Mike Vick Matt Ryan and the GA Dome

I moved to Texas after what i like to call the Joey Harrington era but when i used to live in chattanooga i attended Falcons games every year from fulton co. stadium to the GA dome and i remember every year the stadiums would be full of opposing teams fans, it was liek going to lambeau field, or hinez field, or the metro dome without ever leaving Atlanta. Then in 2001 Mike Vick showed up but he fans didn't start filling the stadiums til around 2004 when Vick made his come back and that is also the year I went to the most games (bc that was a year you had to buy season tickets bc single games were always sold out) the last game i attended was on monday night in either 05 or 06 against the saints and during that time we always had a home field advantage (even in 98 the colts game i went to was like going to a tennessee game in knoxville) So i was just curious for you people that attend the games during the Matt Ryan era with all of his wins what is the crowd like now? like it was when Vick was in the house? or more like it was when Tony Graziani was in the house? or was it 50/50 like in 98 and the beginning of 99?

The black people in Atlanta will never support a white QB the way they supported VickMexico. It's unfortunate, but true. Even if the Falcons win a SB in the near future, I don't think it will ever be as packed as it was when VickThug was here.

The Falcons could have sucked with VickDogfighter at QB, but as long as he was scrambling once in a while holding the football like a stolen loaf of bread, the black people in Atlanta would go to the games to watch their idol.

Black people love thugs and bad-boys. That's why VickHerpes jersey was such a huge seller when Philly took a shot on him, and before he even touched the football for them.

I guess I'm bitter that the same people who packed the dome when VickBlunt was here will trash Ryan and any other white QB solely because he's not black. Even though Vick had such pedestrian numbers and never won more than 8 games in a season when he was here, never tried to get better, slacked off, lied to all of us, talked about 'getting revenge', etc, etc, etc, there are still people who would welcome him back with open arms......because he's a black thug.

It's truly pathetic, but it will never change. Most black people in Atlanta don't care about winning or losing, just let them watch black athletes play and they're happy to support the team.

GTFOHWTBS......................

You clearly have this whole "Vick Love" thing twisted! I mean da mn, how much hyperbole and conjecture can you pack into that dumb, incoherent rant! The person that needs to let Vick go is you! You remind me of a scorned chick!

The black people in Atlanta will never support a white QB the way they supported VickMexico. It's unfortunate, but true. Even if the Falcons win a SB in the near future, I don't think it will ever be as packed as it was when VickThug was here.

The Falcons could have sucked with VickDogfighter at QB, but as long as he was scrambling once in a while holding the football like a stolen loaf of bread, the black people in Atlanta would go to the games to watch their idol.

Black people love thugs and bad-boys. That's why VickHerpes jersey was such a huge seller when Philly took a shot on him, and before he even touched the football for them.

I guess I'm bitter that the same people who packed the dome when VickBlunt was here will trash Ryan and any other white QB solely because he's not black. Even though Vick had such pedestrian numbers and never won more than 8 games in a season when he was here, never tried to get better, slacked off, lied to all of us, talked about 'getting revenge', etc, etc, etc, there are still people who would welcome him back with open arms......because he's a black thug.

It's truly pathetic, but it will never change. Most black people in Atlanta don't care about winning or losing, just let them watch black athletes play and they're happy to support the team.

Just possibly the best impostor post ever.

Yep be prepared for more ******** posts like this in the next few weeks. This place is going to implode just like last time I can already see it.

I see what you saying, but this whole post is ridiculous, try not to comment on anything else

GTFOHWTBS......................

You clearly have this whole "Vick Love" thing twisted! I mean da mn, how much hyperbole and conjecture can you pack into that dumb, incoherent rant! The person that needs to let Vick go is you! You remind me of a scorned chick!

I really hate to say it, but he's not far off regarding the racial issue.

I was at the game last year against the Bengals. There was a family of 5 sitting in front of me, all wearing their Sunday best(I guess they came straight from church) We started conversing with each other, mainly because we were surrounded by loud, obnoxious Bengals fans.

During our conversation he made it perfectly clear that he wanted Vick back in Atlanta. He said Vick was the reason that his family started following the Falcons. During the game, Ryan threw a perfect loft pass that went just over the Bengals SS right into the arms of Finn. I leaned over and told him that Vick could never make that pass, his response was Vick wouldn't need to because he would have ran for the first.

