MBGT HOTEL & BEER TOUR INFORMATION

The reason they said they had to go up was because of the big produce festival that is going on that weekend and that people were already booking rooms from them for that. If you want to try and negotiate, Rebecca is the person to ask for. She is the one who sets this up for us each year.

FYI, Priceline.com just let me book the room for $59 per night with no taxes or fees for the game weekend (14th-17th). I called and told them why I was cancelling my reservation and they didn't seem to care. I took a standard Queen room (possibly with no fridge, etc, but we will see), and my total was $177 for the three nights (and it is a "pay after you stay" deal, not up-front like most Priceline deals).

Just throwing this out there for anyone interested. Saved me well over $100, which I plan to use on beer!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Priceline.com just let me book the room for $59 per night with no taxes or fees for the game weekend (14th-17th). I called and told them why I was cancelling my reservation and they didn't seem to care. I took a standard Queen room (possibly with no fridge, etc, but we will see), and my total was $177 for the three nights (and it is a "pay after you stay" deal, not up-front like most Priceline deals).

Just throwing this out there for anyone interested. Saved me well over $100, which I plan to use on beer!

I'll call Rebecca in the morning and see if I can't work something out because of everyone not liking the price and booking through other methods. I do remembering us getting the rooms for like $49 and $59 for doubles before wasn't it?

Whatever is pouring, I'll be drinking!

I wasn't actually planning on getting Black label this year lol. We just bought a lot of it because we had not seen it in along time and it was like $10 a case so we bought all they had. We still had to take some back home with us. Something else they have that you can't find back up here is those Mickey's Hornets in those jar shaped bottles. Speaking of something, I know this doesn't have alcohol in it, but anyone want any Cheerwine? Ok, back on the alcohol, I plan on getting something good this time that isn't cheap besides the growlers I am going to bring. I'll see what they have at the package store on my way in.

Do we have a hotel head count? I feel like they're doubling our rate from last year. I may attempt to negotiate our group rate down, but I would need numbers to back me up.

I just looked on their site and the rates for 2 doubles is $79, that's $20 cheaper than the group rate? I'm not really understanding why it would be cheaper.

I just looked on their site and the rates for 2 doubles is $79, that's $20 cheaper than the group rate? I'm not really understanding why it would be cheaper.

Of course it's not mentioning the produce festival. I'm wondering if they just made that up. Like I said I'm calling them in the morning.

I just did the same thing for $59, gotta love the pay as you stay.

Just so you know about the priceline deal, there are only a few left for the queen for the pay when you get there rate. The king is only $10 more for the same pay when you get there deal and they still have a few more of them. It is $79 for two doubles, but I don't remember if it was on the pay when you get there deal or not. They told me that they have a new sales rep named Johanna Walker and I have to call her back at 9. When I asked to see how many people had booked under the Falcons Message Board, they told me that I was the only one, so I am going to see If I can't get Johanna to work something out or tell her we will look for another place next year.

Just so you know about the priceline deal, there are only a few left for the queen for the pay when you get there rate. The king is only $10 more for the same pay when you get there deal and they still have a few more of them. It is $79 for two doubles, but I don't remember if it was on the pay when you get there deal or not. They told me that they have a new sales rep named Johanna Walker and I have to call her back at 9. When I asked to see how many people had booked under the Falcons Message Board, they told me that I was the only one, so I am going to see If I can't get Johanna to work something out or tell her we will look for another place next year.

Two years ago I stayed at the Hilton Suites (pretty much right around the corner from Fairfield) and Pricelined it for $37 a night. The room was AWESOME. Two TVs, a bar, huge bathroom, balcony. Now I know Priceline deals are tough to come by thru the actual hotel, but even if we could get them down to $59 a night, that would be my vote for next year. Just throwing that out there to think about for next year's MBGT.

Two years ago I stayed at the Hilton Suites (pretty much right around the corner from Fairfield) and Pricelined it for $37 a night. The room was AWESOME. Two TVs, a bar, huge bathroom, balcony. Now I know Priceline deals are tough to come by thru the actual hotel, but even if we could get them down to $59 a night, that would be my vote for next year. Just throwing that out there to think about for next year's MBGT.

Johanna is supposed to call me back this afternoon. She is going to see what she can do about lowering the rates for anyone who still wants to book through the group. I told her what prices people were getting through priceline and she said they shouldn't have allowed priceline for that weekend because of the produce agriculture thing going on. If they didn't want rooms showing up on priceline for that weekend, they should have done something about it. Just remember that they are only allowing a limited amount of rooms on priceline at that rate for the pay as you stay rate so if anyone is going to book through it, they better jump on it now.

There were 3 Pay as you Stay rooms left, and I got one of them. Whoohoo!!!

Thanks for the tip, guys.

According to Johanna, we should have been getting $55 for a king and $69 for a double. Rebecca had got it in her mind that we didn't want a block of rooms because of the lockout. I told her to go ahead and hold ten rooms for us and anyone that did call in was able to do it under the Falcons Message Board, because I asked about that this morning and the were able to find us under the Falcons message boards. Anyway she changed my original reservation to the correct price so I cancelled the priceline one. Anyway don't do anything yet anybody until I talk to her tomorrow. She hasn't fixed the rate for the reservation yet, just mine since I was the only one who has one in there through the message boards.

According to Johanna, we should have been getting $55 for a king and $69 for a double. Rebecca had got it in her mind that we didn't want a block of rooms because of the lockout. I told her to go ahead and hold ten rooms for us and anyone that did call in was able to do it under the Falcons Message Board, because I asked about that this morning and the were able to find us under the Falcons message boards. Anyway she changed my original reservation to the correct price so I cancelled the priceline one. Anyway don't do anything yet anybody until I talk to her tomorrow. She hasn't fixed the rate for the reservation yet, just mine since I was the only one who has one in there through the message boards.

Great work! I knew that original rate was fishy!

Let me know. If I can cancel the priceline room and get a king for $55, I might do that.

The rates are now set for $55 for a king and $69 for two doubles. I gave her names for those who did the priceline reservations and they aren't showing up yet. I am having a hard time trying to cancel my priceline reservation. If anyone has any success, please let me know how they did it. She was supposed to give me a link for me to post for everyone to click on to make the reservations automatically, but she hasn't done that yet, but you shouild be able to call and make sure they give you the correct rate. They did say they would let us use a table. Rebecca still works there, but has a different job. She called me after talking to the general manager who was the one who fixed the rates for us. Anyway, Rebecca is dropping of a table for us to use for our cookout.

For anyone who wants to cancel their priceline reservation and book under the Falcons Message Boards and get the cheaper rates, I figured out how to cancel the reservation. If the e-mail you got from priceline has a booking.com booking number at the bottom under customer service, then go to www.booking.com and where it says your booking at the top, click on that and enter your booking number and pin from the e-mail and you can cancel the reservation from there.

I just spoke with them a few minutes ago and they forgot to send me the link to put up. Since calling is ok, I told her not to worry about sending me the link so just call the number below if you want to make your reservation:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Center

1145 Hammond Drive Northeast,

Atlanta, Georgia 30328 USA

Phone: 1-770-350-0000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Howdy folks.

There will be 4 of us in my group coming in for the game from Bham, AL.

We already had tickets before I saw this, but I was wondering if yall will be tailgating before the game?

We usually meet on Falcons Landing before the game. Most of our tailgating will be done Friday and Saturday night at the hotel.