if snelling leaves...

Should we take a look at tiki barber? i know he is 36 and all but i bet he's still have something left to give. I'd sign him for the vet min. and allow him to take snellings role. I'd say give him a 1 year contract then draft a rb with our first pick next year. I also feel like he could come in and help turner teach quizz. I know this is kind of far fetched but im getting tired of all the cb talk of aso lol. It's about time we start talking about other potential FA's we could sign

Why? Why would you sign a 36 year old as a backup to the easiest position to fill in the NFL? There will be better undrafted players to back up Turner.

And bring him in to teach our runningback to teach our other runningback? What sense does that even make?

I agree. If we lose Snelling, I would like us to take a look at Mario Fannin. He runs a 4.37 with 21 reps and a 37.5 vert. He can run between the tackles and catch the ball. He could back Ovie up at fullback too.

He'd be a nice undrafted player to get as insurance.

Why? Why would you sign a 36 year old as a backup to the easiest position to fill in the NFL? There will be better undrafted players to back up Turner.

And bring him in to teach our runningback to teach our other runningback? What sense does that even make?

I've heard this said a lot and I kind of buy it, BUT

where were those GOOD easy to find RBs last season when Norwood went down,

surely not A. Smith or G. Johnson

Edited by delaigle

1. Michael Turner

2. Jacquizz Rodgers

Last year they carried 4 RBs on the active roster. Who are your other 2?

Norwood, A. Smith, G. Johnson which 2?

I look at Rogers as more of a replacement for Norwood not Snelling or Turner,

But I admit I do not have any idea about 2011

Edited by delaigle

Last year they carried 4 RBs on the active roster. Who are your other 2?

Norwood, A. Smith, G. Johnson which 2?

I look at Rogers as more of a replacement for Norwood not Snelling or Turner,

But I admit I do not have any idea about 2011

Smith and Johnson...I cant see Norwood back when they have Quizz

Smith and Johnson...I cant see Norwood back when they have Quizz

Have you looked at Smith and Johnson stats for 2010???

Smith was useless and Johnson was not much better

OK I do not know what they did on ST

But I do not think I would want to see Smith or Johnson in the game week to week

if Turner or Rogers get hurt for a couple of games

I think it would be really important to bring back Snelling to benefit Turner. We need Turner for a few more years, and to hold that long we must lessen his load. Those carries between the tackles can be given to Snelling, and on the outside the carries could be given to Quizz. Surely would still be our primary back by far, but sharing the load should only be a positive for the Burner.

They weren't going to pick up another powerback when Norwood went down. We had Turner and Snelling

Of course not, they had A. Smith as Norwqood's backup and added G. Johnson when Norwood went down.

Neither are power runners.

OK Johnson is a tweener, part power runner part scatback.

BUT neither Smith or Johnson did anything all year, Johnson did have a decent ypc but very few carries.

But I wonder why he had so few carries.

I'm just saying there did not seem to be GOOD RBs out there to replace Norwood.

Like many I had always thought picking up an RB was relatively easy.

ADDED Not only did they have Turner and Snelling but my fellow Wake Forest alumni can carry the ball if needed. Many talk about Snelling as a backup FB but Ovie is a GOOD power back as well.

Edited by delaigle

The thing about Snelling is that he is the backup FB. If Ovie gets injured then we have no fullback if Snelling is gone. I think if Snelling goes somewhere else they will sign someone who can play RB/FB.

Mario Fannin looks to have potential, but I seem to recall that he fumbles a lot. I don't think they will take a chance on a RB who fumbles. If he didn't have a fumble issue he probably would be a great replacement. I think I remember that he is a good blocker.

I've been a fan of Steve Slaton since I saw him play UGA in the Ga. Dome. I'm a UGA fan so that's weird to say because he and Pat White made UGA's defense look terrible. I will just say that I was blown away by him in that game, but didn't actually become a fan until after that game, lol. I don't think he could be a backup FB though.

Definitely no to Tiki Barber. We need to keep Snelling.

Let me start this off with i want Snelling back but no disrespect to Snelling those who are using the FB thing as a major plus.. I cant remember the last time ive seen him line up as a FB lead blocker role.... In 09 when ovi went down.. We signed a FA off the street (Verron Haynes) .. We also used some of TEs (and even Fin) in a fullback blocking role

I want Snelling back.... No doubt... But i do think he is replaceable if we have to

Let me start this off with i want Snelling back but no disrespect to Snelling those who are using the FB thing as a major plus.. I cant remember the last time ive seen him line up as a FB lead blocker role.... In 09 when ovi went down.. We signed a FA off the street (Verron Haynes) .. We also used some of TEs (and even Fin) in a fullback blocking role

I want Snelling back.... No doubt... But i do think he is replaceable if we have to

To add to what you're saying. We never use him as a fullback anyways, he's a great guy to relieve Turner every few downs, but he has shown when he gets a full load he is not a starter.

I don't want to lose him, but he isn't a starter that I think teams will be begging to sign either