How and why did you become a Falcon ?

Two words: Michael Vick

2004, Happened to catch a Falcons game I want to say it was the one against the Panthers where he floated his way into the endzone but that may have been the following year. Annnyywayy. He ripped off some amazing run threw a couple bullets over the middle to Crumpler and I was amazed. I quickly became a fan of many other players. I think Crumpler Averaged like 15 ypc that year, Dunn and Ducket were a great RB tandem Kerney was a beast Coleman was a mountain. I immediately liked Finneran, never a fan of Price though... not really sure why.

So no matter what has happened since then I owe my love of the Falcons to MV. Dude is an amazing player. Since then I've become more of an NFL fan and I have loved watching the team grow following Vicks departure.

It's hard not to be excited about this team when you look across the roster, there is definately the potential for a prolonged state of greatness!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words: Michael Vick

2004, Happened to catch a Falcons game I want to say it was the one against the Panthers where he floated his way into the endzone but that may have been the following year. Annnyywayy. He ripped off some amazing run threw a couple bullets over the middle to Crumpler and I was amazed. I quickly became a fan of many other players. I think Crumpler Averaged like 15 ypc that year, Dunn and Ducket were a great RB tandem Kerney was a beast Coleman was a mountain. I immediately liked Finneran, never a fan of Price though... not really sure why.

So no matter what has happened since then I owe my love of the Falcons to MV. Dude is an amazing player. Since then I've become more of an NFL fan and I have loved watching the team grow following Vicks departure.

It's hard not to be excited about this team when you look across the roster, there is definately the potential for a prolonged state of greatness!

Nice pretty much the same as me... the wierd thing is though the guy who made me like the Falcons I hate with a passion and it doesn't help that he is on the eagles who always have seemed to have our number.

For me I became a fan when ownership changed hands and there was an obvious commitment to improvement from up top... I also lost interest in the Braves when Ted was not the boss man anymore..when your team has bad ownership its tough to really get behind them...ask bungles and clippers fans.

Hi Everyone,

I have an authentic proline (the helmets worn on the field) Falcons helmet signed by Julio Jones with an NFL Auction PSA/DNA Cert. The Helmet by itself costs more than $200, it's the real deal!! It doesn't get more authentic than that!!! If you are interested please email at michaelpbell@msn.com

Here's a link if you want to see the exact helmet:

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=156362283&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=156708993

Thanks,

Michael

Growing up i rural Somalia we didn’t have that much access to a variety of sports. the only sport that use to come on tv for us was soccer and WWE/WCW wrestling. So i use to watch a lot of wrestling. I was big fan of Goldberg. In 1998 when the falcons we're on their way to the super bowl. I remember Goldberg invited the whole atlanta falcons team to join him in the ring. So in 2000 we moved to part of Kenya which was heavily populated by people from the U.S.A. Half the kids at my school were from America. My best friend in fact was from Snelville, GA!. My friend was always mental about the falcons. He would invite me to his house to watch games with him. I didnt know anything about football. he would try and explain the rules to me. I really didnt care much about it.I was really into Soccer, Boxing, and riding bikes. 2005 we moved to the united states. When that happened, I really got into football. Then I started watching it more on tv. I had no choice but to support The Falcons. I guess I was lucky.

The most memorable match was the falcons vs packers playoff game in Lambeau Field..

Being an English fan with no particular ties to anywhere in the states I settled with the Falcons when Ryan was drafted.

That is kinda like me with English Football.... Years before the US produced any good footballers, I had no reason to pick a favourite team, but loving the football that we all call "soccer" here, I really wanted to follow a team, and all I knew was that I did not like Man U (mainly because the footy fans here in the states are almost ALL Man U fans - the rest are Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal).... I always liked the more physical brand that is played in England to the slightly more flashy brand in La Liga or Serie A... Since I loved the physical, hard tackling play of Stuart Psycho Pearce and Roy Keane, and my English girlfriend was a Forest supporter), I became a Nottingham Forest supporter myself (back in the early 90's).... Obviously, things were much better then than they are now.... I also root for Fulham in the Prem to follow Dempsey....

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/story/Saints-are-tops-in-America-for-local-fan-interest/VOKMtCKDK0S8Etdj7xCWRA.cspx

Just wanted to share a little link with the worst fans in football: Saints #1, Falcons #25. :)

That's HILARIOUS... Look at the Fox logo with the Saints logo on it... HAHAHAHA I knew something was wrong when a bunch of notorious BAG HEADS are jokingly called GOOD fans, let alone better than fans from REAL football cities... How cheesy is that??? Wow... New Orleans' picked THEIR OWN FANS as the best! HAHAHA Congrats, bagheads! I'll go ahead and give you a preemptive congrats for next season as well, since I kinda figure you guys might pick YOURSELVES again next year.. hehhhhehh... That actually really IS sad! In other news, the TATF community has voted ATL #1.... I guess it all evens out....

Must be an allergic reaction to wearing all those brown paper bags on your heads all those years. Oh yeah, great fans.

I know, right? It's nice to see that their Local Fox Affiliate picked them as #1... HAHAHAHA That is every bit as credible as Ken Rodriguez or Buck Lanford saying that we have the best fans in football... hahaha What a bunch of tools... I am as hardcore as they come, but I would seriously have to call out our local FOX affiliate if they tried to tell me that we had better fans than GB or a host of other die-hard NFL towns... Only New Orleans could possibly rank themselves higher than 26 or 27, let alone #1... hahahaha GREAT fans.... About 27 of em actually show up (all of whom are wearing paper bags) when they are losing.... hehhhh That was awesome... I'm glad he shared that link... :lol:

Edited by Hoppy™

In 98 after we lost the superbowl i was like 13 at the time. I was a braves fan since around 90-91 (i was born in cali but my dad is an atl native and even had a summer job during fulton county construction so i feel a connection there)I knew about deion and i had some gear but i was more into video games when he was around. My favorite college player was vick and i prayed we would draft him. When the trade went down i was so excited. I still love vick but my new hero is matt ryan and i think if we improved the defense we could win a sb.

Well, I've been in Colorado my whole life. F the Broncos...anyway.

When you're little, it doesn't take much. I have to admit, the reason I'm a Falcon's fan is because I liked the logo. I liked that simple little falcon.

Some of it was probably growing up in Colorado I wanted to like someone other than the Broncos. It was about the time they embarked on their numerous failed SB attempts.

I then became familiar with the team. Mostly Deion, Case, Jordan, Tuggle, McKyer, etc.

I just love the Falcons.

My twin bro liked Warren Moon and the oil derrick, so he's a Titan's fan.

I have probably answered this question 1,000 times because someone posts it about once every six months or so, but I don't mind because I love reliving the memory. I was born in Atlanta back in 1971. My dad was a big sports fan and went to UGA, Falcons and Braves games. When I was old enough to go or actually remember going (there is a chance I may have gone as a baby my mom told me, but my father is no longer with us for me to ask), he took me to my first Falcons game (that I was aware of) in Fulton County Stadium. I think we were playing the Saints. All I know is that we won and I was so excited. I have been a Falcon fan ever since.

I liked the look of the bird, so when i grew wings that's what i picked? :P

Sorry. Lame i know.

My dad was a big sports fan and went to UGA, Falcons and Braves games.

I still can not get a grip on why people from the area show no love for the college that is actually IN Atlanta. I mean, i'm sure people have some logical reasons for some of them. But i bet not all!

Edited by stadawim