80+ Dead in Norway

crazy

indeed

The guy is really puzzling. I heard he actually is the owner of a rather large company with 800 employees. He had no connections with any neonazis, he was "just" a rather conservative dude. He had normal interests and was highly educated. But just the fact that he was able to start his own business with 800 people employed and then being able to become a monster and kill 80 people... just weird.

How do hundreds of people allow one guy to shoot and kill 80 people? Everybody just rush him together and beat him to death. Really sad story.

It's because he was shooting pre-teens, it was a youth camp. :( He was dressed as a police officer. The death toll is at 91 now. I'm glad that they arrested the shooter, and he wasn't able to take the coward's way out and commit suicide. I don't know if Norway has capital punishment or not though.

cnn.com

"The hundreds of teens and young adults attending the camp were gathered in a large meeting room where camp organizers were sharing information about the bombing in Oslo when the police officer asked if he could address the group, Pracon said.

"We, of course, allowed him to come" in and talk to those assembled, Pracon said.

It was then that the man started shooting.

What followed, Pracon says, was panic and chaos as some campers ran from the shooter, while others went toward the man because they believed it was a drill or a test.

Many who fled ran toward the shore, jumping into the water to try to swim the three-fourths of a mile between the island and the mainland."

It's because he was shooting pre-teens, it was a youth camp. :( He was dressed as a police officer. The death toll is at 91 now. I'm glad that they arrested the shooter, and he wasn't able to take the coward's way out and commit suicide. I don't know if Norway has capital punishment or not though.

cnn.com

"The hundreds of teens and young adults attending the camp were gathered in a large meeting room where camp organizers were sharing information about the bombing in Oslo when the police officer asked if he could address the group, Pracon said.

"We, of course, allowed him to come" in and talk to those assembled, Pracon said.

It was then that the man started shooting.

What followed, Pracon says, was panic and chaos as some campers ran from the shooter, while others went toward the man because they believed it was a drill or a test.

Many who fled ran toward the shore, jumping into the water to try to swim the three-fourths of a mile between the island and the mainland."

I really want to say natural selection....

running towards the guy shooting at you???

really

really

Classy.

I know, but still...

I get the panic, but I really dont see how someone couldnt process holy **** that dudes shooting at me, I shouldn't run towards him

I was wondering who would be the first to post that, I figured it would be julian. So much for assumptions

So what you're saying is you thought about it too

Edited by Zodiac

I know, but still...

I get the panic, but I really dont see how someone couldnt process holy **** that dudes shooting at me, I shouldn't run towards him

So what you're saying is you thought about it too

I don't think anyone that wasn't in that situation can comment on what they would or wouldn't do. Especially considering these were young people...

So from all different sources, the guy was a.) very conservative b.) a devout christian c.) didn´t like muslims d.) a fanatic supporter of isreal and e.) had his own business and f.) hated the government.

Sounds familiar?

Sure does....sounds like an Ed Schultz opening monologue right before his cheese slides off his cracker