Who are your breakout players? (pre camp edition)

MattM12

...pretty obvious  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Offense

2. 2. Defense

• Sid
    • Moore
    • Franks
    • Spoon
    • Jerry
    • Peters
    • Beerman
    • Owens
    • Schillinger
    • Cliff Matthews
    • Dent

It has become clear to me that we have been reduced to actually listening and replying to Mr Right, Swift and Dtan (and his many pseudonyms... i know, big word Dtan, go look it up)

Anyone else sick of that?

How about we all select one player from O, one from D. Who is going to step their game up this year.

If you choose a slight vet, he has to be on the way to big time.

If you pick a rookie, he has to contribute heavily, and show some big time talent.

Lets get some opinions and predictions out there ladies and gents.

Have at it.

O: My man Kerry Meier. I love the route running, the smarts, the hands... the no glove look. I expect him to contribute on 3rd and short in a big way, maybe even a few TDs. Hoping the knee is ok, and wishing him full health through camp.

D: Willy Mo... 2 words. Pro Bowl. Yup, I said it, next question.

It looks like we will lose some O-linemen, so i hope Hawley, Johnson or Reynolds will step up. Somehow i believe the most in Hawley, but it should be interesting to follow all three in camp, preseason and perhaps the regular season.

On defense, my money is on mr Weatherspoon. Last year he flashed moments of greatness, and if he can avoid injuries, he should come up big. IMO Moore broke out last year, and i believe Jerry should be a vital player in the middle.

Mike Johnson on offesne, who you dont have listed. He will be a starting OG for us and our best one. Kid is like Dahl with talent.

On defense, I am thinking Peria Jerry. Been a fan of his since Ole Miss, and stinks the injury sidelining the fan base from understanding what kind of player we have. He is a better prospect than Babinueax, so I am excited to see what he can do!

On defense, my money is on mr Weatherspoon. Last year he flashed moments of greatness, and if he can avoid injuries, he should come up big. IMO Moore broke out last year, and i believe Jerry should be a vital player in the middle.

This was my line of thinking. I feel more had a breakout year last year. Yesterday I posted his stats compared to Pro Bowlers and pretty much the elite. Not bad, not bad numbers at all. As far as the impact comparisons, he will get there. Last year was pretty much his rookie year. A year under his belt and we see better numbers across the board because of quicker diagnosis' and quicker reaction time, more instinct.

That's why my player that I picked is Spoon. He did make an impact on the defense. The defense really did play more aggressive with him in there. I think in the next 2-3 years, he or Willy Mo will be the defensive captains as Abe transitions. I'm sorry but 5-0 will be overtaken. He will not be out there on every down as Willy Mo and Spoon will be.

apologies on missing out Johnson, we have a few young kids who are ready to step up. That is going to be one heck of a camp battle.

Agreed on Jerry, I really hope that beast mode comes out of him like Ole Miss.

Spoon has got everything you would want in a linebacker (tackling can be a bit shaky sometimes), and a whole year in the system and a healthy body could see him blowing up