• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread. Had a couple of new ones

Samuel Smith Yorkshire Stingo: never mind the price. get it at least once...soon because I believe it is only available for a limited time.

Klosterbeer Reutberger: this one will be one of my mainstays. vahry vahry nice.

Schlenkerla Oak Smoke: is it bad when I say that drinking a beer is an experience? they aren't kidding when they say this beer is smoked. I am glad I tried it....it is definitely unique. I don't think I will be buying it again but I definitely recommend the experience.

Guest Absconditus

I'll have to look for those.

My Don't-Look-At-The-Price suggestion:

samuel-adams-chocolate-bock.jpg

I've got no problems saying that is the best tasting beer I've ever had, and totally worth the $13 I paid for that bottle.

Edited by Absconditus

Just got a 4-pack of the Young's Double Chocolate. I got the cans because of the nitrogen widget in there but am I the only one that just doesn't taste that much chocolate?

It might be the smoothest and creamiest beer I've ever had before, but for something called a "Double Chocolate Stout" I don't get a whole lot of chocolate with it. I get some of course, but it's a lot more roasted malt. The more I keep drinking it the less like chocolate it actually tastes. It honestly tastes like I'm drinking a frapaccino with a lot of milk in it.

It tastes good and it's definitely a beer I'd drink again, but it kinda annoys me that they call it double chocolate when I don't taste chocolate that much at all.

Rogue's Chocolate Stout is much better.

Go to Memphis and try that stuff on draught at The Flying Saucer. You'll get all the chocolate and more you want. I suggest their Guinness French Dip sandwich as a compliment. Then again, if you're in Memphis, then you might consider Bosco's bar when they tap the cask ale. That's pretty epic, too.

Any of you East Coasters get a chance to try some Grand Teton Lost Continent Double IPA, I highly recommend it. Very hard to find east of the Mississippi, but extremely good beer with high ABV. One of the best double IPA's I've ever had and second only to Dogfish Head's 120 IPA (which is twice the ABV). Just saying. Actually, if anyone is interested in a beer swap then PM me and we might can make something happen.

Edited by AcworthFalcFan