Turner's best days behind him?

Dago

You're a cop in Texas, right? I'm going to make sure I stay at least 2 states away.

At this point this has nothing to do with football, it's about you and your little power trip. Just like you wanting to 'meet me' when other posters called you on it, you back tracked out of fear of being banned. I thought the little twist, 'I was wanting to grill out' and 'I meet up with people online all the time' or what ever you said was a nice touch.

It's not surprising really, I'm sure the police probably covet someone as yourself. Aggressive, dishonest and undereducated.

By the way detective, spell check can't save you from grammatical errors.-_-

Little power trip huh? Well I guess you can't admit when your wrong, so like a child you resort to name calling. I was really hoping to read your explanation for your post, but your post had nothing to do with football. I explained my post sure, not back tracking for fear of being banned, more like clarification. However, you are a pathetic little person who changes their stance and gets all silly when called out on it. As I've told you before, I will gladly put my education up against yours any day. Take care lil buddy.

Edited by Big_L

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Turner is still a bruiser capable of big games with a year or two left in him. If they limit his carries, give Snelling more, and let Jacquizz do the change of pace thing you will see a couple of productive seasons out of Turner yet.

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

The big question remains. Whether or not the added pressure of not having a regular power back with 25 carries a game to take the heat off will effect Ryan the way it normally has in the past.

Turner is still a bruiser capable of big games with a year or two left in him. If they limit his carries, give Snelling more, and let Jacquizz do the change of pace thing you will see a couple of productive seasons out of Turner yet.

Well if there are others to share the load then Turner's career should be extended. I wish we could of done that with DM.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Do you really believe Snelling is even half the back Turner is? Rodgers has yet to play a down so we'll have to see how good he is. I know people that just love him and think we should've taken him with our 4th round pick which we used for Luke Stocker who I believe is gonna be a quality starting Tight End in about 3 years.

Its all up to Turner. If he decides to get in shape and drop 25-30 lbs I think he has a couple of very good seasons left in him. If he stays at his current weight I dont think we will see the Turner of 09 again. Luckily we have Snelling and Quizz. So even if he falls off we wont be in terrible shape.

Find a single post where I said 'The only reason we have been successful, was because of Ryan"

Seriously, if you(or anyone else) links it, I'll leave RC never to return.

Don't you know? Trust ol jb to bring up Ryan's name in a fully about Turner thread, then insult you when you ask him to prove his delusions.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Don't you know? Trust ol jb to bring up Ryan's name in a fully about Turner thread, then insult you when you ask him to prove his delusions.

"The big question remains. Whether or not the added pressure of not having a regular power back with 25 carries a game to take the heat off will effect Ryan the way it normally has in the past. "

Really?

Could you be more sensitive? Your name really is Nancy, isn't it?rolleyes.gif

Here's an article with Turner, Williams, and Ivory in it.

In a continuation of the recent "Higher Education" series, in which we looked at how rookies would best fit their new teams, we thought it might be interesting to take a look at certain performances and rankings from the 2010 season that go a bit outside the box. With the help of statistics from Football Outsiders, we'll be looking at different metrics that will hopefully illuminate the game in different ways.

In the first installment, we'll be talking about the 10 most efficient third-down running backs, based on FO's DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) metric. FO's efficiency metrics are opponent-adjusted and based on every play in a season. DVOA is one of the two primary stats; DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement) will be discussed in future installments. The quick way to differentiate the two stats is to think of DVOA as a percentage reflecting value above average on a per-play basis; and DYAR as a point value that indicates the cumulative value over average based on every play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Higher-Education-The-best-third-down-running-ba;_ylt=AhRYchs2JPD9mrp3yn9WURhDubYF?urn=nfl-wp2558

Do you really believe Snelling is even half the back Turner is? Rodgers has yet to play a down so we'll have to see how good he is. I know people that just love him and think we should've taken him with our 4th round pick which we used for Luke Stocker who I believe is gonna be a quality starting Tight End in about 3 years.

Snelling is certainly half the back Turner is. If you want evidence just watch the 2009 season Finale where he ripped up the bucs for 168 total yards.

He is not as good of a back but he is a solid role player who in the right situation could be a gu who gets the most carries in a rb by committee.

I dont think he would ever be top tier but defiantly a quality thunder in a thunder/Lightning combo.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Gotta trust Turner until he stops getting those 4 yds per carry.

I don't care who gets the ball so long as they average 4 yds.

I hear that! I'm just hoping Lagerrete Blount will keep up his average of 5.0 yds. per carry.