Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I don't even know who she'd play now. There aren't any new characters being introduced that she could play. Everybody was clamoring for her for Cersei when it was first announced that HBO was doing this even though I think they knew it wasn't realistic.

There is a character introduced in Feast that I could see her playing but that's not going to be for another 2 seasons.

I don't even know who she'd play now. There aren't any new characters being introduced that she could play. Everybody was clamoring for her for Cersei when it was first announced that HBO was doing this even though I think they knew it wasn't realistic.

There is a character introduced in Feast that I could see her playing but that's not going to be for another 2 seasons.

They could roll her out as the daughter Walder Frey had in mind for Rob. That'll learn ya!

Billy Ocean likes this

Charlize's agent and manager are gonna look at the movie offers she has on the table, then look at what GoT pays, then they're gonna react like Ari when Vince wanted to shoot Queens Boulevard

Charlize's agent and manager are gonna look at the movie offers she has on the table, then look at what GoT pays, then they're gonna react like Ari when Vince wanted to shoot Queens Boulevard

Probably. She's the hottest actress in Hollywood in more ways than one right now and there's nobody for her to play yet.

I always wanted Kate Beckinsale to be in this show too. I think she could benefit from doing a show like this, because her movies are straight up skunk ***.

In somewhat related news, the guy I REALLY wanted to play Ramsay Snow has now been cast as Hannibal Lecter. That makes me a sad panda.

Alright show of hands now that everyone should have seen the finale by now:

How many people hate the fact that the wights are now basically regular old pop-culture zombies now?

Billy Ocean likes this

How many people hate the fact that the wights are now basically regular old pop-culture zombies now?

To soon to tell, they were only on screen for a minute, let's see how they work and react before we down them like that

I've never really been a fan of zombie movies. I don't particularly dislike them.. I watch most zombie movies once if I should happen to catch them on one of the movie channels. Also I haven't gotten to the part in the book where the wights are introduced yet, so I don't really know how they are presented in the book.

But I wasn't sure if the wights we saw in the last scene this season really matched up with what we saw from season 1. When the two wight bodies were initially brought to Castle Black last year, Samwell noticed that they didn't have a smell/weren't decaying, but the "walkers" we saw in Valar Morghulis had decaying corpses. I guess that could perhaps be explained away by the circumstances by which they died & became wights along with how much time had passed. But also, I seem to remember the wight Jon killed last year being more of a "rage"-type zombie who moved and acted more assertively as opposed to the slow-trodding, more responsive walker-types. However, maybe that's because the wight that tried to attack Commander Mormont was "freshly-made" so it still had more of its strength and the ability to move faster than veteran wights.

I am worried how the show will use them going forward, but I feel like they'll probably be handled well. I think the show has slowly introduced its fantasy/magic aspects in a way that doesn't turn off your average viewer. I know personally I've never been into fantasy books, movies, games, etc. before GoT and that's mostly because the more fantastical aspects turn me off. The reason I love GoT is because it's more Shakespeare than Tolkien.

You're a reader. Do you think the wights are going to play an enhanced role over their representation in the first 5 books? I'm more worried that they might just ignore the Giants. The dragons are going to be the real showstoppers the next few years.

More People Pirate Game Of Thrones Than Watch It On TV

According to TorrentFreak, Game of Thrones averages around 3.9 million pirated downloads per episode. According to the great Internet resource known as Wikipedia, only 3.8 million people watch Game of Thrones on HBO. That means more people pirate the show than actually watch the show on TV.

To no one’s surprise, Game of Thrones is the most pirated show on television by a huge margin. It’s been tracking like that the entire season, but now that the winter TV season is nearly over, it’s been coronated as the king. Last year, the series based on the books by George R R Martin clocked in at 3.4 million pirated downloads per episode, so the show is doing better on both the shady black box of ratings and shady grey area of the Internet even though this season wasn’t as good as the first.

Obviously, HBO Go numbers don’t apply here but the effect of HBO Go isn’t nearly as powerful as we think. HBO told the NY Times that only one per cent of its total viewership across its network is actually from HBO Go. [TorrentFreak]

I thought the white walkers looked badass, I just wasn't thrilled with the way the wights (the zombie minions) looked too much like cliche zombies, particularly the fact that they were all clumsily walking really slow towards the fist. They're supposed to be able to retain their functionality and normal skills from when they were living.

You're a reader. Do you think the wights are going to play an enhanced role over their representation in the first 5 books? I'm more worried that they might just ignore the Giants. The dragons are going to be the real showstoppers the next few years.
The wights or the white walkers? I'm hoping they don't leave out the mammoths and the giants, I've been looking forward to them ever since I read the books.

what book do the mammoths/giants come on the scene?

shot ^

Once Jon meets Mance Rayder. The giants and mammoths are apart of the wildling army.

Earlier this week I read the chapter in Game of Thrones where Tyrion is about to depart Castle Black, and Lord Commander Mormont & Maester Aemon are telling Tyrion the perils the Night's Watch is facing in the hope that Tyrion will carry word back to court at King's Landing. Mormont mentions White Walkers being glimpsed by fisherfolk on the shore near Eastwatch. And Tyrions smartass replied that fisherfolk of Lannisport often glimpse merlings. :lol:

But I thought I read somewhere that White Walkers only come out at night. Maybe they can come out during the daylight now because they are bringing the "long night" with them.

I also wonder if the White Walkers can communicate with humans. All we've heard of their voice is a sound like cracking ice, but I wasn't sure how Craster had been able to work out his agreement with them.

what book do the mammoths/giants come on the scene?

shot ^

7553270846819644.jpg

A few nights ago I read the part where Old Nan was telling Bran the story about the white walkers and the first men/children of the forest defeating them, and I'm almost positive she told the story as white walkers leading an army of the dead. That made sense to me in light of the end of season 2, there are a species of white walkers/others as well as their zombie soldiers.

I thought the white walkers looked badass, I just wasn't thrilled with the way the wights (the zombie minions) looked too much like cliche zombies, particularly the fact that they were all clumsily walking really slow towards the fist. They're supposed to be able to retain their functionality and normal skills from when they were living.

The wights or the white walkers? I'm hoping they don't leave out the mammoths and the giants, I've been looking forward to them ever since I read the books.

Either one. Other than the battle at Crastor's Keep, the wights and WW don't have much impact over what sounds like the next 5 seasons (if they split SoS and FoC) They can always augment the special effects(like Star Trek did with Klingons) the same way they change/recast actors