Mike Vick Matt Ryan and the GA Dome

I was at all the games when Vick was there - and I've been at all the games since Matt's been the QB.

It depends on who you are playing. Certain teams have fans that travel well. When we play Steelers - the stadium is filled with yellow. This was true when Vick was QB and will be true with Matt at the helm.

The loudest game for me was before either of them were here - but the Rams playoff game was loud.

By the same token - when we played the Bears in '08, the Ravens last year, Green Bay game 1 and a few other games - it's been as loud as it was with Vick here in non-playoff games.

Playoff games are a different story though - they are louder, more electric and better attended than any regular season game - regardless of who attends.

I can say this. I had more fun at the games in '08 and '10 than ever before. The atmosphere has been amazing. Everyone seems happy and excited.

I have to agree with Tandy. There was something different in 2010 than in years past. Every game I went to had more fans than I have seen recently. The first Green Bay game had a lot of GB fans, but no where near the number of our fans. It really felt like we had a TRUE home field advantage. I remember the final game against carolina, I saw ONE carolina fan the whole time. I look forward to the future of our fan base.

If you are a Falcons fan, pulling for, supporting, or admitting you still love Michael Vick is like going to hang with your sister's ex-husband after he beat and raped her. Vick is the enemy, he plays for the enemy, and should always be considered so.

I'll come to peace with that scumbag when he and his teammates are beaten into a fine paste on the Georgia Dome turf.

agreed...

Gritz... did you read this?

It's better than what you posted.

I have to agree with Tandy. There was something different in 2010 than in years past. Every game I went to had more fans than I have seen recently. The first Green Bay game had a lot of GB fans, but no where near the number of our fans. It really felt like we had a TRUE home field advantage. I remember the final game against carolina, I saw ONE carolina fan the whole time. I look forward to the future of our fan base.

....And you were surprised? lol

Honestly, it's true that the blacks in this city don't give a d*** what Vick did, they just want him to play for the Falcons. This is EXTREMELY sad and frustrating to me and shows so much ignorance (and before you start with me, I AM BLACK). I had never been more disgusted at a Falcons game than I was when Philly came to town in 09! And you know what's really sad about it? Most believe it was the Falcons who did Vick wrong and that couldn't be any further from the truth! I have 5 friends/acquaintances who all watch(ed) the Falcons but now claim Philly as their favorite team....it's maddening! You'd better believe there will be HORDS of Philly fans at the game, many of whom were Vick fans who now hate the Falcons for uneducated reasons!

Ok, sorry I got a little off topic. *rant OFF*

I think the atmosphere in the is gradually ramping up to being better than it was when Vick was here.

Guest Gritz

agreed...

Gritz... did you read this?

It's better than what you posted.

Yeah, I read it. Both his and mine can still be true. I consider any opposing team/quarterback that plays the Falcons to be the enemy.

Opinions are just like ***holes. Everybody has one.

The black people in Atlanta will never support a white QB the way they supported VickMexico. It's unfortunate, but true. Even if the Falcons win a SB in the near future, I don't think it will ever be as packed as it was when VickThug was here.

The Falcons could have sucked with VickDogfighter at QB, but as long as he was scrambling once in a while holding the football like a stolen loaf of bread, the black people in Atlanta would go to the games to watch their idol.

Black people love thugs and bad-boys. That's why VickHerpes jersey was such a huge seller when Philly took a shot on him, and before he even touched the football for them.

I guess I'm bitter that the same people who packed the dome when VickBlunt was here will trash Ryan and any other white QB solely because he's not black. Even though Vick had such pedestrian numbers and never won more than 8 games in a season when he was here, never tried to get better, slacked off, lied to all of us, talked about 'getting revenge', etc, etc, etc, there are still people who would welcome him back with open arms......because he's a black thug.

It's truly pathetic, but it will never change. Most black people in Atlanta don't care about winning or losing, just let them watch black athletes play and they're happy to support the team.

I'm black and I love Matty Ice. Vick brought a level of excitement each Sunday but, failed to take us to the promised land. It will be interesting if he can improve or match his numbers of last season or be a one year wonder once opposing defenses find a way to stop him.

