HBO: Game of Thrones

JHav

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost frustrating, one cannot help to naturally compare the fast paced later episodes of season one to the slower, character developing early episodes of this season and not be a tad bit frustrated. But I know good things will come and it will play out in a great way.

If it's any consolation to you it's exactly how the books are. Every book starts out very slowly (Except for book 3 because they're in full-fledged war by that point) and builds up to the big crescendo.

I've figured the reason this series is called A Song Of Ice And Fire is because it's supposed to be read like one of those old compositions. Like a great song, the series has it's beginning that builds up to the main chorus, then it comes back down to the verse, then back to the man chorus, and so on. It's all building towards the main solo at the end.

Tyrion deceptively weeding out Cersei's rat was played out beautifully. It's a very cool moment in the books when you realize how brilliant Tyrion actually is, and it was done very well in the show.

That whole thing was genius...I really like his character w/ what he lacks in size he makes up with his smarts. I'm not sure if the producers wants us to like him (being a Lanister and all) but I really enjoy his character.

It's almost frustrating, one cannot help to naturally compare the fast paced later episodes of season one to the slower, character developing early episodes of this season and not be a tad bit frustrated. But I know good things will come and it will play out in a great way.

I find the pace slower, but boy the hour sure flies by quickly.

That whole thing was genius...I really like his character w/ what he lacks in size he makes up with his smarts. I'm not sure if the producers wants us to like him (being a Lanister and all) but I really enjoy his character.

That's what I like about this series though- you aren't supposed to particularly like any of them, save for the Starks. The Starks are always portrayed as honorable and just, but even that gets in their own way and causes you to dislike them for their stupidity. Ned and Catelyn Stark both commit monumentally stupid acts in the first season that make you think that they're the dumbest House in Westeros. In reality, they're one of the few Houses in the land with any actual "real" honor.

It's a real world with real people, and there isn't a clear-cut good vs. evil plot like Lord of the Rings. It's just war, and each side has people with stories and reasons, just like real life.

Edited by Heisenberg

Game of Thrones-time flies by in dog years... I literally can't tell if I've been watching 20 minutes or 45 minutes. I wonder if this season's main theme is the nature of power and where it truly lies. Power kept getting mentioned in the teaser previews before the season started.

RIP

Yoren
. Awesome bro who died hard.

I miss Dragon Tits, but we've got fresh red headed boobage 2 weeks in a row for the Brothers Baratheon. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I do hope we only have 1 gay scene per season with Renly and the Knight of Daffodils tho.. BO is a socially progressive bro and I've been arguing for gay marriage and such since the late 90's... but I still reserve the right to say [Chappelle "Black Bush" voice] "That sh*t is gross, man!" [/ Chappelle].

It was really interesting getting a little more inside look (among other things) at Margaery Tyrell. I figured she had a little more political acumen than was let on but it was cool seeing the show back that up.

Natalie Dormer is a crush of mine. Needless to say, the dress looked better the second way than it did the first.

She's got a very strange and exotic looking face. Her eyes are too far apart but it's not in a bad way, it actually makes her hotter.

April 22 - "Garden of Bones"

Joffrey punishes Sansa for Robb's victories, while Tyrion and Bronn scramble to temper the king's cruelty. Catelyn entreats Stannis and Renly to forego their ambitions and unite against the Lannisters. Dany and her exhausted khalasar arrive at the gates of Qarth, a prosperous city with strong walls and rulers who greet her outside them. Tyrion coerces a queen's man into being his eyes and ears. Arya and Gendry are taken to Harrenhal, where their lives rest in the hands of "The Mountain," Gregor Clegane. Davos must revert to his old ways and smuggle Melisandre into a secret cove. Written by Vanessa Taylor; directed by David Petrarca.

Did The Mountain have any lines last year? I think his only scenes were when he killed that new knight who had been Jon Arryn's squire and the other joust vs. Knight of Flowers.

How tall is Brienne in the books? I think I read where The Mountain is supposed to be about seven and a half feet and The Hound is in the 6'6"-6'9" range.

Did The Mountain have any lines last year? I think his only scenes were when he killed that new knight who had been Jon Arryn's squire and the other joust vs. Knight of Flowers.

How tall is Brienne in the books? I think I read where The Mountain is supposed to be about seven and a half feet and The Hound is in the 6'6"-6'9" range.

The actress is 6'3"

"SWORD!"

Maybe they didn't like Conan Stevens' acting? or maybe The Hobbit presented a scheduling conflict? Although according to him he could have done both of them.

The actor that replaced him has mostly done suit work and not a whole lot of real acting. He played a Predator in both of the AVP movies and played the desert wizard thing in the Clash of the Titans remake, as well as playing the White Walker from Season 1.

Edited by Heisenberg