Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I'd rather he didn't.

Sometimes it's just better to leave things up to debate and interpretation.

You caught up on Breaking Bad?

[quote

name=falcon_bob' timestamp='1340146532' post='6865429]

sopranos-pig.jpg

Okay that was sort of a poor choice of a statement.

What I should have said was "Sometimes it's better to leave minor characters/events up to interpretation/debate"

When you've done like 10 seasons of a show and everyone is expecting a resolution you can't leave your main character and his family completely ambiguous.

I've got a kick out of reading The Sopranos explanations and theories, but there has NEVER been a worse ending to a show ever. Spin it and flip it upside down all you want to, it sucked.

Okay that was sort of a poor choice of a statement.

What I should have said was "Sometimes it's better to leave minor characters/events up to interpretation/debate"

When you've done like 10 seasons of a show and everyone is expecting a resolution you can't leave your main character and his family completely ambiguous.

I've got a kick out of reading The Sopranos explanations and theories, but there has NEVER been a worse ending to a show ever. Spin it and flip it upside down all you want to, it sucked.

I agree with you 100%. Your post was just the perfect opening for me to do that. I've accomplished more than enough for one day now.

Don't blame me. I voted for Stannis.

Yeah but I hear he's a secret R'hllor worshiper. He'd sell the kingdom out to a bunch of fire burning extremists.

I still think Dany has the most right to the crown, her fathers murder was an act of treason and Robert should not have been given the crown.

I still think Dany has the most right to the crown, her fathers murder was an act of treason and Robert should not have been given the crown.

Robert wasn't given the crown, he took it. Anybody with an army and a weapon in their hand has a right to make a claim to the throne. The Targaryen line was broken when Robert took the throne and now it's the Baratheons throne by Westerosi law.

Billy Ocean likes this

Robert wasn't given the crown, he took it. Anybody with an army and a weapon in their hand has a right to make a claim to the throne. The Targaryen line was broken when Robert took the throne and now it's the Baratheons throne by Westerosi law.

Didn't think the lore law allowed for that type of transfer by an act of treason like an assassination from behind.

tumblr_ly7fkzEXDR1r9h4heo1_500.jpg

Yeah but how do you explain the fact that he began his campaign on the same day as Ageon the Unworthy's nameday? And what about the rumors that he might've had a hand in his brother's death. You wont see these story's being spread by raven. Dang lamestream maesters. WHERE IS THE TRUTH MR. BARATHEON!!!

Didn't think the lore law allowed for that type of transfer by an act of treason like an assassination from behind.

Robert wasn't the one that assassinated Aerys though. By the time Jaime had killed Aerys, Tywin Lannister's army, who were let into the city under false ally banners had already started decimating House Targaryen.

With the might of House Baratheon, Lannister, Tully, and Stark alligned with one another, who in their right mind would tell Robert that he wasn't allowed to take the throne?

That's how it happened in our own world too. Right of succession belonged to the family of the current king, but that line could always be broken, whether by war or by a lack of familial heirs to take over, which in the end always lead to war anyways. The War of the Roses, which Game of Thrones takes much of its inspiration from, is a good example of this.

I was rewatching the second season the other day, and I noticed that they really did have to scale down Blackwater... Stannis had this many ships before he absorbed Renly's multitude of banners..

GAME+OF+THRONES+S02_E05.mkv_snapshot_06.52_[2012.04.30_21.32.17].jpg

I'm about 150 page into A Feast for Crows and loving the whole series. I do have to say that the epilogue for A Storm of Swords and the prologue for A Feast for Crows almost made me put down the books (until the very last part of the prologue, of course). Didn't get the back story at all and the first 50-70 pages were really boring for me. That might be because I wanted to get caught up with my favorite characters. But now that we're following the main characters, I'm feeling the groove again.

I almost want to not finish the last two books because I'm afraid of how bad it's going to suck waiting another 6 years for the next book to get finished.