With that our conversation began to get somewhat heated. I brought up the fact Vick never had back to back winning seasons, that he admitted to not studying or even caring about his football team. He countered saying that Vick brought "a new element" to the fan-base with his style of play.

When I brought up the fact that Ryan gave the Falcons a better chance to win football games than Vick, his response about floored me. He said "I don't care about all that, I want my son to watch a black quarterback!":huh:

That was the end of our conversation.

TRUE STORY

I was at the game last year against the Bengals. There was a family of 5 sitting in front of me, all wearing their Sunday best(I guess they came straight from church) We started conversing with each other, mainly because we were surrounded by loud, obnoxious Bengals fans.

During our conversation he made it perfectly clear that he wanted Vick back in Atlanta. He said Vick was the reason that his family started following the Falcons. During the game, Ryan threw a perfect loft pass that went just over the Bengals SS right into the arms of Finn. I leaned over and told him that Vick could never make that pass, his response was Vick wouldn't need to because he would have ran for the first.

With that our conversation began to get somewhat heated. I brought up the fact Vick never had back to back winning seasons, that he admitted to not studying or even caring about his football team. He countered saying that Vick brought "a new element" to the fan-base with his style of play.

When I brought up the fact that Ryan gave the Falcons a better chance to win football games than Vick, his response about floored me. He said "I don't care about all that, I want my son to watch a black quarterback!":huh:

TRUE STORY

Thats crazy, but honestly who cares? If some one told me I was wrong for liking something for whatever reason, id tell em to kiss my ***. Im glad vick is gone, but I'm not gonna argue with some one who likes him for whatever reason. Its their time and money, not mine

This is the most racist prejudice **** I have ever read and I could care less if I get banned. I am a young black male and not every black person is so infatuated with Vick. I love Vick but I am a falcons fan and will be the 1st to admit that Ryan is a better quarterback leader and teammate than Vick. But for you to sit here and categorize Vick and all black people to like "thugs, violence, bad boys" is ridiculous and you should be banned.

Thats crazy, but honestly who cares? If some one told me I was wrong for liking something for whatever reason, id tell em to kiss my ***. Im glad vick is gone, but I'm not gonna argue with some one who likes him for whatever reason. Its their time and money, not mine

I never said "I cared" I said that there's certain people who will continue to support Vick because of the color of his skin and nothing else.

Could you imagine if I had told that guy that I wanted to watch a white quarterback. What do you think would have happened?

Just hypothesizing about it on a MB could be viewed as quasi-racist.

I never said "I cared" I said that there's certain people who will continue to support Vick because of the color of his skin and nothing else.

Could you imagine if I had told that guy that I wanted to watch a white quarterback. What do you think would have happened?

Just hypothesizing about it on a MB could be viewed as quasi-racist.

No it doesn't make you out to be racist if you come out with a well thought out response like you did. The troll poster above however is what turns things bad in a split second.

Just like you I have had experiences with fans that judged him over race.

I was at a bar during happy hour before preseason started in 07 and this guy was ranting about how we shouldn't have gotten rid of Shaub because it's a proven fact that black qbs are too stupid to play the position and should only do the more grueling jobs like play running back or play defense. The bartender had him thrown out because he was about to start a raucous inside.

I'm pretty sure there as much people that love vick due to race as there are that hated him over race.

This is the most racist prejudice **** I have ever read and I could care less if I get banned. I am a young black male and not every black person is so infatuated with Vick. I love Vick but I am a falcons fan and will be the 1st to admit that Ryan is a better quarterback leader and teammate than Vick. But for you to sit here and categorize Vick and all black people to like "thugs, violence, bad boys" is ridiculous and you should be banned.

Well I agree the person should not put all black people in his statements about Vic.

I hope Vic well in his life now and that he has grown up from what he has been through. If Vic is coming back to Atlanta and saying he wants revenge then he has not changed at all. He is still looking to cause trouble. He will never be as good as he could be if he does not start looking at himself and saying what can I do to help make this team better. Not what can I do to make me look better. So much talent should not have been wasted; he could have made Atlanta a powerhouse.

