MBGT HOTEL & BEER TOUR INFORMATION

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not pick this event for the Packer game a week earlier? That would make more sense. But, IF the season is pushed back a week, the OCT 9th GB Packer game would be played the 16th...just my $0.02!

Nobody seemed to want a night game.

Looks like we may have a couple peeps from thefalcoholic.com on board as well. Looking forward to another successful year!

Now...the million dollar question...drive or fly? Sexmobile 2.0 is almost at 150,000 miles. Gonna be new car or flight. Or flight and rent a car for a day. Hmmm....

Did any of them say anything about the tickets? It's not looking real good at this point and Adam keeps on me about it.

• 2 weeks later...

not looking good...and those prices don't help things. :blink:

There is always corner endzone high up for $49 if they would rather go for that lol.

This was a little better deal for just a couple of bucks more. I suppose I should mention that. There is no big rush on that one though.

Beer Tour News -

At first, I thought a tour of Sweetwater Brewery on Friday would be fun, however since they #*)(* over my home brew competition, I am boycotting them. We can do Atlanta Brewing(which is now known as Red Brick) like we did 2 years ago, or we can do like last year and start at the Fred, then 5 Seasons, then back to the hotel and sample unique beers, both home brew and commercial examples.

Saturday there is an arts and music festival near Decatur. The last 4 years I shared a booth with a fellow artist. The last 2 years sucked for sales, so I am not participating as an artist. I would like to swing by if my brothers band is there. It's right off of MARTA, and walking distance from Little 5 Points, which now has a new brew pub(The Wrecking Bar). I figure we can do the Wrecking Bar or arts festival first, then get back on MARTA to Decatur for the Brickstore.

Saturday evening will either be a cookout or pizza delivery, and more beer tasting.

Feedback? Suggestions?

Beer Tour News -

At first, I thought a tour of Sweetwater Brewery on Friday would be fun, however since they #*)(* over my home brew competition, I am boycotting them. We can do Atlanta Brewing(which is now known as Red Brick) like we did 2 years ago, or we can do like last year and start at the Fred, then 5 Seasons, then back to the hotel and sample unique beers, both home brew and commercial examples.

Saturday there is an arts and music festival near Decatur. The last 4 years I shared a booth with a fellow artist. The last 2 years sucked for sales, so I am not participating as an artist. I would like to swing by if my brothers band is there. It's right off of MARTA, and walking distance from Little 5 Points, which now has a new brew pub(The Wrecking Bar). I figure we can do the Wrecking Bar or arts festival first, then get back on MARTA to Decatur for the Brickstore.

Saturday evening will either be a cookout or pizza delivery, and more beer tasting.

Feedback? Suggestions?

I personally find actual brewery tours to be boring. I'd rather hit the quality places like last year. I will say that Atlanta Brewing/Red Brick was a fantastic time. My "hit list" would be:

Fred

5 Seasons (whatever location...maybe 2 or 3)

Taco Mac (again...wherever)

Red Brick (not a must, but it was definitely fun)

Brickstore

Wrecking Bar

Porter (I know this is a long shot but it seems like an awesome place)

Anywhere new!

I am still in debate about driving vs flying. If I drive, I will bring Troegs and either Iron Hill, Lancaster or Selinsgrove growlers.

Maybe we should start a Get Together Facebook page? Perhaps a Twitter account?

Edit: We did Red Brick last year I thought? I have the pictures to prove it!

I personally find actual brewery tours to be boring. I'd rather hit the quality places like last year. I will say that Atlanta Brewing/Red Brick was a fantastic time. My "hit list" would be:

Fred

5 Seasons (whatever location...maybe 2 or 3)

Taco Mac (again...wherever)

Red Brick (not a must, but it was definitely fun)

Brickstore

Wrecking Bar

Porter (I know this is a long shot but it seems like an awesome place)

Anywhere new!

I am still in debate about driving vs flying. If I drive, I will bring Troegs and either Iron Hill, Lancaster or Selinsgrove growlers.

Maybe we should start a Get Together Facebook page? Perhaps a Twitter account?

Edit: We did Red Brick last year I thought? I have the pictures to prove it!

First, Redbrick was 2 years ago.

The Porter is walking distance to the Wrecking Bar.

Doing the arts festival is not a must do.

The Wrecking Bar has awesome beer. By the time October rolls around, they should have their cask serving system working. They also sell short pours so you can sample all the beers without getting wasted.

I've invited some of my home brew friends.

Growler sales from package stores are now allowed in Georgia.

I suggest we crack open our neighbors skulls and feed on the goo inside.

First, Redbrick was 2 years ago.

The Porter is walking distance to the Wrecking Bar.

Doing the arts festival is not a must do.

The Wrecking Bar has awesome beer. By the time October rolls around, they should have their cask serving system working. They also sell short pours so you can sample all the beers without getting wasted.

I've invited some of my home brew friends.

Growler sales from package stores are now allowed in Georgia.

I suggest we crack open our neighbors skulls and feed on the goo inside.