The black people in Atlanta will never support a white QB the way they supported VickMexico. It's unfortunate, but true. Even if the Falcons win a SB in the near future, I don't think it will ever be as packed as it was when VickThug was here.

The Falcons could have sucked with VickDogfighter at QB, but as long as he was scrambling once in a while holding the football like a stolen loaf of bread, the black people in Atlanta would go to the games to watch their idol.

Black people love thugs and bad-boys. That's why VickHerpes jersey was such a huge seller when Philly took a shot on him, and before he even touched the football for them.

I guess I'm bitter that the same people who packed the dome when VickBlunt was here will trash Ryan and any other white QB solely because he's not black. Even though Vick had such pedestrian numbers and never won more than 8 games in a season when he was here, never tried to get better, slacked off, lied to all of us, talked about 'getting revenge', etc, etc, etc, there are still people who would welcome him back with open arms......because he's a black thug.

It's truly pathetic, but it will never change. Most black people in Atlanta don't care about winning or losing, just let them watch black athletes play and they're happy to support the team.

You're a d*** idiot. I'm Afro American and I loved Bartkowski and any other QB that could get us to the playoffs and further. Miller was another QB I liked. Color has nothing to do with it. Vick is by far the most talented athlete to play the position for the Falcons, and that's what people loved about him. It wasn't just Afro Americans but White Americans as well. I hope they ban your a** for making these racist remarks. And by the way I'm loving what Ryan is becoming as a QB.

Yours Truely,

Sharky.

Edited by sharky

I wonder what year it will be when Vick will stop being brought up as an Atlanta Falcon? I'm going to guess never. Unfortunately that POS will be tied to us and any QB conversation for the rest of the Falcons' existance and that really is upsetting, because as long as we exist, so will the Vick trolls.

You're a d*** idiot. I'm Afro American and I loved Bartkowski and any other QB that could get us to the playoffs and further. Miller was another QB I liked. Color has nothing to do with it. Vick is by far the most talented athlete to play the position for the Falcons, and that's what people loved about him. It wasn't just Afro Americans but White Americans as well. I hope they ban your a** for making these racist remarks. And by the way I'm loving what Ryan is becoming as a QB.

Yours Truely,

Sharky.

This ^^^^^^^ B)

Yours Truely,

Sharky.

Maybe not for you, but apparently it does for some. Did you read some of the other posts in this thread about their real-life experiences?

BTW....I'd rather have a true QB, than an "athlete" playing the QB position, any day.

Go Falcons!

Maybe not for you, but apparently it does for some. Did you read some of the other posts in this thread about their real-life experiences?

BTW....I'd rather have a true QB, than an "athlete" playing the QB position, any day.

Go Falcons!

WTF EVER. Just what is a true QB to you? Is it the one that stays in the pocket and get sacked, or one that can elude the pressure and still throw a strike. Still seems like you guys are talking about the Vick of old. But you're right though, it still seems that color do matters to some and I guess racial thoughts will always be with some. Is it you?

The loudest I ever heard dome..was 2004 playoff game vs Rams.

lot of people also say the 05 opener vs the Eagles

I was at both of those games and they were very loud, but the loudest game I attended that year was when Vick made the last second dive to the endzone against Carolina. That was pure mayhem. As much as I love this Ryan era, I don't believe we as fans have gotten back to the level of lunacy that we had during the days of Vick.

To answer the posters question. I know the dome is more Falcon fan dominant, but I do feel that the level of fan excitement is down considerably from the early 2000's. And to clarify, I am not a Vick fan, just an honest observer.

WTF EVER. Just what is a true QB to you? Is it the one that stays in the pocket and get sacked, or one that can elude the pressure and still throw a strike. Still seems like you guys are talking about the Vick of old. But you're right though, it still seems that color do matters to some and I guess racial thoughts will always be with some. Is it you?

