Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

So I just started the 3rd book, A Storm of Swords, last night. I might have been really, really, really stoned at the time and missed something, but...

WTF??!?!?? Catelyn released Jaime based on WHAT?? She references some agreement with Tyrion, but I don't recall this... am I forgetting something or is this elaborated on later? ***** is ********.

So I just started the 3rd book, A Storm of Swords, last night. I might have been really, really, really stoned at the time and missed something, but...

WTF??!?!?? Catelyn released Jaime based on WHAT?? She references some agreement with Tyrion, but I don't recall this... am I forgetting something or is this elaborated on later? ***** is ********.

During his time as her captive I think Cat began to see that Tyrion had some honor (albiet his own Lannister's version of the word). Desperate to get her daughters back she figured if she gave them back Jamie then Tyrion would see that Sansa and Arya (whom they claimed to have) were released. It wasn't really a rational move but I guess you can chalk it up to a mother's desperation. (remember she had just been driven to an emotional crisis point and she thinks Bran and Rickkon are dead)

I don't really consider this a spoiler since it's already happened in the show, but nonetheless..

She releases Jaime because she had just heard the news of Bran and Rickon's death at the hands of Theon Greyjoy and was desperate to get her daughters back because she was afraid all of her children were going to be killed. This is where the show ****** this whole story up, because not only did they completely remove the biggest M.O. for Catelyn releasing Jaime, they also completely removed the understandable justification for a grief-stricken Robb sleeping with Jeyne Westerling.

Instead they have Catelyn release Jaime because she just wants her daughters back and doesn't care how vital of a prisoner Jaime may be at this point.

Then they have Robb falling for a highborn Florence Nightingale who makes whoopy in her boots and seduces the King in the North with what basically equates to a college entry essay. "Slaves saved my brother, I learned then that I wanted to help people and change the world."

Whore.

On the show, Littlefinger delivers Ned's bones to Cat when she is at Renly's camp and wasn't it then that Littlefinger put the idea of the prisoner trade to Catelyn? I mean I'm sure it had occurred to Cat before then, but it seems like that meeting served as sorta an impetus. And it was Tyrion who sent Littlefinger.

Plus Cat didn't think she could protect Jaime from the Karstark's while Robb was away.

So basically Catelyn is a weakass hoe? Not to sound like too much of a feminist, but that just seems like overemotional, pisspoor reasoning and I'm a little surprised considering how well-written and strong-willed a lot of the other chicks have been (obvious exception being Sansa).

So basically Catelyn is a weakass hoe? Not to sound like too much of a feminist, but that just seems like overemotional, pisspoor reasoning and I'm a little surprised considering how well-written and strong-willed a lot of the other chicks have been (obvious exception being Sansa).

Kind sorta, she's definitely my least favorite Stark but at the same time some of Rob's best ideas as King of the North have stemed from his mother. The shows do a poor job portraying this.

Thoros of Myr has been cast (...maybe)

There's a rumor going around on tumblr that Asim Ahmad will be playing Thoros of Myr, a claim seemingly corroborated by a recent tweet from Asim (though the context is missing, it is reasonable to assume what it may have been).

Asim Ahmad's IMBD: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3606527/

The 'rumor': http://eternal0arane...ros-of-myr-cast

The 'evidence': http://twitter.com/a...103162240053248

Not the most... credible of sources I'll admit but I think it's too large a coincidence that the tumblr post would name a relatively unknown actor who happens to also be 'boasting' about Game of Thrones on his twitter for it not to have some truth in it. I guess we'll see.

He certainly looks the part and his resume certainly looks impressive enough (a number of small roles in BIG movies, including The Dark Knight and Inception).

MV5BMTQ2Nzk4MDUxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTA4NDI5Mw%2540%2540__V1__SX407_SY602_.jpg

I'm going out on a limb in saying that this isn't a spoiler. But the only Stark with the common sense that the Seven gave a horse is Arya. The rest made decisions that make me question how they got to the age that they did.

Thoros of Myr has been cast (...maybe)

There's a rumor going around on tumblr that Asim Ahmad will be playing Thoros of Myr, a claim seemingly corroborated by a recent tweet from Asim (though the context is missing, it is reasonable to assume what it may have been).

Asim Ahmad's IMBD: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3606527/

The 'rumor': http://eternal0arane...ros-of-myr-cast

The 'evidence': http://twitter.com/a...103162240053248

Not the most... credible of sources I'll admit but I think it's too large a coincidence that the tumblr post would name a relatively unknown actor who happens to also be 'boasting' about Game of Thrones on his twitter for it not to have some truth in it. I guess we'll see.

He certainly looks the part and his resume certainly looks impressive enough (a number of small roles in BIG movies, including The Dark Knight and Inception).

MV5BMTQ2Nzk4MDUxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTA4NDI5Mw%2540%2540__V1__SX407_SY602_.jpg

Not much to judge based on a regular photo of him, but he's certainly "non-Westerosi" (Not white in our world) looking enough to play someone from Myr.

I'm only 1/3 of the way through ACoK, but Bran seems to be at the head of the Stark class (along with Arya) so far. I guess there's plenty of pages left for him to tard things up and prove me wrong though.

Not much to judge based on a regular photo of him, but he's certainly "non-Westerosi" (Not white in our world) looking enough to play someone from Myr.

I always pictured Thoros as a genial pudgy brown man, so this seems about right. Don't know if they'll make him shave his head though.

Does Mark Richt make it a point to call up opposing coaches and tell them his entire gameplan? Does he then hold them to the same kind of "scout's honor" that he holds himself and the rest of his family to?

Aside from being beheaded on a near constant basis by the Gators...I'm having a difficult time understanding the correlation.

Does Mark Richt make it a point to call up opposing coaches and tell them his entire gameplan? Does he then hold them to the same kind of "scout's honor" that he holds himself and the rest of his family to?

Aside from being beheaded on a near constant basis by the Gators...I'm having a difficult time understanding the correlation.

Well I added this part in edit, so I'm not sure if you saw it..

"His 'honorable' way of doing things is f-cking up my realm."

Basically he wants to operate like a boy scout when he's surrounded by cut throat pragmatists.

IDK maybe I'm not explaining it right, but I kinda feel like it makes sense. Could just be that I'm pretty f-cked up right now though.

internet-memes-extra-small.jpg

Oh okay well yeah, after your edit it pretty much says the exact same thing I did.

I can't tell you how many times SacFalcFag has banned me for telling UGA fans that they will never win a National Championship under Mark Richt. In fact I'd say that's pretty much the basis for 85% of my bannings.

UGA aint winnin anything anytime soon.

And I went to UGA.

We're like the Hawks of SEC. Good enough to make a little noise but that's about it.

WTF you gettin banded for??? There a UGA Nazi party floatin round here?

Chit wrong thread!

<------high!

If you're gonna post in the wrong thread, THAT is the kinda **** you post.

You have my blessing to post anything you wish in this thread sir.