MBGT HOTEL & BEER TOUR INFORMATION

OK, I know this is a little pre-mature, but here is what I have stocked up so far:

Troegs Scratch 41 - Chocolate Stout (7)

Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA (3)

Dogfish Head 2006 Worldwide Stout (1)

Founders Blushing Monk 2011

Bell's Hopslam (2)

Are there any requests? Keep in mind I am in PA so we can get some different brews here.

Not a fan of the 120. We can get Founders and Bell's. Any of the other Troegs will be awesome. Cigar City....I think is distributed in Philly would be huge. Bear Republic as well. I'll be in Savannah labor day and will most likely drive to South Carolina and get some Palmetto Porter and Pale.....I'll keep thinking about this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While your on it, anyone like Bavarian? It's very similar to German brew. Anyway Craggy Brewery in Asheville, NC makes it. I've been getting a growler every weekend on the way home from work I love it so much. I don't know how you guy's feel about German beers, but your getting a taste of this one.

While your on it, anyone like Bavarian? It's very similar to German brew. Anyway Craggy Brewery in Asheville, NC makes it. I've been getting a growler every weekend on the way home from work I love it so much. I don't know how you guy's feel about German beers, but your getting a taste of this one.

You can pour me Bavarian beer anytime.

Was that 'Black Label' you had last year considered Bavarian? :lol:

It was kinda tasty....but it was kinda late in the evening ;)

Was that 'Black Label' you had last year considered Bavarian? :lol:

It was kinda tasty....but it was kinda late in the evening ;)

I don't think so lol. We bought that stuff becuase we had not seen it in forever in NC, but that package store we stopped at in Suwanee or however you spell it had cases of it. I'm talking about good Bavarian style brew.

I am going to try to get to Bullfrog, Selinsgrove, Iron Hill and Spring House for growlers and bombers.

So it sounds like you are driving, unless you have some good friends that work for TSSC. :). Any beers you bring automatically qualify for my tasting list. Are you bringing the same hottie this year, or a different one?

So it sounds like you are driving, unless you have some good friends that work for TSSC. :). Any beers you bring automatically qualify for my tasting list. Are you bringing the same hottie this year, or a different one?

Barring any unforeseen break-ups (which with me is always a possibility), should be Tierney again this year. Not sure about next year...bad luck to bring the same girl three years in a row!

Beer tour news. The Saturday of the tour is also the Decatur Beer Festival. That means, touring Decatur will be tough as there will be 4000 people in the square.

Options:

We can all buy tickets($40 each) and go to the festival.

We can skip Decatur this year. We've been the last 2 years, plus, we will save $40 each.

My preference is to skip Decatur and do Little 5 Points(Wrecking Bar, The Porter and maybe the Vortex). What made last year good was we did not go nuts like the year before. We stopped for one beer each at every stop which for me, kept me from getting trashed. Further, beer festivals are always so very crowded. We will most likely get split up and one of us become entrapped in slave trade.......Scary.

If you all really want to do the beer festival we can, but we will need to get tickets the moment they go on sale as this one sells out quickly.

Beer tour news. The Saturday of the tour is also the Decatur Beer Festival. That means, touring Decatur will be tough as there will be 4000 people in the square.

Options:

We can skip Decatur this year. We've been the last 2 years, plus, we will save $40 each.

My preference is to skip Decatur and do Little 5 Points(Wrecking Bar, The Porter and maybe the Vortex). What made last year good was we did not go nuts like the year before. We stopped for one beer each at every stop which for me, kept me from getting trashed. Further, beer festivals are always so very crowded. We will most likely get split up and one of us become entrapped in slave trade.......Scary.

If you all really want to do the beer festival we can, but we will need to get tickets the moment they go on sale as this one sells out quickly.

I went to the festival one year and it's only worth it if you spend the whole time there to get your money's worth. There's too much to want to do just to want to do the festival even though it is a lot of fun, but like you said, you don't want to get split up in that huge crowd. Not to mention, I don't want to get trashed either since I plan on cooking Saturday night.

I'm happy to go along with whatever you guys decide regarding the beer festival.

I agree on not getting trashed. Last year's pace was good.

We can get trashed at the cookout and start a fire. I'll bring extra wood. Anyone got one of those portable firepit thingies they can bring? If not, I can set the woods behind the hotel on fire lol. It will probably be warm though.

My table doesn't fold and won't fit in the car I'm coming in with the people that are going to be in it. Does anyone have a table solution? I can always buy one of those folding ones if I need to. We're also going to have a trunk full with the grills, luggage and the growlers as well as other beer. Gotta bring that guy his Black Label lol.

My table doesn't fold and won't fit in the car I'm coming in with the people that are going to be in it. Does anyone have a table solution? I can always buy one of those folding ones if I need to. We're also going to have a trunk full with the grills, luggage and the growlers as well as other beer. Gotta bring that guy his Black Label lol.

I might drink one of the again if Duff and Shiney have one. :P

My input on the Decatur Brewfest: Not a GREAT fest. Was there two years ago (weekend of the Falcons/Bears Sunday Nighter). While I did have fun, I wouldn't yet call it a "must attend" event.

Now if we could get to Decatur by 11 and get in for a couple brews at Twains and Brickstore, I'd be all for it. If not, I'd love to hit the places we didn't get to see last year.

As far as a table solution: We should ask the hotel. I bet they have a fold-able table or an extra one we can use. Otherwise, why not buy one at Walmart (I think they're only like $30 bucks) and return it the next day? I know that is shady, but it IS a solution.

My input on the Decatur Brewfest: Not a GREAT fest. Was there two years ago (weekend of the Falcons/Bears Sunday Nighter). While I did have fun, I wouldn't yet call it a "must attend" event.

Now if we could get to Decatur by 11 and get in for a couple brews at Twains and Brickstore, I'd be all for it. If not, I'd love to hit the places we didn't get to see last year.

As far as a table solution: We should ask the hotel. I bet they have a fold-able table or an extra one we can use. Otherwise, why not buy one at Walmart (I think they're only like $30 bucks) and return it the next day? I know that is shady, but it IS a solution.

Seems like it's a no on the Decatur Beer Fest. As far as getting there early, lets play it by ear. Settling for Wrecking Bar and The Porter is not bad. Also, there is a art and music festival near Little 5 Points. I usually have a booth at this festival, but am skipping this year.

Friday night I would like to go to the Fred again. We can discuss dinner as well.

Table....I've invited some friends from my home brew club. Eric has a truck, and tables. That's if he does not do the art festival. We usually share the booth. Stay tuned.

Options:

I agree. We can stick with the places around L5P. Porter Beer Bar has a beer list five or six pages long. Wrecking Bar could be our dinner stop. It would be a good trade off to have a half pint of all five beers Chris brews instead of 2 or 3 pints at 2 or 3 different places.

Looking forward to seeing Alan and Duffman again, and everybody. 10th year!! That's awesome.

Edit: Two stumbles down from Porters - Little 5 Corner Tavern is located at 1174 Euclid Ave

Friday: Pint Night (20 oz Guinness- keep the glass- and shot of jameson for $9)

Souvenir!

Do we have a hotel head count? I feel like they're doubling our rate from last year. I may attempt to negotiate our group rate down, but I would need numbers to back me up.

The reason they said they had to go up was because of the big produce festival that is going on that weekend and that people were already booking rooms from them for that. If you want to try and negotiate, Rebecca is the person to ask for. She is the one who sets this up for us each year.