On the docket for tonight:

abita_turbodog.bkyptwhmxog08kgcgks448swk.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

sam-adams-imperial-stout-10jun09.jpg

Both of them two thumbs way up from me and both have the same kind of taste to them. They both a real chocolate, caramel and roasted malt flavor to them.

The Imperial Stout was like $9 for a FOUR pack so it was pricey but with but with a 9.2% ALC/VOL it's pretty much like buying a 6 pack of a really good beer.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Headshot's original post in the only one in this thread so far that actually mentions beer. The rest of that swill is cheap, bland pisswater.

Also, beer snobs are among the douchiest people on the planet, right up there with Carrot Top and people who wear their sunglasses and bluetooth headsets indoors.

Also, beer snobs are among the douchiest people on the planet, right up there with Carrot Top and people who wear their sunglasses and bluetooth headsets indoors.

And people with no taste whatsoever are right there with the folks on peopleofwalmart.com. Rednecks and broke college kids get a pass, but with so many better options available, it's screwed up that anyone would choose to drink the bad stuff. This isn't about being a beersnob. I am far from it... I'm just a person that understands life is way too short to settle for lesser things and to not try new things along the way.

2737715831_b4198a0d1b.jpg

PBR and High life when im really broke.

Miller lite when i have decent money

Yuengling when im feeling ballin.

I need to try more stouts though.

I'm not a fan of cheap beer, but as cheap beer goes, PBR is the best of its class.

We were stuck with Budweiser in the green room at our gig last night, so I actually went out of pocket for a Fat Tire.

I'm not a fan of cheap beer, but as cheap beer goes, PBR is the best of its class.

We were stuck with Budweiser in the green room at our gig last night, so I actually went out of pocket for a Fat Tire.

That would happen to us on tour all the time. They'd give the bands cheap beer & A.) you'd have to drink 10 of them just to feel like you were even drinking beer, B.) then you'd be super hungover the next day. I was constantly having to pay out of my own pocket for a slightly better beer that wouldn't make me feel like crap. So, now we have it in our rider than rather than a case of PBR, Bud, etc. we get 12 "premium" beers... preferably a local brew. I can drink 3 decent beers and have the same effect of twice as many of the lesser beers, and without the massive headache the next day.

I deal w/ beer reps on a daily basis at my job & I had one guy telling me some interesting stuff about PBR. I'm not sure how much of what he was saying was b.s., but he said that because they sell SO much PBR, they can't brew it fast enough. So, they actualy use a beer concentrate & add it to water to make PBR these days.