Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

those of us watching or in the story?

Either way, I'd be good with it.

I might have to start an appreciation thread for Sam's shapeshifter girlfriend.

True_Blood_Luna.jpg

Deborah Ann Woll has a No Nudity clause in her contract, sadly.

There should be a database listing of such clauses somewhere so I could adjust my expectations/viewing habits accordingly.

And in unrelated news, I wish they could find some parts on GoT for Titus Welliver and Dayton Callie... both great on Deadwood and Sons of Anarchy. Callie is from the UK and Welliver had a Irish accent on SoA.

deadwood.jpg

I could see that, but I think Stephen Dillane has been amazing as Stannis. My only complaint is that the Stannis storyline didn't get enough screen time this past season.

Any idea who this goofy looking bast*rd might portray?

**UPDATE** #11 (07/04):

Flickr photo confirmation (1 , 2) of Mackenzie Crook with Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell),Rose Leslie (Ygritte) and Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) in Belfast together along with what could be Philip McGinley and Joe Dempsie (Gendry).

http://www.spoilertv...ting-roles.html

mackenzie-crook.jpg

If you're gonna post in the wrong thread, THAT is the kinda **** you post.

You have my blessing to post anything you wish in this thread sir.

2lkcmmo.gif

I could see that, but I think Stephen Dillane has been amazing as Stannis. My only complaint is that the Stannis storyline didn't get enough screen time this past season.

Any idea who this goofy looking bast*rd might portray?

mackenzie-crook.jpg

is that the eye guy from pirates of the carribean?

He could be any number of people.

The sellsword Vargo Hoat

Beric Dondarrion (They're recasting)

Edmure Tully

I'm about half way though ACoK and I have no knowledge of who Vargo Hoat is.

Edmure hasn't had anything to do or really even been spoken of that much in what I've read so far, but I know he'll become more prominent.

I did read a non-spoilery character description for Beric and it mentioned that the guys in the Brotherhood Without Banners become rather gaunt and haggard looking, what with their new lifestyle and all. I just wonder if Mackenzie Crook could come across as a believable knight, because he seems more like a comedic presence in what few roles I have seen him in.

This guy, Sean Harris, would make a great Beric. But unfortunately he is commited to a Showtime series and unavailable.

Sean_Harris_666565.jpg

I'm about half way though ACoK and I have no knowledge of who Vargo Hoat is.

Edmure hasn't had anything to do or really even been spoken of that much in what I've read so far, but I know he'll become more prominent.

I did read a non-spoilery character description for Beric and it mentioned that the guys in the Brotherhood Without Banners become rather gaunt and haggard looking, what with their new lifestyle and all. I just wonder if Mackenzie Crook could come across as a believable knight, because he seems more like a comedic presence in what few roles I have seen him in.

This guy, Sean Harris, would make a great Beric. But unfortunately he is commited to a Showtime series and unavailable.

Sean_Harris_666565.jpg

Not sure when exactly Vargo Hoat shows up in that book, but it should be relatively soon if you're half-way through.

Have you gotten to Blackwater yet?

Not sure when exactly Vargo Hoat shows up in that book, but it should be relatively soon if you're half-way through.

Have you gotten to Blackwater yet?

No, I'm only on page 316 of ACoK... so just a little less than half way through. Tyrion just had Maester Pycelle thrown in the dark cells. The most recent activity visa vie Blackwater was Tyrion instructing the Iron Hand to train the Gold Cloaks with the pottery jars. The chain concept has been introduced but we haven't been told its purpose yet.

So far, the most surprising thing was Stannis laying siege to Storm's End... didn't know that happened at all. And it was just an occurence referenced by another character at the end of a chapter... we haven't yet actually arrived there or heard any details.

I had assumed Vargo Hoat wasn't even introduced until ASoS. I guess he must be another character they haven't had time for on the show. I just now met the Reed's at the Harvest Festival.

Yeah, Stannis' siege of Storm's End is when you actually find out what the **** the shadow is.

Came off way better in the book than in the show in my opinion since the first shadow assassin comes out of nowhere to slit Renly's throat and you're left wondering "WTF just happened???" until we're shown later on what Melisandre is actually capable of.

One thing I don't understand is when they are talking about siege warfare and mention "scorpions" and "spitfires." Well it seems that a scorpion is sorta like a catapult, but what the **** is a spitfire? Google has been no help.

gallery_17_264422.jpg