No football yet....but we have new turf.

falken

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) - The Atlanta Falcons will soon have new turf to use and abuse. On Tuesday, crews will begin the two-week process of installing a new playing surface at the Georgia Dome. FieldTurf will provide and install the turf.

fieldturf.jpg

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) - The Atlanta Falcons will soon have new turf to use and abuse. On Tuesday, crews will begin the two-week process of installing a new playing surface at the Georgia Dome. FieldTurf will provide and install the turf.

fieldturf.jpg

Great now Turner can christen the new turf with fresh drag marks :D :D :D :D.

I saw a local news story on this Tuesday. We were one of the first teams to get Field Turf.

Now we are one of the first to get _____ Turf. I think they called it Premium Turf, Super Turf or something like that. Cool.

Just a couple years before we plant grass at Northside and Ivan Allen (Simpson Road - across from where the car wash used to be). :wacko:

The Georgia Dome is a **** fine place to watch football. The new field and especially the seats look great. I know everyone likes outside football, and while it is nice most days, I'm reminded of a game in the 1980's at AFCS when it was 12 degrees and there was a stiff breeze blowing. My feet were so frozen I contemplated pouring hot chocolate over them!

The Georgia Dome is a **** fine place to watch football. The new field and especially the seats look great. I know everyone likes outside football, and while it is nice most days, I'm reminded of a game in the 1980's at AFCS when it was 12 degrees and there was a stiff breeze blowing. My feet were so frozen I contemplated pouring hot chocolate over them!

LOL, I was at that game too. I had one of the big coats on, you know the old ones, that made you look like the Michelin Man! Thank God I had it! You know you can sneak in over a six pack in under one of those!!!!!

I think most folks understand that. I think it's the many times Blank has come out and said that the Falcons rank in the bottom 3rd in the NFL in revenue because of the Dome not being up to par with all the new stadiums that have been built since the Dome was. People don't realize that the Falcons have one of the oldest stadiums in the NFL when you think about it. The

1. Cowboys

2. Redskins

3. Eagles

4. Giants

5. Lions

6. Buccaneers

7. Panthers

8. Cardinals

9. Seahawks

10. Patriots

11. Jets

12. Steelers

13. Ravens

14. Browns

15. Bengals

16. Colts

17. Titans

18. Texans

19. Broncos

all play in stadiums that have been built since the Dome opened for play in 1992. 3 teams (Bears, Packers, Jaguars) all play in stadiums that are older than the Dome but have undergone major renovations since the Dome opened.

The same can be said about the Braves. They have the 3rd oldest stadium in the NL behind the Dodgers and Cubs.