Instead he helped toss this team in the trash. If I would have been his teammate and he did what he did while I was playing. I would have been mad enough to have taken him out back and made sure he would never set foot on the field again. Because I would have been busting my tail risking my health to find out he was just going through the motions. In other words he was only about himself. He should apologize to the Falcons organization as a whole for his actions. If he has any decentcy about him he should payback the Falcons for the money he took. I have been a fan of the Falcons for over 35 years and have never seen anything as low and dirty as when he played here. I told all my friends after Vic’s 3rd year here this team will not do anything while he is playing as QB. I could see his it’s all about me attitude all over the place. That won’t work in a team sport.

No it doesn't make you out to be racist if you come out with a well thought out response like you did. The troll poster above however is what turns things bad in a split second.

Just like you I have had experiences with fans that judged him over race.

I was at a bar during happy hour before preseason started in 07 and this guy was ranting about how we shouldn't have gotten rid of Shaub because it's a proven fact that black qbs are too stupid to play the position and should only do the more grueling jobs like play running back or play defense. The bartender had him thrown out because he was about to start a raucous inside.

I'm pretty sure there as much people that love vick due to race as there are that hated him over race.

You're right, it certainly goes both ways. But I bet the people who complained about Vick at QB still supported the TEAM and went to the games, because they were Falcon fans before Vick. They might have grumbled, and are "racist" in their own way, but their butts were probably still in the stands.

Some people who went to the games when Vick was here do not go to the games anymore, and were probably not Falcon fans to begin with. The extra butts that Vick put in the seats when the dome sold out were there for him only. He didn't make the Falcons more popular and relevant, they just wanted to see Vick.

Same as the "Falcon" fans who packed the dome and rooted for Vick when the Eagles came to town, and will do the same again this year. Same as the "Falcon" fans who cheered when Chandler got hurt, so they could see Vick play.

Reminds me of the idiot "falcons fan" in front of me at the Niners game last year. He kept yelling to bring MV7 back after every missed pass. He left before we won the game. You try to ignore it, but these fake falcons fans really ruin the game for the true fans. I would rather have some good ol heated banter with fans from the opposing team then deal with these idiots. Its impossible to argue with em.

Anyways, lets have TRUE Falcons fans show up in week 2 and show Philly the door.

TRUE STORY

well i think i saw my answer with the responses, and to be honest with you from what i have seen i am happy that the only chance i get to see the falcons live will be in dallas our houston, i have talked with some texan fans they are really good ppl (may even tailgate with some at the texans game) but it was a simple question on how the crowd was with matt ryan, when vick was there we had a home field advantage. i saw vick's return on tv, it was like playing in philly from what i could see. as much as i loved vick when he was here the heat between "falcons fans" have become like a bitter rival over vick fans and ryan fans, from what i have seen it looks like the dome would be even worse than it was in the graziani days so i am fearful for the safety of fans during the week 2 game. Like i said, i am glad my live falcons experiances will no longer be in the house that mike vick built.

Guest Gritz

Sure, some of Vick's fans and supporters love him because he's black. Big deal. I don't care about that fact much one way or another....It actually seems kind of natural to me. A lot of people though (myself included) became fans of Vick because of his electrifying way of playing football. This guy had (and still has to a certain degree) the physical skill set to redefine the position.

It's not the same experience with Matt Ryan. He's a really good quarterback but his skill set doesn't rival Vick's. That's not a slam against Ryan nor is it a nut-hugging comment about Vick. It's a pretty obvious review of their respective physical capabilities.

It's like as a batter being faced with a guy who has a darting, 100 MPH fastball and then having to get used to the next guy who throws 85 MPH off speed stuff......Both guys can win and be effective....

The first guy is just more dynamic and maybe more exciting to watch.

If you are a Falcons fan, pulling for, supporting, or admitting you still love Michael Vick is like going to hang with your sister's ex-husband after he beat and raped her. Vick is the enemy, he plays for the enemy, and should always be considered so.

I'll come to peace with that scumbag when he and his teammates are beaten into a fine paste on the Georgia Dome turf.

i wasn't trying to compare the two together as players, just wondered how the dome atmosphere was with matt ryan at the helm in the post vick era, i was there at the dome before vick and with vick and there has never been a home field advantage like the 1 with vick. fans seem to be torn apart with matt ryan and mike vick, i was at the game where the crowd cheered when chandler went down and vick came in, we lost 31-3 that game, vick fumbled twice and threw 2 interceptions, 1 fumble was returned for a td