For those who have dealt with Hastring Injuries

I believe that i only pulled my left hamstring (i felt a pop and it is located very high almost an inch below the buttock),and it has been 2 weeks and 5 days to be exact. Ive gone to therapists almost every day and they had me start on a bike, stretch lightly, and then an ultra sound after for the first week. Then ive started last week doing more stretches and worked the leg a little more same goes for this past week. I feel almost at 80% speed when i run but am afraid if i hit that last gear it might pull again or something. I do feel tightness when i hit that percent or try to go above it a bit. Is this normal or is it just my head and i can actually go full speed. i really would like to know because i need to be back for my team in baseball. Thanks.

Man I've never hurt my hamstring before but I've had various other injuries, lower back injuries, ankle injuries...anyways. I think honestly one of the hardest parts to get over was the mental part of the injury. For example I still hesitate to go all the way down for squats because I'm afraid of hurting my lower back. My best advice is listen to your body and keep trying to get your hamstrings stronger. Also have you done any resistance training for your hamstring?

Honestly there are a few guys in here that could answer this better but I think you should just keep trying to rehab your hamstring before you go balls out. You still have a few weeks to recover and strengthen the injury site. Best of luck to your bro, just BE CAREFUL...you dont want this coming back to haunt you, because you didnt know when to quit.

How serious was it? Did your hamstring bruise like crazy? I strained my hamstring and the whole back of my leg, from my butt to the back of my knee, was purple, black, and green. It SUCKED! But if you're ok enough to run and stuff, just make sure you're nice and stretched out before you do any anything. Your stretching routine should tell you how much you can go, if you can't get a good stretch in without pain, don't run.

Time is your friend! Don't re-aggravate it by trying to rush back to the baseball field!

I believe that i only pulled my left hamstring (i felt a pop and it is located very high almost an inch below the buttock),and it has been 2 weeks and 5 days to be exact. Ive gone to therapists almost every day and they had me start on a bike, stretch lightly, and then an ultra sound after for the first week. Then ive started last week doing more stretches and worked the leg a little more same goes for this past week. I feel almost at 80% speed when i run but am afraid if i hit that last gear it might pull again or something. I do feel tightness when i hit that percent or try to go above it a bit. Is this normal or is it just my head and i can actually go full speed. i really would like to know because i need to be back for my team in baseball. Thanks.

ice your hamstring everyday. Also do heat treatments. Got to stretch and get a massage on it daily also. Those are the quickest way to get back. Only time will make it 100 percent again. The mental part will be the toughest though

This. I strained my hamstring and was out for about a week but I iced it at night and heated it before i ran. From time to time i still felt it but it was a mental thing because i felt no pain. after 80 percent do you feel pain?