No. 1 Jessie Tuggle vs. No. 3 Deion Sanders

JayAdams

I grew up playing like and wanting to be like Lawrence and Jenkins...especially Jenkins since he attended MBC which is where I eventually would end up playing drums as a MARCHING WOLVERINE...."Stickin' Sensation"... ;)

The guys were really good and a lot of fun to watch. People ask me a lot of times how I stuck by such a "sorry" team and was so loyal for so long. I have enjoyed these teams - these players over the years.

Did I want the victories and the glory? Of course I did - all fans do. However, there were moments in the history of the Falcons that I'll never forget. I got to watch some of the most amazing players and plays that a lot of people just missed because they dismissed our team.

I can remember some hits that made my teeth hurt just watching them - some moves that made my jaw drop in amazement and some catches or throws that just shut you up.

Falcons history may not be a winning history - but we've had some winning players - some absolutely winning moments and I've got memories of those moments that I wouldn't trade for anything.

We are going to get that Lombardi - I can feel it more now than I ever have in the history of the Falcons - and I believe this is the regime to bring it to us. When we do - I hope I'm still alive to see it and enjoy it - because it will make all those agonized years where we fell short as a team worth it all. Even if I don't - I don't have any regrets for being a Falcon fan - I've seen some amazing stuff over the past 45 years.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys were really good and a lot of fun to watch. People ask me a lot of times how I stuck by such a "sorry" team and was so loyal for so long. I have enjoyed these teams - these players over the years.

Did I want the victories and the glory? Of course I did - all fans do. However, there were moments in the history of the Falcons that I'll never forget. I got to watch some of the most amazing players and plays that a lot of people just missed because they dismissed our team.

I can remember some hits that made my teeth hurt just watching them - some moves that made my jaw drop in amazement and some catches or throws that just shut you up.

Falcons history may not be a winning history - but we've had some winning players - some absolutely winning moments and I've got memories of those moments that I wouldn't trade for anything.

We are going to get that Lombardi - I can feel it more now than I ever have in the history of the Falcons - and I believe this is the regime to bring it to us. When we do - I hope I'm still alive to see it and enjoy it - because it will make all those agonized years where we fell short as a team worth it all. Even if I don't - I don't have any regrets for being a Falcon fan - I've seen some amazing stuff over the past 45 years.

IKR...how long have you been a STH?

IKR...how long have you been a STH?

I got my ST in '71 - and held them until I moved away. I still kept them most of the time - but I finally dropped them because I just thought that was easier. I didn't have them for about 6 years - and then when we decided to move back - I put my name on the waiting list and got them again and have had them since then.

So - all together, it started 40 years ago - but I've only had them a total of 34 years.

I got my ST in '71 - and held them until I moved away. I still kept them most of the time - but I finally dropped them because I just thought that was easier. I didn't have them for about 6 years - and then when we decided to move back - I put my name on the waiting list and got them again and have had them since then.

So - all together, it started 40 years ago - but I've only had them a total of 34 years.

Wow!!

Well like I said two weeks ago, might as well shut this thing down and crown Jesse.

Deion doesn't have a chance. Too many haters.

I am pleased to see two of my fav Falcons in the finals.

The only one I would add is Tommy "Mr. Falcon" Nobis.

Those are the top three Falcons of all time in my opinion.

Crown Jesse now. He is the man.

All three belong in the HOF and ROF. Trust me.

tuggle has done more for this franchise more than deion could ever hope. The word exciting is being thrown around in a wreckless sentimental way. Turner is not very exciting, but I will bet you that he will retire as one of the best falcon RB's ever if not the best.

Tuggs helped bring us hard hits, exceptional play at the most important defensive position, and a career long track of success all as a falcon for added bonus. Not to mention, he was on the lone SB team we've ever sent. If he doesn't win this poll, then this organization might aswell move to California because that would a traversy and a sad day for football.

Edited by osiruz

The word exciting is being thrown around in a wreckless sentimental way.

Response:

3+ years a Falcon-retired-stats not overwhelming decision-how the player endeared himself to you

That was the criteria. Sentiments would be the leading cause for a fan to vote for whomever. This was not a contest to pick the most "PC" Falcon. If JT integrity endeared you to him great. If DS being the most electrfying Falcon gets him the nod great.

Personal Rant:

Not all Falcon fans grew up in Georgia or its viewing area. Those of us not able to follow the Falcons regionally where introduced to the team by players like DS. Who brought a lot of exposure to the team...new fans.

The genesis of a fans Falconhood should not be judged by when they became a Falcon or how long...whose their favorite of all-time. Sighting that fans, not privy to the entirety of the Falcons history, have less say or understanding is arrogant and pompous at best.

As a Falcon fan, I'm just glad we have team that has been able to generate interest through consistent play(F/O with a win mentality)...not 1 super-star, Hammer(MC) , the Dirty Bird, and player/coach controversies.

