Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I've kinda wish that HBO had split A Clash of Kings into 2 seasons as well. There is just too much character development and detail to do properly in 10 episodes. Plus it would have given them more of a budget to do Blackwater and House of the Undying.

Late to the party here. Never been much into fantasy, but my sisters have been raving about these books and the TV show for a while now, so I finally relented and borrowed the 1st book last weekend. I'm about halfway through it and totally engrossed!

Question: Do I need to read the whole series before watching the show? Like how far along into the books has the show gone so far?

Late to the party here. Never been much into fantasy, but my sisters have been raving about these books and the TV show for a while now, so I finally relented and borrowed the 1st book last weekend. I'm about halfway through it and totally engrossed!

Question: Do I need to read the whole series before watching the show? Like how far along into the books has the show gone so far?

Season 1 matched up almost exactly with Book 1.

Season 2 more or less matched up with Book 2, but they made more changes with the show and introduced some stuff that didn't actually appear till Book 3.

The Third Book will take the Third & Fourth Seasons of the show to cover.

IronBallsMcGinty likes this

It's almost better to watch the series first. For me it made the names and locations easier.

HBO makes very good programs but they're slow on the uptake when it comes to changing markets. If they realized the revenues of DVD sales, DVR, and other such things should be included instead of simply staring at Nielsen ratings then Rome would not have been cut so short, and now they're not adapting to piracy by making things like HBO Go available to everyone so they're seeing a show become extremely popular but are not taking advantage of it.

Looking at Charlize Theron is one of my favorite things in the world to do, and I appreciate the sentiment and all. But this really isn't anything serious so I don't see this happening, nor would I really want it to.. I like the cast being comprised of British actors that I'm not that familiar with, it allows for the focus to be on the story that way.

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 3: Charlize Theron Wants In

charlize20theron20evening20dress.jpg

With ratings that soared to upwards of 4.2 million viewers for the season 2 finale of ‘Game of Thrones‘ “Valar Morghulis.” it’s safe to say that just about everybody wants a piece of ‘Game of Thrones’ right now. Similarly, ‘Snow White and the Huntsman‘ managed to top the box office this weekend over ‘Men and Black 3‘ and ‘The Avengers.’ Might we see a bit of a mash-up in the future?

According to a recent interview with Collider, ‘Prometheus’ and ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ actress Charlize Theron has here eye on a role for the third season of ‘Game of Thrones,’ set to begin production in Ireland and several other locations soon. Speaking on her son, Theron alluded to regularly watching the series while feeding, saying :

I watch a lot of stuff that people are somewhat shocked by, but I am absolutely like foaming at the mouth with ‘Game of Thrones.’ Like, I cannot get enough of that. When my son came in my life, [he] was a bottle feed. … That was my TiVo feed every two hours, was watching Game of Thrones.

My mom was like, ‘Do you think it’s fine that you’re feeding your son while there’s like sword fights?’ I was like, ‘It’s fine, Mom. It’s fine.’ So, I’m somewhat obsessed with that right now.

When asked if she herself would ever take a role on the series, Theron replied, “I’d be totally open to it. I’m open to anything, dude. I’m open to anything.” Vague perhaps, but maybe spreading the word will be enough to make it happen? Are you listening, guys?