I see nothing that suggest color is the issue here in this post. Maybe this poster should of said that he prefers a QB that puts the team first, that is smart enough to not get tangled up in illegal dealings, that commits to getting better instead of just relying on his raw talent. Good for Vick to realize all of these things now, too bad that he didn't get during his time here. It has nothing to do with color and everything to do his mental capacity.

I see nothing that suggest color is the issue here in this post. Maybe this poster should of said that he prefers a QB that puts the team first, that is smart enough to not get tangled up in illegal dealings, that commits to getting better instead of just relying on his raw talent. Good for Vick to realize all of these things now, too bad that he didn't get during his time here. It has nothing to do with color and everything to do his mental capacity.

You do realize that I wasn't the one who started this color thing so don't throw this on me. You have to give those props to "Win a Playoff game for melt".

A true QB to me is one that truly understands the game and studies the game so they can learn and improve. Can read defenses and make adjustments at the line, understanding the correct read. A leader who earns the respect of his teammates and coaches through hard work, dedication, and winning. One who beats the teams they should beat. Vick had a history of losing to sub-par teams....why is that? Was he too arrogant to bother watching film and thought he was so good he didn't need to work hard to beat the lowly Lions or Browns or the numerous other scrub teams they lost to when he was here? I prefer a QB who understands that he is the most important player on the team, and that constantly running is going to get you hurt and beat up, and in the end his play suffered. That is the last thing a team needs. When a team is good and can win, the smart play is to throw the ball away and regroup instead of having your QB try to make a play out of nothing and get beat up or hurt. Sure it's exciting to watch, but the problems it causes (and the constant fumbling) often outweigh the excitement.

I loved Vick when he was here, and he is one of the best QB's the Falcons have ever had, but I like Ryan better, and Ryan will be far better than Vick ever was here. He already is, and will continue improving....not go backwards like Vick did because teams figured him out and he didn't care enough to try and get better.

You're right, I am talking about the Vick of old. That's who he was when he was here, playing for my team, The Falcons. He had a great season in Philly, but you can tell he was still beat up towards the end of the season (lost to lowly Minny in a huge home game week 16). Everyone saw it, and it was a topic of discussion for all the "experts". Let's see if he can continue that level of play this year, or if teams figure it out again (or if he figures out that he doesn't need to take so much punishment all the time so he can be effective at the end of the season). But either way, he's not coming back.

Does that answer your question?

Everytime I hear someone say "true/real quarterback" I keep thinking of those that throw out True Patriots and Real Americans in the political realm....

Vick is the really the only "QB" that has brought about these discussions. And Vick huggers are the only ones who don't get it. They're enamored with his athleticism and forgive the flaws in his game and that he doesn't understand the game very well. Nothing wrong with that, Ryan fans do the same thing with his flaws. They're both very good QB's, but Vick is/was a unique QB is in own right, and is not the traditional/true NFL QB. He's more like a college QB, but it works well enough.

He did great last year, and looked more and more like an actual QB (and displayed his usual great scrambling skills that are often an asset). Yet, he was still beat up by years end.

I wish he cared when he was here, but unfortunately he didn't and he screwed up royally, and now he'll never play here again. He's the enemy now and he screwed us and himself, and I hate his ******* guts when he's playing the Falcons.

I was at both of those games and they were very loud, but the loudest game I attended that year was when Vick made the last second dive to the endzone against Carolina. That was pure mayhem. As much as I love this Ryan era, I don't believe we as fans have gotten back to the level of lunacy that we had during the days of Vick.

To answer the posters question. I know the dome is more Falcon fan dominant, but I do feel that the level of fan excitement is down considerably from the early 2000's. And to clarify, I am not a Vick fan, just an honest observer.

this is the responses i was looking for, i was at that game as well, i rememeber about 500 drunk falcons fans going into waffle house after that game i started a riot by yelling "nfc south champs!"

i was wondering if that level of excitement was there bcause it was never there (not even in 98) until vick arrived then we blew the roof off the dome (although the 33-30 win against buffalo in 01 was pretty loud-chandler broke records that day)

matty ice is the winningest qb in franchise history and i was wondering if the fan excitement level has come up yet (by alot of responses it seems the vick vs ryan has not been settled among atlanta fans)