HBO: Game of Thrones

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insane. That's the only word I can really muster at the moment.

Apparently it's exactly as it happened in the book, and some doucher on another board pretty much spoiled it for me by saying there was major stark butt-hurt coming. I knew it would be either Ned or one of the girls.

The books have obviously thrived without Ned. I don't know if new characters will be introduced or Jon and Rob will become more strong characters and carry the show. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I'd love to read the books, but studying for the bar is eating my soul.

The way the last scene was filmed was great. The Dothraki subplot has become less interesting with how the the main plot line has played out.

Unforutunaly I was busy with a paper and didn't catch the whole episode did Khal Drogo die or what?

He's alive, but he's on his death bed unless the witch actually can do magic. There were crazy noises coming out of the tent after she sacrificed his horse. Thus far, even though the show takes place in a totally fictional universe, it has basically stuck to the laws of our universe, with the exception of the white walkers. There has been talk of magic but we haven't seen any until possibly last night.

Apparently it's exactly as it happened in the book, and some doucher on another board pretty much spoiled it for me by saying there was major stark butt-hurt coming. I knew it would be either Ned or one of the girls.

The books have obviously thrived without Ned. I don't know if new characters will be introduced or Jon and Rob will become more strong characters and carry the show. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I'd love to read the books, but studying for the bar is eating my soul.

The way the last scene was filmed was great. The Dothraki subplot has become less interesting with how the the main plot line has played out.

Unfortunately, Stark dying was a spoiler I'd heard weeks ago. Serious business when your lead actor bites the dust late in the first season.

Unfortunately, Stark dying was a spoiler I'd heard weeks ago. Serious business when your lead actor bites the dust late in the first season.

Yeah, it's definitely a very unconventional tactic as far as a show goes, even if it follows the books directly.

Dare I say . . . Lady Stark is one of the strongest characters on the show?

Also, I think the revelation at the end of the Killing is another Red Herring. Richmond was obviously involved, but I don't know if he was the actual killer. My odds are it's someone in his camp and he helped cover it up. Maybe his lady friend, she might have gotten jealous of his extra-curricular affairs. Or maybe it was him, and they'll devote the entire hour to trying to pin the evidence on him with a big confession in the last minute. I dunno.

Those of us who have read the books have been waiting for this episode just to see the reactions, :lol:

edit: and yes, wishing that people on the net were not total jerkbags who live to ruin stuff like this for others. And drake, if I may offer my opinion, I think the books -- thus presumably the show -- became better after Ned was offed. Not only did it raise the stakes dramatically, but as has been pointed out in this thread...the man was an idiot.

Edited by SetzerFalcon

Those of us who have read the books have been waiting for this episode just to see the reactions, :lol:

edit: and yes, wishing that people on the net were not total jerkbags who live to ruin stuff like this for others. And drake, if I may offer my opinion, I think the books -- thus presumably the show -- became better after Ned was offed. Not only did it raise the stakes dramatically, but as has been pointed out in this thread...the man was an idiot.

Glad to hear that. Rob seems to be following in his father's footsteps in his concept of honor. I want to see Jon's character continue to grow as well.

The huge reveal of Maester Aemon being a Targaryen was way overshadowed by Ned's execution, but my mouth was open the whole time he was telling his story to Jon and the whole tent scene with Drogo and the priestess was really intense. The sounds coming from that tent gave me chills.

It's annoying I may have to start reading the books in between seasons but then I will miss out on the shock value from the TV series...

Quite honestly during the final scene I was trying to figure out how he was going to get out of it...

But it seems like too good of a story to pass up.

What a great episode last night!

Got a question. John Snow received the sword from the night watch captain dude, and the night watch captain said his son's name (can't remember the name he said) then went on to say the son betrayed the family name. Is his son the guy that got exiled for selling slaves and is now hanging out with the Dothrakies?

What a great episode last night!

Got a question. John Snow received the sword from the night watch captain dude, and the night watch captain said his son's name (can't remember the name he said) then went on to say the son betrayed the family name. Is his son the guy that got exiled for selling slaves and is now hanging out with the Dothrakies?

Yes the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch is Jeor Mormont. His son is Ser Jorah Mormont, Dany's personal bodyguard.

SMH at the ridiculous amounts of backlash towards Ned's death, particularly over on the IMDb boards. Apparently there are a ton of people who only watched this show because of the fact that Sean Bean was in it.

Now I had a feeling Ned's death was coming, because while I was reading around on the internet about the show I came across something that said Sean Bean was only contracted through 9 episodes. When I first read it I just thought to myself "Oh well there just must be an episode that he's not featured in." As the weeks went on and on and he was a major part of every episode I thought it had to be a typo so I went to the IMDb boards and asked why he was only on contract for 9 episodes and the first response was in SPOILER tags so I immediately hit the back button and never returned to the thread, but I pretty much figured it was going to happen.

I just started reading the first book and haven't even caught up to the series yet and I'm almost halfway through, but it seems like a lot of the people that aren't interested in reading the books think it's the worst thing in the world and are threatening to cancel their HBO subscriptions. Nobody realizes that the execution of Ned Stark is a catalyst for the ENTIRE ******* storyline. A Game Of Thrones is an introductory novel and season 1 of the show is the same way obviously. It's an introduction to the characters and the world they inhabit. Stark's death is what turns all the gears and throws the entire continent of Westeros into war.