• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've pub-crawled through Denver so many times that I could draw a map and I'm definitely up for shooting you a PM next time I'm out that way. Might even be as soon as around Christmas time. I like to snowboard so I usually go out there in the winter. Nothing prettier than Colorado in the winter.

I've always enjoyed the New Belgium and Breckinridge stuff and the Laughing Lab Scottish Ale is a big favorite of mine.

av-556885.jpg

waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy prettier than colorado in winter

send it!

Edited by trig
Guest Absconditus

There's also Rogue Double Chocolate Stout. Which I have yet to find but don't know if I would enjoy it. Seems like it would have too much chocolate.

Guest Absconditus

Miller lite is the worst light beer ever i don't care what the commercials say, i will take mgd, high life, or even mgd 64 over a miller lite any day. I'd rather drink old english than miller lite.

Disagree, but that's the fascinating thing about taste in my opinion.

If I'm gonna be drinking all night I drink Miller Lite because it's smooth and actually has a flavor to me. If I'm drinking a beer or two with dinner I'm going to get a real beer depending on what I'm having. But Miller Lite is definitely my go-to beer when I'm throwing down and need an easy beer to drink.

I'm partial to the "Men's Room Red", brewed and bottled in Seattle and Colorado... A portion of the profits of all beer sold on tap or in 22's is given to the Fisher House, which helps Veterans and their families when they need it most... I would put a logo up, but the link shows it...

If you think you can't get the Red in Atlanta,(or anywhere else), think again... all it takes is convincing your local brew pub to get on the waiting list... It has found a tap in New York... The waiting list is because the demand is so high they needed to brew more in Colorado... It's worth it, I wouldn't lie to any fellow Falcon fan

Make it happen... Drink good Nectar and Support the Troops...

$150,000 plus raised so far...

http://www.kisw.com/pages/7021921.php

Edited by Scooter58

Parkbrau Perminator from Germany, it is made in Bamburg and it is nickname terminator. That sucker is strong in taste and have the alcohol content of 3 to 4 regular American beers. Anyone ever stationed in Germany understand what I am talking about. The picture of the monk on the bottle was a warning, drink enough you will too will be talking to Jesus. 20 oz of pure "Let's get effed up tonight!"

:lol:

me and my network guy are gonna have to have words.

I went to look up Parkbrau Perminator and I got blocked because it was alcohol/tobacco related :angry:

:lol:

I brought 4 cases back with me when I left Germany (paid $100 in import taxes) and sitting at the house my dad and two of my uncles started drinking. I bet them that they would get drunk before me since being in Germany I was used to the stronger beers. We started drinking the Perminators by the end of the second ones all three of them started breaking into sweats, by the third ones they were wasted.

I forgot to mention to them that the beer actually gets stronger in strength when kept warm because they keep some of the "magic" in the bottles and don't filter everything out. That is what gives it a double punch, it is a beer that can be drunk warm and DO NOT go flat. It have to be shaken before being drunk because of the yeast that settles at the bottom of the bottle. That beer and Crystal Visen are the only beers I drink. My mom lives in Germany and I get a case each time she comes to the states to visit.

Edited by pdawg29

I'll go off your post, Pdawg29 and switch it to Liquor... Maybe you were in the Balkans... My buddy was stationed there, and told me about some liquor there... A boss of mine was from there, and he gave me a sample after a couple of Corona's...

Let me make myself clear... I can drink lots of beer, but after a couple shots of whatever he gave me, I was passed out on his living room floor... He told me the next morning not to move, and to lockup when I left... He was laughing about how Americans couldn't handle the liquor...

I want to find out what it is, strictly for bachelor parties :lol:

Guest Absconditus

Just got a 4-pack of the Young's Double Chocolate. I got the cans because of the nitrogen widget in there but am I the only one that just doesn't taste that much chocolate?

It might be the smoothest and creamiest beer I've ever had before, but for something called a "Double Chocolate Stout" I don't get a whole lot of chocolate with it. I get some of course, but it's a lot more roasted malt. The more I keep drinking it the less like chocolate it actually tastes. It honestly tastes like I'm drinking a frapaccino with a lot of milk in it.

It tastes good and it's definitely a beer I'd drink again, but it kinda annoys me that they call it double chocolate when I don't taste chocolate that much at all.

Rogue's Chocolate Stout is much better.

Guest Regular Guy

Ok beer experts. I need some help. In the middle of October I am having a mini family reunion and want to know what a good beer would be to go with this menu:

Smoked pulled pork

Smoked Baby Back Ribs

Mesquite Bourbon Chicken

Brunswick Stew

Collard Greens

Bourbon Baked Beans

Mac'n Cheese

Coleslaw

Loaded Baked Potato Salad

Grilled Corn on the cob

Corn Bread

Deviled Eggs

Desert is undecided at this point but probably Coca Cola Chocolate cake.

I was thinking about Sam Adams Octoberfest, but I am NOT a beer drinker but wouldn't mind trying some different brews.

Suggestions?

Ok beer experts. I need some help. In the middle of October I am having a mini family reunion and want to know what a good beer would be to go with this menu:

Smoked pulled pork

Smoked Baby Back Ribs

Mesquite Bourbon Chicken

Brunswick Stew

Collard Greens

Bourbon Baked Beans

Mac'n Cheese

Coleslaw

Grilled Corn on the cob

Corn Bread

Deviled Eggs

I was thinking about Sam Adams Octoberfest, but I am NOT a beer drinker but wouldn't mind trying some different brews.

Suggestions?

sam adams october fest is actually a good choice or just regular sam adams boston lager. I usually go with a classic lager with bbq personally (bud, coors, miller) but if you want a higher quality beer i would go with the sam adams. Not sure if you have it there but Schinerbock would be a nice beer to go with bbq as well.

Smoked pulled pork

Smoked Baby Back Ribs

Mesquite Bourbon Chicken

Brunswick Stew

Collard Greens

Bourbon Baked Beans

Mac'n Cheese

Coleslaw

Grilled Corn on the cob

Corn Bread

Deviled Eggs

Suggestions?

Fuk man with food like that who cares what's being poured!!

<<elbows his way to>>

Smoked baby back ribs...collards...and deviled eggs. FTW!