Neon Deion

However, just as a side note. There is no perfect voting system (Arrow's Theorem), and as a result, a Falcon may have been incorrectly ranked.

That may not be true.

Each vote was a subset of two, therefore Arrow's Theorem doesn't apply.

Now the fact people could vote multiple times makes me agree with you, but that has nothing to do with Arrow's Theorem which states its only in relations of three or more choices.

That may not be true.

Each vote was a subset of two, therefore Arrow's Theorem doesn't apply.

Now the fact people could vote multiple times makes me agree with you, but that has nothing to do with Arrow's Theorem which states its only in relations of three or more choices.

In total, there were more than 3 choices. Yes we broke it down via 1v1, but Arrow's Theorem still holds.

In total, there were more than 3 choices. Yes we broke it down via 1v1, but Arrow's Theorem still holds.

Thats a bit disingenuous with releations to sets.

Arrows Theorem should not be considered when the poll was sets of two. Each instance repersents a single poll.

Just because each instance leads to the final poll has nothing to do with individual sets.

Its the same as flipping a coin.

Everytime you flip you have a 50% chance to gets heads regardless of how many times you flip it.

Edited by BadMoonRising

Thats a bit disingenuous with releations to sets.

Arrows Theorem should not be considered when the poll was sets of two. Each instance repersents a single poll.

Just because each instance leads to the final poll has nothing to do with individual sets.

Its the same as flipping a coin.

Everytime you flip you have a 50% chance to gets heads regardless of how many times you flip it.

Arrows Theorem holds. It's been proven over and over again. Just look it up. I'd give you blank check if you can find a perfect voting system that isn't a dictatorship in which one guy calls the shots. It's basic math. I'm being dead serious here, but if you find a perfect voting system, you'd win the Nobel Prize. It would completely transform the entire world. Every voting system would use your system.

Just think about it, lets say we have 4 people: A, B, C, D.

Let's say that we pit A vs. B and C vs. D and get the results A>B and C>D. Now we take A vs. C (i.e. the winners) and let's say the outcome was A>C. That means A should win right?

Wrong, because it could be possible that D>A.

Why? Let's examine these closer. For simplicity, let's say there are 3 voters and these are their preferences:

1: A>B>C>D

2: B>C>D>A

3: D>A>C>B

As you can see the above example holds. Yet there is no clear winner.

We can talk more if you want. You can come up with an infinite amount of permutations of the above voting scheme, but in the end, you can never be sure that the system is fair. There will always be the chance that you will not have a clear winner. There's all kinds of voting systems but all have its flaws. People have sat and thought about this for centuries and all they can come up with are things like the Borda count or Condorcet method.

Arrows Theorem holds. It's been proven over and over again. Just look it up. I'd give you blank check if you can find a perfect voting system that isn't a dictatorship in which one guy calls the shots. It's basic math. I'm being dead serious here, but if you find a perfect voting system, you'd win the Nobel Prize. It would completely transform the entire world. Every voting system would use your system.

Just think about it, lets say we have 4 people: A, B, C, D.

Let's say that we pit A vs. B and C vs. D and get the results A>B and C>D. Now we take A vs. C (i.e. the winners) and let's say the outcome was A>C. That means A should win right?

Wrong, because it could be possible that D>A.

Why? Let's examine these closer. For simplicity, let's say there are 3 voters and these are their preferences:

1: A>B>C>D

2: B>C>D>A

3: D>A>C>B

As you can see the above example holds. Yet there is no clear winner.

We can talk more if you want. You can come up with an infinite amount of permutations of the above voting scheme, but in the end, you can never be sure that the system is fair. There will always be the chance that you will not have a clear winner. There's all kinds of voting systems but all have its flaws. People have sat and thought about this for centuries and all they can come up with are things like the Borda count or Condorcet method.

I am enjoying this, my respect for you is going up. I am not disproving Arrows Theorem. I am claiming it can not be applied to the poll nothing more.

Arrows Theorem is what it is.

A vs B = Arrows Theorem doesn't apply

C vs D = Arrows Theorem doesn't apply

A vs D = Arrows Theorem doesn't apply.

Arrows Theorem only goes into effect with three or more choices.

Have you been researching this because of politics? if so nice.

I am enjoying this, my respect for you is going up. I am not disproving Arrows Theorem. I am claiming it can not be applied to the poll nothing more.

Arrows Theorem is what it is.

A vs B = Arrows Theorem doesn't apply

C vs D = Arrows Theorem doesn't apply

A vs D = Arrows Theorem doesn't apply.

Arrows Theorem only goes into effect with three or more choices.

Have you been researching this because of politics? if so nice.

But like I pointed out, the whole set of individuals is more than 2. It doesn't matter how you break them down in attemp to find a consensus top guy. I gave you an example earlier of how breaking them down in to 1 v 1 can result in a flawed vote.