Norwood Says He’s Healthy and Ready for 2011

If the front office is really dedicated to making the offense more explosive, then I don't see how the front office doesn't retain Norwood's services, granted he wants to stay and realizes he's a veteran RB with an injury history...

He's worth more to the Falcons than the vet minimum with his familiarity of the offense...

Norwood is a playmaker however given how we treated Laurent Robinson, I wouldn't be surprised if we allowed Norwood to walk.

Yeah, we treated Laurent Robinson, soooooo badly. GTFO here with that BS. Laurent Robinson was then and still is a very injury-prone player. To my recollection, he still hasn't played a full season for the Rams since joining them.

Robinson and Norwood are in the same boat: both are great when healthy, but their constant injuries make them a liability in the long run.

i dont see us resigning (drafted quizz) or getting much value for norwood, which is a shame because most of us like him and when he is healthy he can be an explosive player

some team will be willing to sign him and take a risk with him. hopefully it doesnt come back to bite us in the arse

Not to mention he is a stand up guy. You don't hear anything about him mouthing off on the field or getting in trouble off the field.

I think the Falcons have completely move on from Jerious....I don't think it's even a remote possibility that he'll be back.

Do you think he compete at camp or as soon as things shake out with FA, he's a gonner. Typically, by now FA would've happened, so they would have reported to their new teams right?

Do you think he compete at camp or as soon as things shake out with FA, he's a gonner. Typically, by now FA would've happened, so they would have reported to their new teams right?

I don't think the Falcons will offer him a contract because they drafted a third down back. He'll catch on somewhere though, he's shown too much explosiveness in the past for everybody to pass on him.