow.

Well I'm halfway done doods. It wasn't that bad, the morning session MPT's were super easy. The first two essays of the afternoon sucked, I totally BS'd the first and didn't write a whole lot on the second, but I knocked the last two out of the part. Did fine overall, just gotta kick *** on the MBE's tomorrow.

mbe score is high enough they dont even read your essay.

you need to get plastered once you finish, its mandatory.