Holy ****. Red Brick WAS two years ago. Don't get old...life blends together.

Porter + Wrecking = YES

Growlers = YES

Skulls + Goo inside = MUST

A cookout would be great if we can get people in on it. I have two small grills I can bring and I will see what I can do about getting a table. I'm in for the Beer Tour. Let's see what kind of head count we get because my sister and brother-in-law raise cattle and if the time is right I may be able to get a good deal on some farm raised ground chuck for the cookout if that's what we decide on.

A cookout would be great if we can get people in on it. I have two small grills I can bring and I will see what I can do about getting a table. I'm in for the Beer Tour. Let's see what kind of head count we get because my sister and brother-in-law raise cattle and if the time is right I may be able to get a good deal on some farm raised ground chuck for the cookout if that's what we decide on.

I like the cook out get together as well jab...instead of ppl goin thier seperate ways..we can do that any time..the whole point of this is to every 1 get together and hang out and get loud.i did miss the last few years but the last 1 i went to i was disapointed with the whole gathering...but im hopin this year will be better..

I'm in. I can bring a grill + a smaller one (Smokey Joe knockoff).

I'd also go for an abbreviated beer tour. Let's use MARTA and find anything close to their destinations. That way, no driving, and it cuts down on the choices.

Porter Beer Bar and Wrecking Bar is only about a half mile straight down Moreland Avenue from the Inman Park Marta station. I love the fish and chips at Porter. You get a huge piece of deep fried cod and a large basket of fries, and their beer menu is only exceeded by Brickstore.

Then we can hit Taco Mac, Leon's Full Service, Brickstore, Twains, and Mac Mcgee's right near the Decatur Marta.

I'd also go for an abbreviated beer tour. Let's use MARTA and find anything close to their destinations. That way, no driving, and it cuts down on the choices.

Porter Beer Bar and Wrecking Bar is only about a half mile straight down Moreland Avenue from the Inman Park Marta station. I love the fish and chips at Porter. You get a huge piece of deep fried cod and a large basket of fries, and their beer menu is only exceeded by Brickstore.

Then we can hit Taco Mac, Leon's Full Service, Brickstore, Twains, and Mac Mcgee's right near the Decatur Marta.

Jeff and I will have some award winning home brew.

Be prepared or be..........Well, I guess left out.

Hold on, I haven't even bottled mine yet. It was still fermenting slowly yesterday. However, the last time I looked, the Farmhouse Ale looked really good. I'm going to bottle the F Punch Me Ale today.

Hold on, I haven't even bottled mine yet. It was still fermenting slowly yesterday. However, the last time I looked, the Farmhouse Ale looked really good. I'm going to bottle the F Punch Me Ale today.

IK transfered to secondary today. I was at 1.006. Tasted nice and dry with peppery fruity notes.......It will be epic. I bottled an ESB today using the Fall Freeze recipe. This time I used British Ale yeast, WLP 005. It has a nice bready flavor, with slight ester frutiness.

IK transfered to secondary today. I was at 1.006. Tasted nice and dry with peppery fruity notes.......It will be epic. I bottled an ESB today using the Fall Freeze recipe. This time I used British Ale yeast, WLP 005. It has a nice bready flavor, with slight ester frutiness.

I'm going to check mine today, but I don't do secondaries anymore. I also have an American Wheat on deck. I couldn't pass it up. It was less than $20 from Brewmaster's.

not looking good...and those hotel prices seem alot higher than last year...maybe not :blink:

I have my Season Seat, so no worry with that.

It's only higher because of the produce festival that's going on that weekend and the high demand for hotel rooms. If it wasn't for that, we could have got the same rate we had last year.

Dumb question here from a season ticket holder that is down there every game by 8am and usually makes a road game or two. What does MBGT stand for and what is this group? Sounds like fun

Message Board Get Together which is open to any member of these message boards. We have been doing this every year for the past 9 years, this being our 10th. We pick one home game to go to and we have people from all over the country and even a few from out of country that are Falcon fans make this trip. Our host hotel for the past few years is the Fairfield Inn and Suits Atlanta Perimeter, all that info is on the first page with the booking info and telephone number. Anyway, we plan the whole weekend with a big party and usually a cookout on Saturday night, which there will be a cookout this year. Fairfield has been really good to us and enjoys having us. Some with younger folks might go to Six Flags during the day on Saturday or the Aquarium, but the older ones who like to go on Shiney's Beer Tour he plans every year. We always have a lot of fun.

We have people that come in from all over for this event.

I am in the Military and I am already going to the Chicago Opener. Uncle Sam only lets us havve so much party time a year plus got to stack the old cheese to pull this off. I will make one of these events just got to plan.

OK, I know this is a little pre-mature, but here is what I have stocked up so far:

Troegs Scratch 41 - Chocolate Stout (7)

Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA (3)

Dogfish Head 2006 Worldwide Stout (1)

Founders Blushing Monk 2011

Bell's Hopslam (2)

Are there any requests? Keep in mind I am in PA so we can get some different brews here.