HBO: Game of Thrones

All I can say is wow! Cercei is quite the raving drunkard, Tyrion did it all and then some, Jofferey is as pathetic as ever, explosion was something to behold.

The Hound>>>>>>>>>>

This show has such an interesting dynamic. As much as I want Jofferey's and Cersei's heads on a stake that would mean the most likely demise of my favorite character Tyrion. During the seige I was completely split on who I hoped won. Tywin's return piles on more intrigue. I'm so depressed that there's only 1 episode left. There are so many plot lines that are being set up.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is wow! Cercei is quite the raving drunkard, Tyrion did it all and then some, Jofferey is as pathetic as ever, explosion was something to behold.

The Hound>>>>>>>>>>

This show has such an interesting dynamic. As much as I want Jofferey's and Cersei's heads on a stake that would mean the most likely demise of my favorite character Tyrion. During the seige I was completely split on who I hoped won. Tywin's return piles on more intrigue. I'm so depressed that there's only 1 episode left. There are so many plot lines that are being set up.

If Storm of Swords is not split into 2 seasons by HBO, season 3 will have a frequent and early share of holy $hit moments.

They have released the new characters that will appear in season 3 so who would you guys cast in these roles?

Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.

Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

I am remiss in having not mentioned this last night but Stannis is a f-cking badass! Dude wasn't really that phased by the wildfire, was at the front of the first rowboat that touched shore, was the very first man up the ladders, and so on and so forth.

tumblr_m4pyt2wSaS1rw7ny8o1_500.gif

Random Pleeb: "Hundreds of men are going to die..."

Stannis: "Thousands" *enters rowboat*

Book bros, would one of you guys mind telling me what circumstances led to Jeor Mormont originally joining the Night's Watch, provided that's something the books get into? Thanks.

Random Pleeb: "Hundreds of men are going to die..."

Stannis: "Thousands" *enters rowboat*

It's easy to see why Stannis' demeanour would lead the majority of the bannermen to originally follow Renly, but after Blackwater it's also easy too see why Stannis' actions would encourage devotion amongst his followers... First one on the boat, first one on the shore, first one up the ladder, last one to be dragged away. Plus like he said himself.. by every law in Westeros, Stannis is the rightful king.

Book bros, would one of you guys mind telling me what circumstances led to Jeor Mormont originally joining the Night's Watch, provided that's something the books get into? Thanks.

It's easy to see why Stannis' demeanour would lead the majority of the bannermen to originally follow Renly, but after Blackwater it's also easy too see why Stannis' actions would encourage devotion amongst his followers... First one on the boat, first one on the shore, first one up the ladder, last one to be dragged away. Plus like he said himself.. by every law in Westeros, Stannis is the rightful king.

by every law in Westeros, Danaerys Targaryen should be on the throne. Treason was against the law

I don't remember there being a reason or flashpoint to Lord Jeor leaving Bear Island to take the black. Maybe he was stepping aside for his son to become a lord?

I don't remember there being a reason or flashpoint to Lord Jeor leaving Bear Island to take the black. Maybe he was stepping aside for his son to become a lord?

I was wondering if Jeor took the black before or after his son, Jorah, was sentenced by Ned and fled.

I know that joining the Night's Watch is more of a respected tradition in the north, and that the women of Bear Island have a reputation for being tough in defending their home while the men are at sea, but I thought that joining the Night's Watch voluntarily was typically more of a young, bachelor-type deal. I wonder if Lord Jeor was still married when he left Bear Island and if he has any other living children.

I was wondering if Jeor took the black before or after his son, Jorah, was sentenced by Ned and fled.

I know that joining the Night's Watch is more of a respected tradition in the north, and that the women of Bear Island have a reputation for being tough in defending their home while the men are at sea, but I thought that joining the Night's Watch voluntarily was typically more of a young, bachelor-type deal. I wonder if Lord Jeor was still married when he left Bear Island and if he has any other living children.

I think Jeor took the black after Jorah won a tournament and showed himself to be extremely capable so Jeor joined the Watch so Jorah could immediately inherit his titles.

Jorah was the lord when he got caught selling slaves (poachers). You'd think Jeor took the black over his son's disgrace, but his leaving for the wall came a few years earlier.