What Was The Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You thought those two were better than The 6th Sense? I thought it was a masterpiece, then Unbreakable was good, and Signs was OK, and the Village was pretty bad, and unlike most everyone else, I just decided to cut my losses there and not watch anymore of his movies, cause I could see where it was headed.

All I ever saw was The villiage. Dude is dead to me.

All I ever saw was The villiage. Dude is dead to me.

The 6th Sense is widely regarded as a classic, and the reason he got to make all those other movies. It's very much worth watching, regardless of feelings about his other movies.

Sometimes in film you get a true one hit wonder.

Richard Kelly is one, and so is M. Night Shyamalan.

You thought those two were better than The 6th Sense? I thought it was a masterpiece, then Unbreakable was good, and Signs was OK, and the Village was pretty bad, and unlike most everyone else, I just decided to cut my losses there and not watch anymore of his movies, cause I could see where it was headed.

The thing about the 6th Sense to me was it has no replay value, once the twist is revealed, it's amazing at first but no real reason to watch it again. I've watched Signs tons of times and that movie is genuinely creepy to me. And I liked the story for the Village, but I was disappointed initially. I just thought the premise was really good. He didn't lose me fully until The Happening. I was able to enjoy Lady in the Water because of Paul Giamatti.

2mw7ct2-710410.jpg

Seriously Black Swan gave me chills when I was done watching it. That was a morbidly brilliant movie.

It was morbidly awful. I could not stand it. It was transparent as heck! I was so angry at having wasted my time watching it that I banned my wife from picking movies for us for a few weeks. It was loathesome garbage.

I asked what you DIDN'T like.

So far all I've gotten from you is that it was transparent. What do you mean, exactly?

LOL!!! It was very predictable (transparent). I didn't like ANYTHING about it. Nothing at all. Nothing against you for liking it. Man, bottom line...it sucked.

I was miserable with boredom and figured the whole movie out in the first 25 minutes (which didn't surprise my wife). I just hated it. Its one of the bad things about having reading and writing as hobbies. The more complex the screenplay, you'll find in books most commonly.

LOL!!! It was very predictable (transparent). I didn't like ANYTHING about it. Nothing at all. Nothing against you for liking it. Man, bottom line...it sucked.

I was miserable with boredom and figured the whole movie out in the first 25 minutes (which didn't surprise my wife). I just hated it. Its one of the bad things about having reading and writing as hobbies. The more complex the screenplay, you'll find in books most commonly.

I understand what transparent means, thanks. I just wanted you to be more specific, because I was curious.

I don't completely disagree with the film being predictable. But I thought the ride to the end was pretty darn intense.

Black Swan was extremely good in my opinion. It felt like American Psycho with Ballerinas. In my experience with people that don't like Black Swan, and I've had quite a few, it's usually people that like cookie cutter things like Grown Ups or Transformers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy generic films with little depth to them but I know what they are. Reindeer Games is a pretty bad movie, but I love it. Dark movies like Black Swan that take you out of your comfort zone and make you think a little more seem to be frowned upon by that group.

Not to say Knight is of that group, just the people I have seen that have told me they don't like it.

Black Swan was extremely good in my opinion. It felt like American Psycho with Ballerinas. In my experience with people that don't like Black Swan, and I've had quite a few, it's usually people that like cookie cutter things like Grown Ups or Transformers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy generic films with little depth to them but I know what they are. Reindeer Games is a pretty bad movie, but I love it. Dark movies like Black Swan that take you out of your comfort zone and make you think a little more seem to be frowned upon by that group.

Not to say Knight is of that group, just the people I have seen that have told me they don't like it.

Haven't seen Grown Ups and it probably isn't my style. Hated Transformers too LOL!!! My favorite movies usually have depth, circumstantial elements, and a few other things. LOVED American Psycho BTW. I saw a few similarities, but Black Swan was just annoying IMO. Maybe it was the acting or the cast, or even the overall plot. I found it to be VERY predictable, but I've seen movies of that ilk quite a few times and actually wrote a similar story for college...when I was 18 LOL!!!

If I had started a thread about favorite movies of all time I'd have to honestly say that it would be American History X.

I understand what transparent means, thanks. I just wanted you to be more specific, because I was curious.

I don't completely disagree with the film being predictable. But I thought the ride to the end was pretty darn intense.

I felt zero intensity other than the anger in the back of my neck for sitting through it. I honestly wanted to turn it off right there.

Haven't seen Grown Ups and it probably isn't my style. Hated Transformers too LOL!!! My favorite movies usually have depth, circumstantial elements, and a few other things. LOVED American Psycho BTW. I saw a few similarities, but Black Swan was just annoying IMO. Maybe it was the acting or the cast, or even the overall plot. I found it to be VERY predictable, but I've seen movies of that ilk quite a few times and actually wrote a similar story for college...when I was 18 LOL!!!

If I had started a thread about favorite movies of all time I'd have to honestly say that it would be American History X.

American History X is a great flick. I definitely wasn't convinced of Black Swans candidacy for Best Film, but I was totally convinced that Natalie Portman deserved Best Actress. The movie may have been a little more praised than it should have been but I felt it was a very good film. And I'm not really the biggest fan of Darren Aronofsky (except that I loved The Wrestler.) but I didn't care for Requiem for a Dream at all (though it had great performances, I couldn't connect or sympathize with the characters because I'm not ******** like they were lol.)

American History X is a great flick. I definitely wasn't convinced of Black Swans candidacy for Best Film, but I was totally convinced that Natalie Portman deserved Best Actress. The movie may have been a little more praised than it should have been but I felt it was a very good film. And I'm not really the biggest fan of Darren Aronofsky (except that I loved The Wrestler.) but I didn't care for Requiem for a Dream at all (though it had great performances, I couldn't connect or sympathize with the characters because I'm not ******** like they were lol.)

The Wrestler was amazing. Great story and very believable. A lot of movies that I see getting awards are not in my taste though.

• 5 weeks later...

I felt zero intensity other than the anger in the back of my neck for sitting through it. I honestly wanted to turn it off right there.

I watched Black Swan last night. I have to say that I agree with you 100%. I think it was the most overrated movie I've seen in a long time.